Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT

DISH Ranked #1 in Customer Satisfaction Nationally for 5 Consecutive Years by J.D. Power​

September 29, 2022
  • The most awarded brand in customer satisfaction for cable/satellite TV service by J.D. Power
  • Ranked #1 in six study factors, including "Performance and Reliability" and "Features and Functionality," among nationally ranked brands
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Sept. 29, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- For the fifth year in a row DISH has been named #1 in Customer Satisfaction among Cable/Satellite TV Service Providers Nationally, in the J.D. Power 2022 U.S. Television Service Provider Satisfaction Study. DISH has earned more J.D. Power customer satisfaction awards than any other cable/satellite TV service brand nationally.

Dish ranked #1 in customer satisfaction for the fifth year in a row by J.D. Power.
DISH is ranked #1 in Customer Satisfaction by J.D. Power for the fifth year in a row.

"Since our start, DISH has been home to bold ideas, high-quality services and a commitment to our customers," said Erik Carlson, president and chief executive officer, DISH Network. "Having our customers rate us #1 in customer satisfaction for five years in a row is a testament to our team's dedication to customer care, and our exceptional products and services. I want to thank our customers for their vote of confidence and also our team members for their hard work and drive for excellence."

"Customer satisfaction is an important indication of how well a business runs," said Brian Neylon, executive vice president and group president, DISH TV. "We believe winning this award means that DISH is focused on the right things, and our customers notice. We pride ourselves on our service, technology and value, and we keep our customers as a top priority."

In addition to earning #1 in "Customer Satisfaction" for cable/satellite TV service nationally, DISH was also ranked #1 in six study factors, including "Performance and Reliability," "Features and Functionality," "Customer Care," "Cost of Service," "Billing and Payment" and "Communications and Promotions," among nationally ranked brands.

DISH continues adding value for customers with the Hopper whole-home DVR platform, which now includes the recently launched Hopper Plus, Joey 4 and Wireless Joey 4. The Hopper Plus and family of Joeys integrate the best of live TV and all streaming services by providing whole-home access to over 10,000 apps and the full lineup of DISH content without having to change inputs or remotes.

DISH Ranked #1 in Customer Satisfaction Nationally for 5 Consecutive Years by J.D. Power​

September 29, 2022
  • The most awarded brand in customer satisfaction for cable/satellite TV service by J.D. Power
  • Ranked #1 in six study factors, including "Performance and Reliability" and "Features and Functionality," among nationally ranked brands
ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Sept. 29, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- For the fifth year in a row DISH has been named #1 in Customer Satisfaction among Cable/Satellite TV Service Providers Nationally, in the J.D. Power 2022 U.S. Television Service Provider Satisfaction Study. DISH has earned more J.D. Power customer satisfaction awards than any other cable/satellite TV service brand nationally.

Dish ranked #1 in customer satisfaction for the fifth year in a row by J.D. Power.
DISH is ranked #1 in Customer Satisfaction by J.D. Power for the fifth year in a row.

"Since our start, DISH has been home to bold ideas, high-quality services and a commitment to our customers," said Erik Carlson, president and chief executive officer, DISH Network. "Having our customers rate us #1 in customer satisfaction for five years in a row is a testament to our team's dedication to customer care, and our exceptional products and services. I want to thank our customers for their vote of confidence and also our team members for their hard work and drive for excellence."

"Customer satisfaction is an important indication of how well a business runs," said Brian Neylon, executive vice president and group president, DISH TV. "We believe winning this award means that DISH is focused on the right things, and our customers notice. We pride ourselves on our service, technology and value, and we keep our customers as a top priority."

In addition to earning #1 in "Customer Satisfaction" for cable/satellite TV service nationally, DISH was also ranked #1 in six study factors, including "Performance and Reliability," "Features and Functionality," "Customer Care," "Cost of Service," "Billing and Payment" and "Communications and Promotions," among nationally ranked brands.

