DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

The blaze, fox news, comedy central, universal sports, fox soccer plus, nbc sports, the weather channel, axs tv.

If channel providers don't care about autohop after 3 days, why not enable autohop on all channels? That's the only way I can see Dish snatching a victory from the jaws of defeat.

I don't see the three day rule as an issue. On cable's On Demand, watching an episode even a week later has rewind and fast forward disabled (forget ad skipping) a week after airing. I could definitely adjust my viewing schedule to watch mist shows three days after airing.

If channel providers don't care about autohop after 3 days, why not enable autohop on all channels? That's the only way I can see Dish snatching a victory from the jaws of defeat.

I doubt that the networks don't care about autohop after 3 days. It was probably a compromise between Dish saying they don't want to change anything about autohop and Disney saying they want autohop completely removed.

Thanks for your work on this. Is it just me or did this whole event seem a little . . . . sloppy? For a press release 6 months in the making, for them to not know some of the basic details (DXD in HD) seems a little amateurish. Not to mention zero answers on timing of any of this.

Judging by the way it came out I think news leaked before they wanted it to and they've been scrambling to play catchup since then.

Probably wanted to get the feeds lined up for the Wednesday uplink and announce it Wednesday afternoon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Judging by the way it came out I think news leaked before they wanted it to and they've been scrambling to play catchup since then.

Probably wanted to get the feeds lined up for the Wednesday uplink and announce it Wednesday afternoon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This makes a lot of sense. I hope you're right and we see the channels tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching Boise State football matches in SD is an eyesore.

2MOxflW.gif

Nope... too easy...

Doesn't Dish pay people to mark those spots? I'm sure there's a long eye cast on THAT ROI.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

One of the items mentioned in the various press releases was Dish's ability to make content available in the future without the need of a satellite by streaming via the internet. Don't we sort of have that today and isn't it called cable? ;)

One of the items mentioned in the various press releases was Dish's ability to make content available in the future without the need of a satellite by streaming via the internet. Don't we sort of have that today and isn't it called cable? ;)

No not the same. Cable is not Internet. If you say it is, then so is Satellite. Both Cable and Satellite may make programming available over the internet, but to watch Cable (or Satellite) does not depend on or use the Internet. You may be missing the big step that DISH and Disney are making.

That may be where they are heading, however there is a difference between the Networks and Cable channels. Networks, you normally get one shot to see the show, until some unspecified time it is rerun either on the network or in syndication. (Or go to the internet where often you can not skip commercials) Cable replays the shows normally the same day, sometimes more than once, and very often again during the week. That might affect how Cable channels view autohop.

Great. We get ESPN-U HD just in time for ... four months of no content. :)

(Oh, I guess NCAA baseball and softball count, but I'd think that 90% watch the U for basketball and football.)

This has been a long time coming. Football on ESPN-U HD this fall will be great, and also the new SEC network. The Longhorn network too.

Scott, great job on this, including posting all the links as soon as they became available. Now if Dish could only make Nick Jr. available in HD for my 3 yr. old grandson who frequently watches his favorite shows at my house--...:)

Best regards, and many happy returns of the day to all!

Fitzie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts