Dish Network wants to steal my receiver

I took it that the OP was upset that "cheap Dish" wouldn't upgrade his current receivers to HD receivers for free and that's why he bought them off Amazon. Maybe I was wrong.

I don't have too much of a problem with Dish charging to upgrade SD receivers to HD receivers. That is something that the customer is choosing to do.

Now, I do have a problem when they add locals channels in HD but put them on a different sat that the customer doesn't receive and wants to charge the customer to come out and set them up with the right dish(es). If you search the threads, this appears to have happened to some customers in the past and to me that's not right. Dish chose to put the channels on that sat, not the customer.

The point was not an upgrade of a receiver. I tried to upgrade the SERVICE once to receive HD (right when it came out) and they were so convoluted that I gave up.

The need to upgrade the receivers was because the old ones had problems almost every month and they always replaced with the same model refurbished. I got fed up and bought new ones.

After 8 years of leasing those receivers I more than paid for new ones so yes, they are cheap.

Now that I finally had with them due to the absurd fees they charge and tried to cancel my service they are trying to claim one of the receiver I bought is leased.

Customer service is utterly useless and aggravating but fortunately I found a an executive contact that has fixed my account. Now I can cancel it with no penalties.

8 years of grief, poor service, absurd fees and not a whole lot of value. Good riddance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)