America's Everything Pak w/ Locals $99.99
Premiums Channels:
A La Carte and Add-ons:
New England Sports Net $0.00
CSN New England $0.00
Service Plan (15/0) $6.00
SportsNet New York $0.00
HD & Platinum $10.00

What am I to do this month or next month for the free HD for life?

2. Considering we are all getting locked in for 2 years and HD for life, does this mean that if we do not commit then we can soon see HD channels uploaded that will not be available to us ? Hopefully this is not the case, but I appreciate opinions/ideas about my concern.

This is halarious. E* has been talking about this, June 3rd finally came. I think E* should be renamed "Cant get right"

Scott's solution is wait for the next bill

I find the "HD for life" is simply built for advertisment for new customers....when again E* is screwing over there existing customers.

I do not think it is going to happen. Telling my parents they can pay $99 to get something for "free"
or sign yet another 2 year committment.

Im sure in 6 months, E* will add a few more HD channels, and say. I am sorry these are not available to those on "HD free" but we will add them for $10 a month, and a two year commitment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I'm automatically enrolled right now cause of the "HD & Platinum" for $10 and I wont drop Platinum till next month. I currently have LatinoMax with HD. However, if I downgrade to something that doesn't have an HD add-on like DishMexico, which would have Univision HD, Telefutura HD, and Galavision HD, will I be able to enroll some other time without the commitment or fee?

Last edited:
im one of the lucky ones then, and will save $10 with no commitment when i cancel my useless platimum add-on. i've been on paperless and auto for years and have hd+plat for $10.
yeah for me!

I am confused:

1. Here is my Basic Programming:
America's Everything Pak w/ Locals $99.99
Premiums Channels:
A La Carte and Add-ons:
New England Sports Net $0.00
CSN New England $0.00
Service Plan (15/0) $6.00
SportsNet New York $0.00
HD & Platinum $10.00

What am I to do this month or next month for the free HD for life?

2. Considering we are all getting locked in for 2 years and HD for life, does this mean that if we do not commit then we can soon see HD channels uploaded that will not be available to us ? Hopefully this is not the case, but I appreciate opinions/ideas about my concern.

1. If you have HD & Platinum, I would not do anything at this point. At least that is what I have decided to do. I agree that it is confusing, and I think it is mainly due to the account page. From what I read here in other threads from Dish paperwork, it appears that if you have HD & Platinum that you will be grandfathered in to HD for Life without having to do anything. If I am wrong, please someone correct me to let us know.

"What happens to an existing customer who currently subscribes to HD programming?

A customer who subscribes to HD & Platinum will automatically be enrolled in HD Free for Life with no additional requirements. This customer will automatically be enrolled in the new HD Platinum package at $10 per month as well, resulting in no price change on their bill."

I have HD + Platinum for $10 per month therefore automatically qualifying for HD Free For Life. If I drop Platinum does that mean the $10 fee goes away without having to have a 24 month commitment, paperless billing or $99 fee?

So my bill just came out on June 2nd... one day too early. I don't want to pay for another month of Platinum. Will Dish let me get HD Free for Life and drop Platinum before the next bill comes out?

Like Scott has said (repeatedly), need to wait a billing cycle, I'll probably wait two.

Dish just doesn't have its act together, my account page has various billing options disabled now. They're probably releasing and updating their billing systems to accommodate all the various use cases for customer programming ;)

I doubt that the customer contact team at Dish is even close to a semblance of a clue relating to what HD offering combination is legit at this point :D :D

What happens to an existing customer who currently subscribes to HD programming?

A customer who subscribes to HD & Platinum will automatically be enrolled in HD Free for Life with no additional requirements. This customer will automatically be enrolled in the new HD Platinum package at $10 per month as well, resulting in no price change on their bill.

This makes this whole thing pointless then.

I had HD & Platinum for $10 and I just checked and now it shows HD 120 Free 0.00 and HD Plat 10.00

Thanks for the heads up! It is now on mine as well! Thanks SatelliteGuys for being right once again ahead of time! :) I suppose that I will have to edit my sig with the HD & Platinum part!

DISH Network has sent out their retailers a FAQ on all that channges that go into effect today. I would publish the entire document, but it includes some dealer sensitive information... so instead I will just repost some of the FAQ's of interest to our members.

This information is just another reason why we are America's Satellite Information Source!

Thanks for being SatelliteGuys!

What is HD Free for Life?

• HD Free for Life is an offer from DISH Network allowing any customers who meet
the requirements listed below to receive HD add-on programming for free for
the life of the account!
• Customers who are willing to take a 24-month commitment and sign up for
AutoPay and Paperless billing are going to receive HD Free for Life!
• Customers who do not want to take a 24-month commitment or sign up for
Autopay and Paperless billing can pay a one-time $99 HD Upgrade Fee

What is HD add-on?

HD add-on is the HD package containing the high definition equivalent of the
standard definition channels included with a customer’s programming
package.

This package is available to customers who aren’t enrolled in HD Free for Life
for $10 per month.

What about HD Platinum?
HD Platinum gets the customer an additional 16 HD channels for only $10
per month.

Is HD Platinum available for free?