DISH continues adding value for customers with the Hopper whole-home DVR platform, which now includes the recently launched Hopper Plus, Joey 4 and Wireless Joey 4. The Hopper Plus and family of Joeys integrate the best of live TV and all streaming services by providing whole-home access to over 10,000 apps and the full lineup of DISH content without having to change inputs or remotes.
Well Directv isn't any competition anymore ,since ATT bought them and then spun them off again.

In polls online, I have read Dish does beat Direct, unless you are into sports heavily. Over all the price of Dish is less too. Until recently, Direct had no diginets, but now have added 3. Grit, Bounce, & Cozi. So it looks like Direct is getting in the the diginets game too.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Of course, this doesn't mean Dish scored high in customer satisfaction, it just means it scored higher than other cable/sat providers. And it doesn't say HOW much higher it scored. So if the scale is 1-100, it's possible all the other cable/sat providers scored a 1, Dish scored a 1.1, and bam, they're the "winners".

Of course, this doesn't mean Dish scored high in customer satisfaction, it just means it scored higher than other cable/sat providers. And it doesn't say HOW much higher it scored. So if the scale is 1-100, it's possible all the other cable/sat providers scored a 1, Dish scored a 1.1, and bam, they're the "winners".
Haven’t you ever had a technician say to you, “anything other than a perfect score on any of the survey questions is considered a fail,“?

That survey is a customer satisfaction survey.

Is this a surprise? Their Chat option has made communicating with Dish a lot easier than waiting on a phone. Their prices are the lowest. Their signal is perfectly intact. The only problem could potentially be disputes, but everyone has those and losing sports, but if you want the sports, you've left and aren't rating Dish's service. Their devices, even old ones that run on vacuum tubes, are pretty good to awesome devices.

Is this a surprise? Their Chat option has made communicating with Dish a lot easier than waiting on a phone. Their prices are the lowest. Their signal is perfectly intact. The only problem could potentially be disputes, but everyone has those and losing sports, but if you want the sports, you've left and aren't rating Dish's service. Their devices, even old ones that run on vacuum tubes, are pretty good to awesome devices.

Charlie? Dat you?

LMAO..... I'm a satisfied customer must be for staying all these years.

September 29, 2022

I love Dish and two years ago I would have backed this ranking 100% but what I have experienced this past month is horrific and if DIRECTV is worse than that I couldn't even imagine it!

Haha gonna be funny when they’re bankrupt after refusing to give their subscribers the sports content they want. But hey, they got that customer satisfaction going for them…once they no longer exist.

Haha gonna be funny when they’re bankrupt after refusing to give their subscribers the sports content they want. But hey, they got that customer satisfaction going for them…once they no longer exist.
You do know that the only Live TV services that have shown growth, Hulu Live and YTTV, neither of them have the RSNs and now combined have as many customers as DirecTV.

Speaking of DirecTV, while they do have ‘all the sports’, their percentage of those leaving is much higher then those leaving Dish.

I love Dish and two years ago I would have backed this ranking 100% but what I have experienced this past month is horrific and if DIRECTV is worse than that I couldn't even imagine it!
Here's an experience for you. When the mess was going on this weekend, I called DirecTV to get a quote on service. The individual who answered the phone couldn't tell me if DirecTV carried NFL RedZone, he kept talking about Sunday Ticket. He didn't know the difference. THAT is what you get on Direct's sales line these days.

Here's an experience for you. When the mess was going on this weekend, I called DirecTV to get a quote on service. The individual who answered the phone couldn't tell me if DirecTV carried NFL RedZone, he kept talking about Sunday Ticket. He didn't know the difference. THAT is what you get on Direct's sales line these days.
Quote directly from Wikipedia:

RedZone is offered by numerous cable providers, Dish Network, and Verizon Wireless smartphones, but specifically is not available on DirecTV, which offers its own version (Red Zone Channel hosted by Andrew Siciliano) as part of NFL Sunday Ticket.

So not completely wrong on talking about Sunday ticket, but I would expect a sales rep (especially the one that most people will have their first interaction with when dealing with a new company) to be aware of this or at the very least have the ability to use Google.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)