DISH Network Launches (Then Removes) The Weather Cast

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The implication of the name "Weather Cast" is that they will do some forecasting. If the channel does some halfway decent forecasting, plus current weather, I'll be happy. TWC has way too many re-runs of the same storms from years ago, and when those are on you get no weather reports. But the Weather Channel is not bad when they're actually doing weather, rather than some version of the perfect storm. Having both channels will be good--maybe TWC will make more of an effort to actually do weather.

Regards,
Fitzie

I have been watching the weather cast for the last couple of days and for one thing I just can not live with that sorry music they play during the forecasts (like weather on the 8's).

Another thing is the maps seem way too small during those updates, hoping it will get better. (not to mention it not being "Live" 24/7).

Not only are the weather studio forecasts being badly repeated tonight, but their version of "weather on the 8's" are repeats as well! I'm looking at the radar on this thing and it's from hours ago!?!

It's bad enough that they are repeating the studio forecasts (NOT BEING LIVE) but the radars and warnings they play (with the music) shouldn't be that hard to keep "live"!?! :rolleyes:

Agreed. I tuned in last night to find some guy blathering about storms in the Southeast. Turns out the radar information he was referencing was at least two hours old when compared to current Nexrad data on a couple of web-based weather sites.

Taped weather updates aren't going to cut it...longer-term forecasts are a different story, but to portray "real time" using hours-old radar feeds-- unacceptable.

The Weather Cast is a weather solution that provides weather-related programming 24 hour a day, 7 days a week. The best part is that you can still watch similar shows on other channels that may be offered in your programming package. You can catch Al Roker on MSNBC or NBC every morning, and Storm Chasers is available on the Discovery Channel.

Additional Weather Sources:

Local Weather*

ABC

NBC

CBS

FOX

National Weather

CNN

MSNBC

FOX NEWS

Weather Websites

AccuWeather.com

National and Local Weather Forecast, Hurricane, Radar and Report

Weather and forecast information on WeatherBug.com

Weather forecast, maps, news, alerts, and video on Yahoo! Weather

Weather-Related Programming Options:

Weather Channel Program

Recommended Replacement

TWC: Wake Up with Al - Wake Up With Al runs from 6-7am ET. A reprise broadcast airs from 10-11am containing live weather updates from Stephanie Abrams mixed with recorded segments from the original broadcast.

MSNBC & NBC: Today Show - Al Roker has been the weather and feature reporter on NBC News’ TODAY Show since 1996.* Al Roker is still featured on the TODAY Show.

Channel 209

TWC: Storm Stories - *Showcases various types of severe weather, such as tornadoes, hurricanes, and blizzards. Each episode features a famous severe storm and had survivors sharing their experience during the storm.

Discovery Channel: Storm Chasers - Features several teams of storm chasers as they attempt to intercept tornadoes in Tornado Alley in the United States.

Channel 182

TWC: Cantore Stories - Featuring Storm Tracker Jim Cantore, this thrilling documentary series explores the regions most unique and extreme weather locations.

Discovery Channel: Deadliest Catch - The series documents the events aboard fishing boats in the Bering Sea during the Alaskan king crab and Opilio crab fishing seasons.

Channel 182

TWC: When Weather Changed History: Unveils the most powerful moments in history and the remarkable role played by Mother Nature.

History Channel: Ice Road Truckers: Features truckers who face severe cold, volatile weather and some of the world’s most dangerous roads.

Channel 120 *

When did Charlie get an alias name here on SatGuys??? Sounds like PR Dept for Dish wrote his script too:rant:

No, I'm not Charlie. I just copied and pasted the dishnetwork.com/weather page and accidentally hit Send before I could modify it or add an explanation, and I haven't been on a computer since (so editing would be a PITA). Sorry about any confusion!

I find it funny that people complain that WestherCast isn't 24/7 like TWC. TWC hasn't been 24-7 in ages! From 1am to 6am eastern they are mostly rerun-weather reports. I found this out when i was tracking HUGO as it devastated PR and followed it to Charleston. The overnight reports were reruns from 4 or 5 hours earlier. If you pay close attention you will see that TWC "live" weather reports at 2am eastern are eerily the same as the 11pm eastern ones. :)

I find it funny that people complain that WestherCast isn't 24/7 like TWC. TWC hasn't been 24-7 in ages! From 1am to 6am eastern they are mostly rerun-weather reports. I found this out when i was tracking HUGO as it devastated PR and followed it to Charleston. The overnight reports were reruns from 4 or 5 hours earlier. If you pay close attention you will see that TWC "live" weather reports at 2am eastern are eerily the same as the 11pm eastern ones. :)

Well at least be live at 8pm at night! lol

hmmm

The Weather Cast
8101 East Prentice Avenue, Suite 700
Greenwood Village, CO 80111

Hey, that's in the Tech Center!! Probably about 15 min. driving time from my place. I know exactly where this is as I worked in a building right next to it in 2001-02.

That's 4.7 miles away from

Echostar Corp
100 Inverness Terrace East
Englewood, CO 80112

There are lots of businesses in the Denver metro area.

Yeah, Echostar, Starz, and Liberty Media, all within a mile of each other. Starz and Liberty Media on one side of the highway and Echostar on the other.

i feel bad for the diehard The Weather Channel fans, i wonder how many Dish Customers will drop Dish for DirecTV or Cable just for The Weather Channel.

over/under for how long until DirecTV releases a press release saying they are the only satellite provider to still carry The Weather Channel.

I will switch to FiOS with a flick of a button on my Pioneer remote, which switches component video to the Verizon, soon to be Frontier FiOS. And tune to channel 49 [or 463] for my local forecast or I can use my WeatherBug widget to get an accurate read.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)