Dish Programming Changes (Effective August 1st)

I am trying to be nice and not be negative on Dish. Also feel the people in this forum are for the most part above average in tech intelligence. If forum members are having trouble how can regular people understand this? I read it and still can't figure out what is going on. I have the DVRAdvantage, Gold 250, Gold HD. Can't figure if I can get the HD Platinum by simply changing to it. Why does it have to be so difficult??

i have the same package and am wondering this also

Since DVRAdvantage will be no more I wonder if that means that if I elect to not change my programming to get the DishHD+Platinum on August 1st that I will lose my $3 DVRAdvantage credit.

Doesn't this company WANT to keep existing subs without raping them?

I just don't get it.
It is simple really. Charlie keeps loosing subs (while others are gaining them) so he must get more out of his existing customers to keep turning a profit. He seems to not care if he screws his customers. He did it royally to his TurboHD subs -- even leading them on with lies before pulling the rug out from under them.

So, if I read that right, existing Platinum suck... I mean subscribers can continue to pay $10/mo for these channels. But if they "elect to change their programming", then they'll get it for free? :eek:

Yeah, that part makes no sense whatsoever.

But then there's the question that they don't even address: will we who don't subscribe to Platinum get those channels for free since new subscribers will?

It is simple really. Charlie keeps loosing subs (while others are gaining them) so he must get more out of his existing customers to keep turning a profit. He seems to not care if he screws his customers. He did it royally to his TurboHD subs -- even leading them on with lies before pulling the rug out from under them.

Broken record, STL.

Is this right?

Ok, so on my bill I have:

$62.99 Classic Gold 250 with locals
$15.99 HBO
$10.00 Gold HD
$10.00 Platinum HD
$ 5.99 DHPP
$ 5.00 DuoDVR
$11.96 Dish DVR Service Fee
---------
$121.93 Total

Will it become:

$67.99 Classic Gold 250 with DVR (does this include locals too, or are they separate?)
$15.99 HBO
$10.00 HD Add on (will this be my Gold HD package AND Platinum?)
$ 5.99 DHPP
$ 5.00 DuoDVR
$11.96 Dish DVR Service Fee
---------
$116.93 Total (Pending this includes locals...may be more if locals are charged separately now.)

Is this correct?

Yeah, that part makes no sense whatsoever.

But then there's the question that they don't even address: will we who don't subscribe to Platinum get those channels for free since new subscribers will?

I'm thinking yes:
The “HD & Platinum” package will replace all of the current Classic HD add-on packages (e.g., BronzeHD, SilverHD, etc.).

Thank God

Thank God I went ahead a switched to Comcast's new deal at the end of this month. Dish is just getting too expensive for the channels I want.

Ok Am getting this right. I have turbo gold with platinum pkg. So I could change to the top 200 and for $10 more get all the platinum hd as well whatever hd channels are in the top 200 pkg.

I think that it is saying that new customers or those who change their programming will no longer be able to count HD or Gold Bonus Pack as premiums when computing their milti-premium discount.

EDIT Really confusing. I keep editing this post as I change my understanding of what Dish it "trying" to say. I'm down to one sentence.

Last edited:
I have the Dish Latino Max HD Essential. I pay 10 dollars more a month for HD. So does that mean that now i will recieve the platinum channels too?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts