Dish Network in Baja Mexico

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I don't think we're in disagreement about that. This thread was about reception of DN satellites in the Los Cabos area using 4' to 6' dishes. You're using a 12' dish in Acapulco to pick up the 110. I only know what works in Los Cabos and that's all I was responding to.

My reason for posting was to update that, since July, you can no longer pick up the 110 satellite here in Los Cabos (and many parts of Mexico) using a 6' dish, and that DN users who already had a 2nd 6' dish pointed on the 110 could move it to the 129, the only other DN satellite option we can pick up in this area with a 6' dish.

Please note I didn't offer to move these dishes, sell dishes, or sell anything else for that matter. And I didn't ask people to contact me, etc., unlike BajaBoy who posted earlier in the thread.

It was information intended solely for people who might be affected by this change, that's all. If it doesn't apply to your situation, then ignore it by all means, but please don't "shoot the messenger."

Last edited:
Strange

That is so strange, if you are in los cabos, you are way closer to the US border than Acapulco or Mexico City, how come we can pull sat 110 with all transponders down here with a 12 footer (2.40 mts) and you cant with a 1.80 mts.

We had several customers with two-dish systems, all with 1.8 meter dishes on the 110°. All of them went down when E11 was replaced last year, including 6' Andrews (about as good as it gets for that dish size). A 6' dish has roughly 25% of the surface area of a 12'. I haven't installed a 12' dish since 1985, and don't really want to go there again.

Here's a contour map for E11, with recommended antenna sizes. Acapulco is a few hundred miles closer than Los Cabos to a portion of the 36.2dbW contour:

Echo11.jpg

Again, if the question and replies that started this topic don't apply to your situation (Using 4' to 6' dishes to pick up the 110° satellite in the Los Cabos Area, Baja California Sur, Mexico), then ignore it.

Last edited:
Dish Network in Loreto

There is now an "authorized reseller" shop for DN on Juarez in town. The young lady did not speak English. As a DN customer back home, it would be nice to install a legal system that ties in with my home account. I expect the offering would be oriented to the local market. Does anyone know?

Thanks

couple of things

I know it's nit picking but we use E for Dish Network (Echostar company) and D is Directv on this site. Also a 12 ft dish in not a 2.4 m dish. A 12 ft dish is 144 inches which is 3.6576 m. :D

There is now an "authorized reseller" shop for DN on Juarez in town. The young lady did not speak English. As a DN customer back home, it would be nice to install a legal system that ties in with my home account. I expect the offering would be oriented to the local market. Does anyone know?

Thanks
Probably, it's Dish Mexico, not Dish Network U.S. Totally different.

Probably, it's Dish Mexico, not Dish Network U.S. Totally different.

Yep, not the same thing (different channels), in any event I see on the Dish Mexico site, that apparently the only official establishments to subscribe are the Telmex stores.

As a DN customer back home, it would be nice to install a legal system that ties in with my home account.
A caution about this. E doesn't like multiple receivers on the same account that are not all connected to a US phone line. They can and will audit such accounts for "account stacking", especially when there are three or more receivers. Safer if you can get an RV waiver (if they still issue them. Haven't checked in a while).

I SEE SEVERAL REFERENCES T THE LETTER "E" What does "E" refer to iIs it Echostar or Dishnetwork?

Refers to Echostar which used to also mean DISH NETWORK. But now they are two separate companies business wise , but still have Charlie Ergen running both of them as Ceo. I just use the word DISH for DISH NETWORK and Echostar to refer to that company. But there are others who love to abbreviate things . What ever you prefer.

Only if you call it "E" :)

Yes to your question if the dish can see the satellites.

So this thread is very old. Its now 2022. I am wondering if there is any new news on this topic? I used to have D in San Jose Del Cabo and got tired with crappy content so went with online content providers.
The content providers are now getting smarter and see though VPN's more frequently.
So I am thinking about going back to D with one or two 36" HD Dish(es). Is anyone having any luck with all three western arc satellites or only 2 can be seen by 3ft dishes?

So this thread is very old. Its now 2022. I am wondering if there is any new news on this topic? I used to have D in San Jose Del Cabo and got tired with crappy content so went with online content providers.
The content providers are now getting smarter and see though VPN's more frequently.
So I am thinking about going back to D with one or two 36" HD Dish(es). Is anyone having any luck with all three western arc satellites or only 2 can be seen by 3ft dishes?
You need minimum 4 foot dishes to work there in San Jose del Cabo. Only 129 and 119 available.

Apparently the footprint of 110 does not easily extend to Baja Mexico - a larger dish is needed. One dish per satellite location. Earlier in the discussion someone said two 4 ft dishes each for 119 and 129 and a 6 ft dish for 110.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts