DISH Network June 3rd FAQ's

For $99 it almost seems worth it for him Digiblur. And then he gets the HD channels hes not getting today forever... and since he is a new customer sounds like he will be with them for a long time. :)

For $99 it almost seems worth it for him Digiblur. And then he gets the HD channels hes not getting today forever... and since he is a new customer sounds like he will be with them for a long time. :)

And he would have to do auto-pay and paperless billing right? and wouldn't get the platinum channels unless he paid $10 more?

Just did an onlnie chat with billing. was hd + platinum. account was converted by them to hd for life + platinum $10.00 charge for platinum. was advised by two different chat csr's that I was in no programing commitment effective with the account conversion. just an fyi

Hey guys,

I have read everything and I am sorry to say I am really confused. I am currently under no contract and just paying month to month. I checked my account and it says "HD for Life" active.

I am ready to sign a new agreement and maybe upgrade to the 922 at the same time. Here is what my bill looks like now.

Detailed Activity

Monthly Charges
Jun 07 - Jul 06 America's Top 200 With Locals 52.99
DVR Service 6.00
HD & Platinum 10.00
Taxes
State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) -0.44

Total 68.55

Can anyone offer a suggestion and how to get the best deal or should I just stay with what I have. I want to use the opportunity to sign a new 24 month agreement and get the most promotions I can.

thanks, I really appreciate the help.

Just did an onlnie chat with billing. was hd + platinum. account was converted by them to hd for life + platinum $10.00 charge for platinum. was advised by two different chat csr's that I was in no programing commitment effective with the account conversion. just an fyi
It would have converted itself automatically in a day or two, if not already.

confirmed!!!! i was grandfathered into free hd.
just called dish and lowered my bill by $10 by cancelling platinum. and i am an employee, so no we are not exempt as was the rumor.

Working fine here

I subscribed to HD & Plat. last week, and was enrolled in the promo. I removed platinum online and now have free HD! Just paid the $5 fee and now everything is set.

:)

Attachments

• dish.jpg
    dish.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 199
Yeah Bundled AT&T worked for me

One question needs to be asked, What about those who are bundled with the phone company?? Are we eligible??

I'm an AT&T bundled customer with HD Platinum and I was upgraded automatically. The catch is that the website has a bug in it where it still thinks you need to either commit for 24 months or pay $99 even though you were automatically upgraded.

I of course paid the money without knowing about my auto upgrade. After finding this forum, I called Dish and had them refund the charge. It took me three different CSRs to finally get one who confirmed that I had been auto upgraded. They have to look somewhere in the full history to see it, some detailed history screen not just the main one that they look at. If you're persistent you can get them to confirm the auto-upgrade and won't have to go through the pain of getting a refund.

I'm an AT&T bundled customer with HD Platinum and I was upgraded automatically. The catch is that the website has a bug in it where it still thinks you need to either commit for 24 months or pay $99 even though you were automatically upgraded.

I of course paid the money without knowing about my auto upgrade. After finding this forum, I called Dish and had them refund the charge. It took me three different CSRs to finally get one who confirmed that I had been auto upgraded. They have to look somewhere in the full history to see it, some detailed history screen not just the main one that they look at. If you're persistent you can get them to confirm the auto-upgrade and won't have to go through the pain of getting a refund.

I have never heard of Dish giving a refund. They will credit your account, but they have never sent me money.

No more confusion; just logged into my account and saw this message without doing anything. Guess I was grandfathered in:

HD For Life is already activated on your account.

Really Dissapointing

What happens to an existing customer who currently subscribes to HD programming?

A customer who subscribes to HD & Platinum will automatically be enrolled in HD Free for Life with no additional requirements. This customer will automatically be enrolled in the new HD Platinum package at $10 per month as well, resulting in no price change on their bill.

A customer who subscribes to HD Bronze, Silver, or Gold (yes they still exist!) can upgrade to HD Free for Life just as an existing customer who has HD equipment, but no programming. They MUST go to Satellite TV - HD Satellite Television - DISH 1.800.823.4929 and sign up for the 24-month commitment, AutoPay, and Paperless Billing. If they do not want to go online or meet these requirements, a customer can call DISH Network and pay the one-time $99 HD Upgrade Fee.[/QUOTE]

Ok this really ticks me off. I don't get to this forum or this website that often. Shame on me :eek: Well this morning I get done talking to my wife and we decide to go with the Dish America Gold to try to save some money with from the higher costing America's Top 250 that we currently belong to. So I call the rep and tell her I want the Dish America Gold along with Platinum. She says no problem; she tells me my monthly bill which makes sense and I am happy with that. Well 20 minutes later I still have no platinum. So I call and they inform me that you cannot to this. So I said well put me back to the Americas Top200 then with HD and platinum. That is when I found out about all this garbage. So now I am stuck with what I have unless I pay the 99 dollar fee or commit again. Not gonna happen. If I would have left everything alone I would have been ok. I shouldnt have to scour the satelliteguys.us website to find all of this out. I am really looking at some other options at this point. I might have to give Direct a call. This is not a bashing clinic or a feel bad for me session. I am just not real happy about this.

Hey guys,

I have read everything and I am sorry to say I am really confused. I am currently under no contract and just paying month to month. I checked my account and it says "HD for Life" active.

I am ready to sign a new agreement and maybe upgrade to the 922 at the same time. Here is what my bill looks like now.

Detailed Activity

Monthly Charges
Jun 07 - Jul 06 America's Top 200 With Locals 52.99
DVR Service 6.00
HD & Platinum 10.00
Taxes
State/Local Tax (Sales/Gross Receipts) -0.44

Total 68.55

Can anyone offer a suggestion and how to get the best deal or should I just stay with what I have. I want to use the opportunity to sign a new 24 month agreement and get the most promotions I can.

thanks, I really appreciate the help.

anyone, anyone:D

anyone, anyone:D

If you've been on HD and Platinum, it should change shortly to show free HD for Life plus Platinum HD for $10. Going for a 922 will cost either $200 or $400 depending plus the commitment. I don't know what else they may offer outside of maybe some movie channel promotions. They've become a bit stingier with current sub perks for reupping.

No more confusion; just logged into my account and saw this message without doing anything. Guess I was grandfathered in:

HD For Life is already activated on your account.

Same for me, but I'm still reading post #1 (and re-reading and re-reading it) and trying to figure out what it means. Seriously, it just shouldn't be this difficult to figure out what "HD Free For Life" means...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)