Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK® INTRODUCES DISCOVERY KIDS EN ESPAÑOL AND DISCOVERY FAMILIA

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. and SILVER SPRING, Md. - DISH Network L.L.C., the fastest-growing pay-TV provider in America, today launched Discovery Kids en Español and Discovery Familia.

The popular Spanish-language networks offer award-winning, family-oriented programming designed to enhance and enrich the lives of children and parents. Discovery Kids en Español provides a safe haven for young audiences and a useful tool for teaching Spanish at an early age. Content encourages preschoolers’ thirst for knowledge with fun and educational programming including “Harry y su Cubeta de Dinosaurios,” “Milly Molly” and “Poko,” which take children by the hand into brave new worlds of exploration and discovery. Discovery Familia features entertaining and poignant shows about parenting, natural history, home, cooking and travel such as “Dulces Sueños,” “Chef a Domicilio” and “Espacio Vital.”

“We are pleased to offer our Latino customers two of the most sought-after Spanish-language channels in the U.S.,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. “DISH Network is proud to be the go-to TV provider for the widest variety of top-rated Spanish-language programming at the absolute best price in the industry.”

“The launch of Discovery Kids en Español and Discovery Familia into DISH Network’s DishLATINO suite of packages responds to an increasing demand for high quality, family-friendly, Spanish-language television,” said Luis Silberwasser, senior vice president and general manager for Discovery Networks U.S. Hispanic Group. “The networks showcase a great mix of originals and content from around the world that provides viewers with a clean and uplifting environment where learning and entertainment are paramount.”

Discovery Kids en Español broadcasts from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. ET and Discovery Familia airs after 9 p.m. ET, both on Ch. 853. They are available in DISH Network’s DishLATINO Clásico packages and higher. For more information on how to subscribe to any of DISH Network's Spanish-language programming packages, visit DISH LATINO or call 1-888-641-3052.

WTF really cares! How about adding some english channels that everyone can understand

Wow I wouldn't of expected that from you been a staff member, been that I am Latino and many members from here are TOO and do SUB to Spanish packages.

Your comments are truly wrong to say the least.

Wow I wouldn't of expected that from you been a staff member, been that I am Latino and many members from here are TOO and do SUB to Spanish packages.

Your comments are truly wrong to say the least.
I actually was shocked when I read the comment. I was like :eek:.

A spanish channel is what made me get Dish Network. It was all thanks to Telehit.

Last edited:
What really surprises me is that not one staff member has made any comments on this issue that is completely racist towards minorities, or shall we say LATINO members.

He's allowed to have an opinion.. just like you are.. though it was not wise to blurt out something so offensive, I doubt he meant it in such a way.. I would assume it was meant more in a "what the heck dish, add some new channels everyone can get"..

I was surprised he said it also, but, who cares what he said. Not a big enough issue to argue over. I could care less about these channels too but I do think it is newsworthy to post any new channels Dish adds. Keep the new channels coming Dish. The Latino market deserves more variety too.

What really surprises me is that not one staff member has made any comments on this issue that is completely racist towards minorities, or shall we say LATINO members.

I agree. Anyone who thinks this is in any way acceptable deserves to get schooled on the subject.

In addition, any business person who would post such an offensive remark in a public forum probably thinks it is the norm to make such mean spirited comments.

Last edited:
Dang Claude, couldn't sleep last night or something else bugging you?

I know I was happy about DISH making MUN2 available in the English language pack. :)

WTF really cares! How about adding some english channels that everyone can understand

No te preocupes, Dish has already done this, they have compressed the hell out of any and all ethnic programming, Latino @ 110 and remaining internationals @ 61.5 at the expense of the never ending quest to fulfill the insatiable appetite for American HD

I am sure Dish feels the same as him and quality wise justifies no more than 2.5 mbps to the new "ethnic" SD channel to compete with directv which has had the DFAM espanol channel for awhile now on ch 436 @ 119 directv.

Just amazing how dish thinks that someone should expect to pay $20 per channel per month (a premium price) for an international that they destroyed the 1st gen signal and compressed it down to 2 mbps on 61.5 when it is received by dish at 12mbps. I am talking about TV Globo 596 @ 61.5. So you already got your due in the form of new HD at the expense of compressing the "deadbeat" channels as some like to affectionately call them.

Last edited:
I dont know I think the ethnic channels bring in a lot of money to DISH Network. Some of the channels are $20 or MORE just for one channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)