DISH Network vs. SportsTime Ohio

Sports Time Ohio started as an independent channel. I think it became a Fox channel late in 2012.

I live in far NW Ohio and I am in the Detroit, Cincinnati, and Cleveland baseball market, so I get to watch the Reds and Indians. I have to subscribe to the Sports Pack to get Detroit, which I don't do. Our OTA channels are from Fort Wayne. When the Reds are on the Fox game of the week, it is rarely carried on the Toledo Fox game. They generally carry American League games due to Detroit and Cleveland being so close. Ironically, the Fort Wayne Fox channel will have the Reds game.

I hope they get the resolved by opening day. Not a big Tribe fan, but I am an avid baseball fan, so I like watching a game regardless of who is playing.

I don't remember all these disputes years ago. At least they did not advertise it. It looks very unproffesional on both parties.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Sure there was. SNY was off DISH 3 years ago. MSG 3 1/2 years ago. (Though not just for the cost of that channel) Charter dropped SNY for years till recently getting it again only because they were "forced" to when they started carrying Uconn Basketball and Football. Still does not have MSG back here.
Some others simply were paying basically whatever the RSN's asked. It has come back to bite them a little as DIRECT TV now has a surcharge in certain DMA's and has openly said they will need to add more and charge more at some point. Cable very likely is as expensive as it is partly because they really have to carry the RSN's because they are local as witnessed by Charter having no real choice but to reinstate SNY.
And just one other present example, TWC is not carrying the Padres RSN. The common theme - RSN's in general are simply too expensive and have been, some carriers are just waking up to it.

This will get resolved quickly. Fox now owns STO and has the clout to get this done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't bet on it. Using the NYC Metro RSN's as an example, once a sports channel or service is gone from Dish, it's usually gone for good.
Dish is almost 'anti sports'...Almost.

Just found out that Dish is no longer carrying Sports Time Ohio. Guess they are fighting over price. So my Browns finally get a new head coach and I can't follow all of the action (no Browns comments please ). Plus this could mean no high school tournament action and no Reds baseball.
Does anyone have any information on this.
Spacenerd

The Reds are on FOX Ohio and Fox Cincinnati. Only the Indians games are shown on STO.

BTN isn't an RSN in that sense. It's a sports network, but not just regional.

Indians opening day is fast approaching...already missing pre-season coverage. Anyone heard any news on the chance of STO and Dish resolving this?

Indians opening day is fast approaching...already missing pre-season coverage. Anyone heard any news on the chance of STO and Dish resolving this?
I was wondering the same thing. This has been going on for months now

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Hate to be a downer, but given the amount of time and that it is an RSN, it doesn't look particularly rosey. But much of the time was a down time (winter) so maybe now the talks will heat up.

Hate to be a downer, but given the amount of time and that it is an RSN, it doesn't look particularly rosey. But much of the time was a down time (winter) so maybe now the talks will heat up.
Yeah, I hope things get moving soon. This has prompted me to take a hard look at DTV for the first time after many years with Dish. :eek:

STO will return at the same time that MSG, SNY and YES return/appear on Dish. I'm in South Western NY and have no RSN right now. According to DIRT, I cant be switched to ROOT sports or NESN (either of which I would prefer), so they gave me a 6-month credit on my bill that offsets the recent AT200 price increase.

Last edited:
STO will return at the same time that MSG, SNY and YES return/appear on Dish. I'm in South Western NY and have no RSN right now. According to DIRT, I cant be switched to ROOT sports or NESN (either of which I would prefer), so they gave me a 6-month credit on my bill that offsets the recent AT200 price increase.

That's still weird....I'm in the City of Buffalo and I get ROOT sports with AT200. If you're closer to PA than I am, I can't see why you wouldn't be able to at least get ROOT.

Unless there is a huge uproar from people in the Cleveland area, I think STO is gone for good just like MSG and SNY. I still hope the Sabres will launch their own sports network and tell MSG and the Dolans to shove it where the sun don't shine.

Ohio girls' state high school championships are on STO tomorrow; boys are next week. The one time each year I watch STO and they are off due to the dispute. Bah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts