DISH Network Launches (Then Removes) The Weather Cast

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am thinking we were pawns in a classic battle between Dish and Universal NBC.

Either that or Dish engineers are messing with us right now, by putting TWC back on. Since when I turned it on an hour ago, it had the new channel on it; but now TWC is back on.

I hope it gets better.
"It's cheesy," a quote from my wife.
"Dad, it's like when you had tv" from my 14 year old son.
!protest

I hope it stays, I don't mind seeing another "weather" type channel but I don't want to lose TWC!! So I got on chat and this is the logs:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(****) ********: Hi *****! How are you today?
***********: Well not so good... I've been told my package is increasing $2 my 2 premium channels HBO/Starz are causing a increase of another $2 and yet I hear today one of my fav channels - The Weather Channel 214 is getting removed. I think something has to give here....
(****) ********: I apologize for any inconvenience.
(****) ********: We have been notified about the Weather channel however we are making every effort to make sure that we can still offer this channel.
*************: Sounds good.. I'd hate to lose this channel, its very informative/ been using it for years to get information
(****) ********: I understand your point and we will make sure that you can continue to get the channel that you watch the most.
*************: Ok thanks, so be sure to put me down as one of I'm sure many that are wanting to keep this channel on the package line up!
(****) ********: I will and we apologize for any inconvenience about this.
*************: Have a good night!
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

I removed names and stuff just cause..

I'll miss TWC, but not all the crap that comes with it. If I want to see current weather, I turn to TWC and see some sort of movie I can get on one of the other 89 channels that play movies. So far, I like the new channel. Nice full screen HD and great graphics I haven't seen on TWC. A cute blond, too.:up
Haven't had TWC programmed in my guide in a long time. Now that they show movies, perhaps I should put it back in the guide. Now it may be worth watching? :D

I'm still seeing both channels, 213 for Weathercast, 214 for TWC. Since they moved NASA, Don't you think they would keep both if they do/have come to an agreement with NBC?

Now Dish needs to create a channel that covers a broad range of news from all over the globe. HLN stopped being good a long time ago and HDNews was very shallow (although pretty to look at). I want to tune in at anytime, watch for a bit, and get caught up on things without hearing the liberals screaming on one channel and the conservatives screaming on the other channel. ;) Whatever happened to just reporting the news? :rolleyes:
Sounds like you're describing BBC World News. I've been asking for that one for years.

I'm still seeing both channels, 213 for Weathercast, 214 for TWC. Since they moved NASA, Don't you think they would keep both if they do/have come to an agreement with NBC?

I think they would keep both; and a few hours ago TWC was showing the new Weather Cast; sometime tonight they switched it back...so I am thinking they came to an agreement. Fingers crossed.

I found one still image from the KNTV Bay Area weather to give you the feel:

0.jpg

Like Google Earth, the weather person can swivel the image over to different cities, and zoom into specific areas...
That is the same graphic design our local NBC stations uses on their weather maps as well.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Weather.png
    Weather.png
    253.6 KB · Views: 442
If it goes, or goes away again, this would be a big loss, even if the new channel is as good or even better. Brand recognition is big, and The Weather Channel is a big name channel that the average sub will want, even if they do not watch it often.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)