Dish Programming Changes (Effective August 1st)

OK...Last post for tonight. Stephan said that he "dug a little deeper" and found out that the Free Platinum HD offer is for new and exsisting subscribers...and that it "will happen automatically" and "no phone call is necessary." When ask if I could get an email sent to me stating that, Stephan claimed that if I have an email address on my account Dish will automatically send it to me advising of the change.

Anyone care to place a wager on how this thing turns out?;)
Ghpr13:rolleyes:
After reading these posts for a couple of weeks, and deciding to just let it be, today I started to get that "Oh Sh^t!" feeling I get occasionally with DISH. So I called. I got a person with an accent where I usually ask for US support. For some reason today I didn't. So I told him that I had been reading all this doom and gloom about channel changes on August 1st, making it sound worse than it actually is, and asked if he could shed some light on the Platinum HD package. He asked for a couple of minutes to research this. Actually he did this twice. No prob. He returned and said that Platnimum HD will be added to my Gold HD for free on the 1st and that I have to do nothing. I asked for written confirmation, as I have had to in the past to CYA, but he said that he had no resources to do that, but not to worry. I said so after Midnight on the 31st these channels will be available to me? He said, Yes.

So . . . .

Well the Dish site is updated but the account manager is down. I did see this (image below) on the packages page. So we should have those turned on any time now. :)

leftNav_grfx_02.jpg

I went on the website as well, as you can see, the packages look a bit more streamlined, also I noticed is says "local channels included"

Satellite Channels - HD Satellite Channels - DISH Network

I stand corrected, the website still needs work, as I have AEP I clicked on the "radio" button for sports and all the sports channels show, I know you need sports pack for the other RSN's

Last edited:
Went to the website and got into my account. Platinum package is gone from my account page as an add on option.

Clicked on the link for more info about the HD package within my account page and there was an offer on this page to still had Platinum HD for $10 but the link is now dead and it redirected me to a simple statement to call them.

Edit, did this in IE, for some reason Firefox not functioning correctly with the DISH site this morning....

Any changes yet?

I have Classic Silver + Gold HD and no Platinum and the Platinum channels are still red in the guide. Are any non-Platinum subscribers now receiving these channels this morning?:confused:

just tried to find out more about these packages this morning via online chat and they told me they cant change anything for atleast 2 more hours. some sort of website problem.

I tired chat a few minutes ago, to add platnium that I dropped last night. I was told that system is being updated told to try back in a bit (a few hours) acording to chat csr

Platinum is still on my account and still a $10 add-on fee.

Maybe because I subscribed to it before Aug 1?

I just checked my account on-line and it also still shows Platinum as a $10 add-on. I have had it along with AEP and Classic Gold for several years now. I expect the $10 to be removed soon since Platinum is now a free service. But I'll believe it only when I see it gone from my account.

I just checked my account on-line and it also still shows Platinum as a $10 add-on. I have had it along with AEP and Classic Gold for several years now. I expect the $10 to be removed soon since Platinum is now a free service. But I'll believe it only when I see it gone from my account.
System is being worked on.

the 200 is 47.99 + the cost of the locals. The 52.99 price is the normal price with locals added in. So no, its not really "new", and is the same price.

I checked my account online and platinum + hd on my account is still $20.

I tried telling people last night that thngs would probably be screwed up this morning, but no one listens to me. ;)

I tried changing my programming on the website, calling them and doing the online chat but none of them worked. I wish you would have warned us about it.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)