Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK® BRINGS HIGH-DEFINITION NBA HOOPS TO NATION’S LARGEST HD LINEUP

Englewood, Colo. – Oct. 30, 2007 – DISH Network®, home of the best sports and movies in high definition (HD) as well as the best HD DVR in the industry, announced today that NBA TV is now included in DISH Network’s industry-leading national lineup of HD programming. With 75 channels, DISH Network’s continues to offer more national HD programming than any pay-TV provider in the United States.

“Bringing NBA TV HD to the home of the best sports and movies in HD is a natural move for DISH Network and a slam dunk for hoops fans,” said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “Pairing DISH Network’s amazing picture quality with the best HD DVR anywhere will make watching all the action from home nearly every bit as exciting as going to the game.”

NBA TV is a hoop fan's dream and the ultimate source for all things basketball, featuring live NBA games every week, basketball news and information, exclusive interviews with the game's greatest stars and legends, and original series spotlighting today's players and coaches as well as the most memorable moments in the NBA's history. NBA TV will offer its first HD games of the 2007-08 season on Sunday, Nov. 4.

“We are thrilled to team up with DISH Network to provide their subscribers with the opportunity to experience the powerful combination of NBA basketball and high-definition through NBA TV in HD,” said NBA Deputy Commissioner and Chief Operating Officer Adam Silver.

Subscribers to America’s Top 100 package with DishHD will receive NBA TV HD free on Channel 402. DishHD is available free for six months to new customers, and new DISH Network subscribers may also receive a free upgrade to the company’s industry-leading and award-winning HD DVR receivers. Through Jan. 31, 2008, both current and new qualifying DISH Network DishHD customers may also enjoy up to $800 of instant savings on a variety of Sharp’s most popular line of flat panel HDTVs.

For more information about DISH Network, DishHD or NBA TV HD, call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), visit DISH Network -- Home or contact your local retailer.

# # #

About EchoStar Communications Corporation

EchoStar Communications Corporation (Nasdaq: DISH) has been a leader for more than 27 years in satellite TV equipment sales and support worldwide. The Company’s DISH Network® is the fastest-growing pay-TV provider in the country since 2000, providing more than 13.585 million satellite TV customers with industry-leading customer satisfaction which has surpassed major cable companies for seven years running. DISH Network customers also enjoy access to a premier line of award-winning Digital Video Recorders (DVRs), hundreds of video and audio channels, the most International channels in the U.S., industry-leading Interactive TV applications, Latino programming, and the best sports and movies in HD. DISH Network offers a variety of package and price options including the lowest all-digital price in America, the DishDVR Advantage Package, high-speed Internet service, a free upgrade to the best HD DVR in the industry, and six months free of DishHD. EchoStar is included in the Nasdaq-100 Index (NDX) and is a Fortune 300 company. Visit EchoStar Communications Corporation or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474) for more information.

About NBA TV

Launched in 1999, NBA TV is a fan's all-access network for everything basketball. The network offers over 400 games annually including more than 100 NBA regular season and playoff games, WNBA action, D-League competition, weekly Euroleague Games, and major international events like the FIBA Americas Championship. The network, which can be seen in 73 countries, features more than 20 original series; exclusive access to NBA events; news from around the world of basketball; nightly highlights; Top 10 Plays of the Day; interviews with the game's insiders, including current stars and legends; and exciting new technology such as High Definition. In addition, NBA TV offers real-time statistics, the latest fantasy basketball and video game news, and Video-On-Demand.

Does DISH offer a WWE-HD package like this? If I wanted to watch melodrama disguised as sport, I think I would prefer that as the actors are a wee bit better. :down

Ted

Yes! I definately watch the NBA. I'd rather watch something at a faster pace... instead of something so slow.. like MLB ...... I get tired so easily watching Baseball.

Great News

WOW this is great news I just last week got the Sports pkg at 5.99 a month.
For NBATV HD.
I just emailed them to take that off wont need it since i have Top 100 plus Dish HD.

thanks

I respect that many folks can debate and disagree which channels are worth adding and which ones aren't so here is my 2 cents: NBA HD isn't worth it; bring on more National HD channels before everyone on the Ark jumps overboard and heads to DircTV! :D

I respect that many folks can debate and disagree which channels are worth adding and which ones aren't so here is my 2 cents: NBA HD isn't worth it; bring on more National HD channels before everyone on the Ark jumps overboard and heads to DircTV! :D
There is not much "HD" on those national channels

There is not much "HD" on those national channels

Please keep on saying this. Seriously. Every time the Dish Network folks make the observation that there is no real HD on the DirecTV HD channels more magically appears. FX HD is upconverts no more. ;)

I disagree. If you are a big NBA fan this is a great channel to have in HD. At least they show some HD. They show more than NFL Network HD for sure. If you are not a NBA fan then I understand you're point. DISH needs more sports in HD so D* does not kill them in that area. Sports in HD is big and really drives a lot of people to watch HD. It is an important channel, in my opinion.

With all the newly added HD channels, I see a big rate increase coming just around the corner. This can all be avoided by E* getting rid of their $20 DishHD package since HD is no longer a premium services IMO...just place the HD channels in the appropriate AT100/200/250 pack and raise the rates modestly for all. Everyone now has access to HD...they just need a HD receiver. The days are numbered for DishHD!

As for NBATV..please, please, please make this channel a la carte vice AT100...;)

I disagree. If you are a big NBA fan this is a great channel to have in HD. At least they show some HD. They show more than NFL Network HD for sure. If you are not a NBA fan then I understand you're point. DISH needs more sports in HD so D* does not kill them in that area. Sports in HD is big and really drives a lot of people to watch HD. It is an important channel, in my opinion.

I agree that "Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder" so I guess the question is in what order channels should be added. Bring on the debate!:D

With all the newly added HD channels, I see a big rate increase coming just around the corner. This can all be avoided by E* getting rid of their $20 DishHD package since HD is no longer a premium services IMO...just place the HD channels in the appropriate AT100/200/250 pack and raise the rates modestly for all. Everyone now has access to HD...they just need a HD receiver. The days are numbered for DishHD!

As for NBATV..please, please, please make this channel a la carte vice AT100...;)

I agree with you. i was just thinking about that this morning before work. Why is HD it's own seperate package? Eventually they just need to include it in the packages as you said and raise our rates a bit. Which in my opinion, should lower our rates. I dont think they should raise each package $20. :up

I think we also need to keep in mind that it was SPORTS that drove the HD craze in the first place, not tv shows. I think it is safe to say that without sports promoting and pushing HD, we would be far behind where we are right now. I never watch science fiction movies, and would rarely watch sci-fi hd, but I would never suggest that Dish not add it to make more room for other channels. More HD channels of any kind is good!!

Isn't that pretty much what they are doing anyways?...if you had the sd channel, you get the hd version...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)