DISH NETWORK PRESENTS OWN: OPRAH WINFREY NETWORK

I don't think OWN is geared toward the average reader of this site. Plus, it's not in HD. What's the point of adding a new channel in standard def. only? Makes no sense to me!

The problem is that the TV industry still is thinking that SD is still the norm. It's like they don't get that HD is the way all programs/stations should be produce. Maybe it's a money thing, that they don't want to invest in making a program/station in HD till it proves itself. I'm not sure, but I just feel it's the mind set out there that HD doesn't really matter to viewers. I know I get upset every time I watch 60 minutes on CBS in HD, but then, when the Amazing Race comes on, it's in SD! Instead of showing all the cool places the teams go to in HD, we get to see India, China, and other places in SD, but hey, at least we got to see Andy Rooney & Morley Safer in HD!

Ghpr13:)

Mmmmm, millions of people watch Oprah in HD daily on the Oprah Show. You may be a minority.

Agreed. If they are going to add the channel, show it in HD. We are 11 years into the new millennium, enough with the SD channels already. Then again, Dish can't even get back the HD channels they lost last year, like the Disney ones....

Just like with any other channel in HD there will be some diehard fans, and most subscribers will not watch it regularly. There are not many channels (outside of Locals) that a majority of people watch. There are just large groups of people that watch each channel, but not half the subs.

Thats a 1 hour show.

Millions of people watch 1 hour shows, Doesn't mean they need a whole channel devoted to them.

What Next Jerry Springer Network, Judge Judy Network!

You do know that it's not just her show 24 hours a day, right? Looking a the guide, they actually show other things, some actually look sorta interesting...

I have sneaking suspicion that you will see OWN in HD within 2 weeks... ;)

Certainly before we see the Disney stuff again. I suspect you are right, but wish they would have just launched it from the start. There is no reason for the delay. I know my wife would like this channel in HD.

From what I've read, only D* and Uverse have assigned an HD Channel for OWN, but it is still only up converted SD. Can not attest to the accuracy.

I can assure you D* doesnt carry it in HD. Just checked. Channel is labeled OWN whereas the HD chanenls are labelled (their channel name)HD and is on satellite 101 (HD would be on 99 or 103)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)