Dish Network Wish List!

How about putting the OTA program guide info from the OTA signal into the guide!!!! Or at least map the sat national guide data to local sub channels like Comet, Heroes & Icons, Real America’s Voice…

This is the one thing making me consider cutting the cord. Crappy OTA guide data. All I have to do is cut the cord and my guide data will be awesome on AirTV or TiVo.

Reactions: TheLip
How about putting the OTA program guide info from the OTA signal into the guide!!!! Or at least map the sat national guide data to local sub channels like Comet, Heroes & Icons, Real America’s Voice…

This is the one thing making me consider cutting the cord. Crappy OTA guide data. All I have to do is cut the cord and my guide data will be awesome on AirTV or TiVo.
In my area it seems to be correct guide information

Reactions: charlesrshell
You have guide data for the subchannels I listed above? Or just the major networks? I have only major network guide data plus the PBS subchannels. Hopper 3?

Ok, now Dish is telling me that program guide data for OTA channels comes from OTA and not from the satellite. Do I have old hardware? Or are they blowing smoke up my tailpipe? Sorry for thread hijack.

EDIT: I rethreaded this here

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
Ok, now Dish is telling me that program guide data for OTA channels comes from OTA and not from the satellite. Do I have old hardware? Or are they blowing smoke up my tailpipe? Sorry for thread hijack.

EDIT: I rethreaded this here
If you press them they will tell you that the stations are the ultimate source of the data. Frankly the CSRs and even the forst line supervisors are not good sources of information.

Reactions: HipKat