Dish Network Wish List!

Josephinelcajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2016
San Diego CA
We are all hopping and wishing for either something new, to be change or returned. And most feel like they go unheard. Maybe just maybe they will use this too inspire the next update or new equipment.

Reactions: charlesrshell
To be honest I'm ok with the hardware I've got, with one big exception: I would love to see a return to a well thought out sensible remote control (54.x) with NO side buttons. And while they're at it, give me a hardware switch to disable the mic, nice tiny slide switch on the remote, maybe under the battery cover. Right now I'm using a model 40 but who knows how long they'll be available.

To be honest I'm ok with the hardware I've got, with one big exception: I would love to see a return to a well thought out sensible remote control (54.x) with NO side buttons. And while they're at it, give me a hardware switch to disable the mic, nice tiny slide switch on the remote, maybe under the battery cover. Right now I'm using a model 40 but who knows how long they'll be available.
The Mic is dead until you push the Mic button. It's not like a Google device, listening for you to say Hey Google

My only wish is that they would make the equipment they provided me work as advertised. Why wish for something new when the crap they have is so buggy and unreliable. New features or nice but make the ones I have work first. No where in their advertisements or promotions before I signed up did I see a disclaimer telling me I would have to reboot their equipment pretty much daily in order to use the service I am paying top dollar for. Oh by the way, I am expected to pay monthly equipment fees for the crap experience.

My only wish is that they would make the equipment they provided me work as advertised. Why wish for something new when the crap they have is so buggy and unreliable. New features or nice but make the ones I have work first. No where in their advertisements or promotions before I signed up did I see a disclaimer telling me I would have to reboot their equipment pretty much daily in order to use the service I am paying top dollar for. Oh by the way, I am expected to pay monthly equipment fees for the crap experience.
They certainly rushed it!

That's DISH way. They always release it to the market and then we struggle through all the software updates till they fix it . Then once they fix it they stop with the software updates and then retire the receiver. I can remember the 921 pvr. That receiver was cursed. I had to put it on a surge protector that I flipped the switch to reboot because it took two reboots to get through the day. One in the morning and then one before prime time shows came on ,so you would get your shows recorded. The 811 was another cursed receiver and it was just an hd receiver that didn't have dvr features. The hopper 3 has been the best receiver I have seen them come out with, but there is a high dvr fee attached to it.

That's DISH way. They always release it to the market and then we struggle through all the software updates till they fix it . Then once they fix it they stop with the software updates and then retire the receiver. I can remember the 921 pvr. That receiver was cursed. I had to put it on a surge protector that I flipped the switch to reboot because it took two reboots to get through the day. One in the morning and then one before prime time shows came on ,so you would get your shows recorded. The 811 was another cursed receiver and it was just an hd receiver that didn't have dvr features. The hopper 3 has been the best receiver I have seen them come out with, but there is a high dvr fee attached to it.
I had the 811, kept having the check switch issues, drove my wife crazy, she said that was it, went back to DirecTV because of that many years ago., when DirecTV had better Hardware.

How times have changed, now DirecTV Boxes are the Dot Matrix of the Pay TV world.

I would love if you turned on your TV it was showing something you're interested in already. Hit the record button and its recorded because it would be buffered sort of say does that make any sense? Basically, it would record whatever you're watching live back say 1 hr. max. so long as you don't change channels. Its does this live but not in standby.

Reactions: charlesrshell
i would like to see auto hop work right away and on every channel!!!
I agree auto hop was a great idea until advertising found out. It's a complete failure! Who is going to wait 7 days to skip commercials. I only watch recorded never live and have started streaming a lot more. Better picture no commercials BUT still have to wait until the next day. My grandfather had a TV that auto muted the commercials in the early 80s I am a long way off from cutting the cord, but times have changed fast.