No, HD Platinum is not part of the HD Free for Life offer.
HD Platinum is essentially a premium movie package with 9 movie channels
such as Epix and Epix2, HDNet Movies, MGM HD, and Universal HD!
• HD Platinum also includes additional sports channels and special interest
content from channels like World Fishing Network.

12 of the 16 channels in HD Platinum are not offered by DirecTV.

Will a market with just 3 local networks be considered to have “local channels” or will they suddenly have all 4 local channels?

Legislation has passed allowing DISH Network to import local channels that are missing from a market from an adjacent market. Therefore, local markets that are missing 1 or more of their local channels will have those imported from a near market, giving the customer a full suite of local channels. A full suite is considered to be the big 4 – ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX.

How does DISH America, an all HD package, work on standard definition televisions?

DISH Network HD receivers automatically down-convert the programming through the standard definition outputs. A customer doesn’t need to do anything to enjoy DISH America on a standard definition TV. However, customers will be required to have all HD equipment on their account to have DISH America programming.

If a customer pays the $99 HD Programming Upgrade Fee, do they have to make the 24-month commitment?

No, a customer who pays the $99 HD Programming Upgrade Fee does not have to meet any other requirements to receive HD Free for Life.

If a customer cancels AutoPay and Paperless Billing will they be charged the cancellation fee?

A customer who signed up for HD Free for Life with a 24-month commitment is subject to a $240 cancellation fee, prorated at $10 per month. The customer is also required to sign up for AutoPay and Paperless billing. All three are REQUIREMENTS for the customer to receive HD Free for Life. If a customer drops or changes the conditions on their account that allowed them to receive this offer, they may be subject to losing the special pricing or be charged the cancellation fee. A customer who paid the one-time $99 HD Programming Upgrade Fee is not subject to these requirements.

If a customer changes core programming will their HD remain Free for Life?

Yes, as long as they change to eligible core programming such as America’s Top Programming or DishLATINO Dos and Max programming.

How do existing customers add HD Free for Life?

Existing customers have 2 options to add HD Free for Life. A customer who already has HD equipment at their house but does not subscribe to HD programming can go on Satellite TV - HD Satellite Television - DISH 1.800.823.4929 and select the 24-month commitment, AutoPay and Paperless billing to receive HD Free for Life or pay the one-time, $99 HD Programming Upgrade Fee

The existing customer who doesn’t have HD equipment should call DISH Network to upgrade their equipment through DISH’n It Up. Once their equipment is received, they can then go to Satellite TV - HD Satellite Television - DISH 1.800.823.4929 and select the 24-month commitment, AutoPay, and Paperless billing or pay the one-time, $99 Programming Upgrade Fee.

What happens to an existing customer who currently subscribes to HD programming?

A customer who subscribes to HD & Platinum will automatically be enrolled in HD Free for Life with no additional requirements. This customer will automatically be enrolled in the new HD Platinum package at $10 per month as well, resulting in no price change on their bill.

A customer who subscribes to HD Bronze, Silver, or Gold (yes they still exist!) can upgrade to HD Free for Life just as an existing customer who has HD equipment, but no programming. They MUST go to Satellite TV - HD Satellite Television - DISH 1.800.823.4929 and sign up for the 24-month commitment, AutoPay, and Paperless Billing. If they do not want to go online or meet these requirements, a customer can call DISH Network and pay the one-time $99 HD Upgrade Fee.

One question needs to be asked, What about those who are bundled with the phone company?? Are we eligible??

As always I'm confused with these changes Dish is putting out. I have HD Absolute so I'm not touching anything with my account. Glad I'm out of contract now so I have options if they ever decide to pull HD Absolute. But anyways....

I have a buddy that ordered Dish a few months ago for just SD channels. They set him up on WA with VIP equipment and a Dish1000. So he's ready to go, he gets the HD locals, and free previews in HD. I've been telling him to get the HD addon for quite a while now. Now that this change has occurred can he basically re-up his contract, go to auto-pay and pay $100 up front and get HD for life? This won't get him the platinum channels right? He'd have to pay the $100 up front and the $10 for platinum a month? What if he doesn't want to pay $100 up front will it still cost him $10 for HD and he won't get platinum either? If so, I guess it seems he missed the boat as I thought before you could pay $10 and get HD addon and platinum. But of course I could be wrong as I've stopped trying to keep up with Dish's billing plans.

What package does he have now DIGI?

I'm not sure exactly but from remembering the channels he does and doesn't have it is the AT120 package. He does have a few Spanish channels for his wife too. I'm guessing that is an addon? None of his other channels show in HD, like Fox news, Discovery, etc..all SD except for the locals and free preview ones that rotate in and out.

As always I'm confused with these changes Dish is putting out.

This won't get him the platinum channels right? He'd have to pay the $100 up front and the $10 for platinum a month? What if he doesn't want to pay $100 up front will it still cost him $10 for HD and he won't get platinum either?

Think of Platinum as just another movie channel add-on, like HBO or Showtime. Like these other add-on packages, there is a separate fee for it.

There is no connection (now) between HD and Platinum - other than the Platinum channels are all HD. There are no SD versions of these channels, though an HD capable receiver can convert them to SD if you don't have an HD display.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)