DISH - Please do not release carbon UI to HWS until more stable

Disconnect the satellite cable from the receiver. You won't get the update then - guaranteed ! ;)

If the updates were carried on a transponder that you didn't watch any channels on, you could always build a filter for it...

Reactions: charlesrshell
Not ready for main street is your opinion, one which I don't share at all.
My answer to anyone with a Hopper 2 is to do what they think is in their best interest. For me it was a money saver with more features and tuners, and I have not been a bit disappointed.
What you or others do is entirely up to you.
I have had VERY few problems with my Hopper 3, actually, fewer than I did with the four HWS units that I had prior. The only thing I miss from my four HWS setup is the hard drive space, but that has been rectified by adding three 2TB external drives, which work without a hitch. I have had a small bug here and there, but nothing much at all. You have to remember the problems that are posted here come from a small subset of users, and often times they are the same ones. The Hopper 3 has been great to me so far.

I guess that I have a different point of view.
I did the force download to the new CUI some time ago. Now on both of my HWS (H2s) and am perfectly happy with it. I actually like it.
Lots of nice features. Took a bit of time to become used to it but now it is the new normal for me.

From what I read on the forums, the H3 is a different story all together. I will hold off on getting one of them suckers until they really, really settle down.

I am happy with the update as well. Except....Does nit save previous searches.

Also when choosing search during a programme the search feature does not show future airings of the show.

Yeah, Torch 77, you are probably right. Dish may have been ahead of the OP, and that he nor anyone need worry about Dish pushing out the Carbon the UI any time soon. Otherwise, we would have the Carbon UI by now. I think the OP can rest easy and not have a thing to worry about.

Bottom line, Dish isn't happy with it either.
Otherwise 204 would have been pushed to everyone's H2s.

And that isn't the case.
It's simple - Carbon UI versions were created for the Hopper 2, Hopper 3, and so on but priority was given to the Hopper 3 currently. We are not supposed to have the Carbon UI anyway. Dish made it available for one reason and that was for installations that rec'd the 4K Joey tied into a Hopper w/Sling.

It's simple - Carbon UI versions were created for the Hopper 2, Hopper 3, and so on but priority was given to the Hopper 3 currently. We are not supposed to have the Carbon UI anyway. Dish made it available for one reason and that was for installations that rec'd the 4K Joey tied into a Hopper w/Sling.
We were supposed to have this UI months and months ago on all our hoppers.
Perhaps you missed the numerous announcements and even the app provided by Dish .

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Who said it was only for the H3 ? When the new UI was announced, it was indicated it was for "the Hopper family". It was demo'd a year ago on an H2. A few months ago, Vivek repeated the "Hopper family" roll-out.

I've ALWAYS emphasized, release it when IT'S READY, not on some pre-determined date.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: ChadT41 and Tony S
Well it's done, Hopper 3 install on Sunday.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Overall I'm sure you'll like it and the benefits it brings. And you've read enough here and I assume other places, to know what little glitches might arise.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Overall I'm sure you'll like it and the benefits it brings. And you've read enough here and I assume other places, to know what little glitches might arise.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
I just want more stability, and the wife want PTA sharing back.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

The new UI will go to H2's at the very least, possibly the H1's. That said, when it is ready, is when you will see it released to them. All three machines are running different hardware that limits the capabilities of certain features, and all three have different features available(the H1 has no sling or built in wifi, the HWS has no 4k, H3 is the big daddy of it all), so I suspect different software version, plus it has to be tested on all three machines in real life situations. If it is not out, that is pretty indicative that it is being worked on. There has been ZERO indication that it has been scrapped, and if basing that off the timeline, you would be incorrect. Just remains an option when ready.

I really, really hope technicians were given the option of not working on Easter Sunday if desired (and no repercussions). Some don't celebrate it, I know, so working that day is fine for them.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk
Lots of people work Easter
"normally/including "myself.

You just take it in stride, and do your job.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I guess that I have a different point of view.
I did the force download to the new CUI some time ago. Now on both of my HWS (H2s) and am perfectly happy with it. I actually like it.
Lots of nice features. Took a bit of time to become used to it but now it is the new normal for me.

From what I read on the forums, the H3 is a different story all together. I will hold off on getting one of them suckers until they really, really settle down.
What features are new w/ it? I haven't found anything that adds to my viewing enjoyment: perhaps I am missing them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts