DISH Network Sues the FCC

Where did get that idea?

we should suing dish for making us pay to use sats that our fathers and grandfathers paid for with their taxes

So where do you get the idea that they paid for the sats? If you are talking about sats from the government none of these are funded by them. These are private use sats.

you may be right so tell me where's dish launching pad at i guess nasa takes the day off so dish can come in and set up their rocket and lets them use the shuttle to go do repairs the government has put in billions of dollars in this just to make dish possible if not for tax dollars the sats and dish would have never been
many of the sats have been up there before dish was ever thought of
did dish invent space travel no
did dish invent the rocket or shuttle no
did dish invent satellite no
the tax payer payed for nasa to do this

this is the same as you pay to invent something you pay to have it made i use it to make me rich and never giving anything back to you unless you pay me
just dont sound right to me but i may be wrong

Last edited:
As wrong as the spelling.
Sputnik, Bell Canada, Western Union and Comsat just to name a few that also paid for the launch, launch vehicle and rent for the facilities.
;)

Last edited:
gleno said:
this is the same as you pay to invent something you pay to have it made i use it to make me rich and never giving anything back to you unless you pay me
just dont sound right to me but i may be wrong

What? I'm guessing that you are either 1) a troll 2) an idiot 3) both. The third option is most likely. You literally have no clue

you may be right so tell me where's dish launching pad at i guess nasa takes the day off so dish can come in and set up their rocket and lets them use the shuttle to go do repairs the government has put in billions of dollars in this just to make dish possible if not for tax dollars the sats and dish would have never been
many of the sats have been up there before dish was ever thought of
did dish invent space travel no
did dish invent the rocket or shuttle no
did dish invent satellite no
the tax payer payed for nasa to do this

Dish used a Russian rocket and launch pad (and paid many millions of dollars to do so). And I seem to remember that Russia was the first to get a satellite in orbit. The Germans developed most the modern rocket technology in the V2 program. Dish uses geosynchronous satellites, the space shuttle does not have the ability to even get close to this orbit to even think about repairing them.

You would have a better argument that the tax payers built the roads that Dish employees drove to work on. Oh wait, interstate road system, idea adapted from Germany...

The FCC should not even exist to begin with.
Dodger,the quote you have on your post says it all: "Glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of reality." YEAH! Anyone who hasn't seen and felt this hasn't been in the business long or is neck-deep in denial. We need this resistance to arbitrary authority,wherever we find it. I think Young Charles is fighting the good fight on this. Dish probably assumed Feds would take twenty years to get anything done,giving them time to plan this expansion. When the holds didn't take, Dish is on the spot to provide what may be seen as superfluous programming. KEEP SWINGING CHARLIE!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts