Dish Network Set Up in RV

DUCKWING

Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
North East Mississippi
I am in the process of installing a Dish receiver in our motor home. I am using the manual point antenna that came with the RV. The Dish person told me which receiver to purchase (I did) and advised that I could go through the set up procedure then check channel 101 to verify functionality. The process goes well until I get to step 4 (receiver activation). Screen says since I don't have a phone line connected, I need to call the 800 number to have the receiver activated. When I did so, this person says they wont activate the receiver unless I sign up for service. Is that fact or do I need to call Tech Service?

You need to have an already active account in your name to activate this new receiver onto. If you dont currently pay for (subscribe to) dish, then you do need to set up an account.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

Think of it as activating a receiver actually means Dish downloads whatever programming you have signed up for. If you are not paying Dish, there is no reason to or will they do anything. Figure out what programming you want by looking at their website for packages. They even have very inexpesive packages that include the local channels if you don't want the discounts.

You have gone as far as you can without subscribing, but it sounds like you are all set to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)