DISH Network Launches (Then Removes) The Weather Cast

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have this in both SD and HD. Interactive not working on HD version like others said, but I've never seen an HD channel with interactive working. TWC also only ever had the interactive button on the SD channel.

Well I have the channel on 213 in SD and HD the HD channel looks good so far. I think this will be a good replacement for the Weather Channel.

The Weather Chanel should be called "The Commercial Ch with weather". I realize the name of the game is profit, but the founder of TWC has noted the problems that this service has created. QVC has fewer ads than TWC!

:up:up:up:up:up:up:up:up And if you watch in HD the pic size is about half when they put in all the extra crap all around it, I don't need to know it's raining in Utah, Iowa, etc....

Well, I am one of those weather geeks who enjoys the Weather Channel programming. So, it will be back to D* for me, as soon as my contract expires. Oh well, I'm sure D* will be happy to give me some new promotional rates.

Ed

So if TWC goes away and stays away, where are we going to go for near full time coverage of hurricanes hitting the coast? I don't think anyone covers disasters in action as much as TWC. Internet is not the same. Yes, there is an endless interest in seeing mobile homes roll, roofs blow off, etc - if it's headed your way.

More than likely the Weather Channel will be back. I bet this is just Charles playing hardball. Kind of like the Lifetime debacle.

And oh yes - who outside of Dish will get Weather Cast? Pause. Pause. Waiting.

I have family near New Orleans. You can imagine. Certainly adds shared experience to get a call to turn on the Weather Channel, which (I thought) most everyone had available to them. I'm not "weather involved" - until it's heading toward me or my family!

I know TWC has been having profitability problems. And I certainly don't believe in paying whatever is asked. But I dearly hope this is a negotiating ploy. But I fear Charlie sees this as a good example to make, a low cost sacrificial lamb to demonstrate to other providers that there are limits.

Oh no.

I just flipped over to this channel and who do I see? Paul Douglas, or as he is known in these parts, the Weather Terrorist.

He used to be the local "goof on the roof" at WCCO before he left to start his own weather media company, but not before striking fear and terror in the minds of all that hung on his every word at 6pm and 10pm. He could make a slight rain sprinkle sound like a Category 5 hurricane.

Jim Cantore does seem to be one of the survivors. Ever notice how many people TWC seems to go thru? I've always figured it was like MicroSoft - work there a few years for your resume' and move on to greener pastures, like Podunk city weatherman/woman.

And one more blond in a red dress and I'm calling "cloning." ;)

Oh no.

I just flipped over to this channel and who do I see? Paul Douglas, or as he is known in these parts, the Weather Terrorist.

He used to be the local "goof on the roof" at WCCO before he left to start his own weather media company, but not before striking fear and terror in the minds of all that hung on his every word at 6pm and 10pm. He could make a slight rain sprinkle sound like a Category 5 hurricane.

So there's hope for this channel after all? ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.