Dish Network tuner cards possible

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

marco916

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
Sacramento
Hey guys, newbie here with Dish Network, I usually hang over with the FTA guys on Satguys.US

I was wondering since I'm setting up my Dish Network installation, is there any legit Dish Network tuner cards you can buy on the market so I can utilize it with future Win7 Media Center capabilities, I don't mind paying for an extra tuner box fee if I could watch my Dish Network programming on my PC. I thought I've seen something in the works coming up with Dish Network.

Thanks in advance
Mark
Sacramento, CA

Those were a special beta program with special Vip 211k tuners that were connected via USB to Media center. There were some threads here a few months ago but no specified release date, more of a prof of concept.

Hey guys, newbie here with Dish Network, I usually hang over with the FTA guys on Satguys.US

I was wondering since I'm setting up my Dish Network installation, is there any legit Dish Network tuner cards you can buy on the market so I can utilize it with future Win7 Media Center capabilities, I don't mind paying for an extra tuner box fee if I could watch my Dish Network programming on my PC. I thought I've seen something in the works coming up with Dish Network.

Thanks in advance
Mark
Sacramento, CA
Take a look at this: HAVA-Play Your TV Anywhere-HAVA Video Streamer; HAVA Place-Shifter; HAVA Mobile TV

I have one of these hooked up to my 622 in single mode using the component output of the 622 and the IR remote set to channel one. It works a virrtural tuner in both my XP and Vista(64 bit) media center lap tops. It produces outstanding quality recordings and streams HD on my local network using the HAVA player or media center.

Several words of warning: HAVA support is not very good you are petty much on your own - good news works great support not generally needed. To use a media center tuner in any 64 bit OS you need a media center IR remote connected to the PC or it will not work. For 32 bit OS they have a virtural versions but not 64 bit .

You also get the ability to view you tuner over the internet. You can usually find the Platinum HD version for about $79 on Buy.com and orher sources.

They showed off the Proof of Concept of Dish via Windows Media Center earlier this month at CEDIA, however I am told that this project has been shelved and will probably never been released to consumers.

I'm not sure what the hold up is, it defiantly couldn't be a technology issue, has to be political with Dish, or MPAA, FCC one of those organizations. Media reports out of CEDIA show indicated they have loosen up on cable-card technology. Microsoft is ready, when Microsoft is ready, that means products should start arriving soon, I'll keep my eyes open for 2010.

They showed off the Proof of Concept of Dish via Windows Media Center earlier this month at CEDIA, however I am told that this project has been shelved and will probably never been released to consumers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)