Dish Scapes on 199 is interesting

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wonder if they will have new scenes starting with Christmas or use the same ones?
At the very least, I would expect them to add some new elements to it. The Christmas one did not have very much movement in it, especially compared to all of the ones since then. Plus, now they have all of that advertising money from Discovery, so that means they can afford to make even more improvements to the Dish Scapes. :)

All you have to do is upgrade to a Hopper 3 and you could stop wishing! :D
Yep, for an extra $5 per month for the DVR fee. ($15 Hopper 3 compared to $10 Hopper Duo) To be honest, though, I mostly use my purchased deactivated Hopper Duo for watching Netflix, and I may occasionally activate it when I want to record something while the ViP211k is tied up with recording something else. So, I am not even paying the $10. I could do the same thing with a Hopper 3, but it would mean the additional upfront cost of purchasing it, to be able to activate it and deactivate it whenever I wish. That idea is getting more and more tempting every day.

• Wow
Reactions: Howard Simmons
Yep, for an extra $5 per month for the DVR fee. ($15 Hopper 3 compared to $10 Hopper Duo) To be honest, though, I mostly use my purchased deactivated Hopper Duo for watching Netflix, and I may occasionally activate it when I want to record something while the ViP211k is tied up with recording something else. So, I am not even paying the $10. I could do the same thing with a Hopper 3, but it would mean the additional upfront cost of purchasing it, to be able to activate it and deactivate it whenever I wish. That idea is getting more and more tempting every day.
Or for a one time cost of $50, less at times (I paid $30 for mine), you could purchase a 4K Fire Stick and watch Netflix and Youtube any time you wish and not worry about apps on Dish at all.

Or for a one time cost of $50, less at times (I paid $30 for mine), you could purchase a 4K Fire Stick and watch Netflix and Youtube any time you wish and not worry about apps on Dish at all.
True, but could the 4K Fire Stick record 16 channels at once, or display four channels of my choosing on the screen at the same time as a Multi-View? If I am going to upgrade, I might as well get something that will do everything. ;)

True, but could the 4K Fire Stick record 16 channels at once, or display four channels of my choosing on the screen at the same time as a Multi-View? If I am going to upgrade, I might as well get something that will do everything. ;)
But if it doesn’t doesn’t do everything well, apps wise, why beat your head against a rock instead of getting an apps device that will do all of that. BTW, you Duo doesn’t record 16 channels at once or do multiview of your choice either.

But if it doesn’t doesn’t do everything well, apps wise, why beat your head against a rock instead of getting an apps device that will do all of that. BTW, you Duo doesn’t record 16 channels at once or do multiview of your choice either.
Right, so you were the one trying to talk me into getting a Hopper 3. Now, you are the one trying to talk me out of getting a Hopper 3. :coco

All you have to do is upgrade to a Hopper 3 and you could stop wishing! :D

Right, so you were the one trying to talk me into getting a Hopper 3. Now, you are the one trying to talk me out of getting a Hopper 3. :coco
I'm not trying to talk you into or out of anything. I am simply mentioning options available to you to get to your bottom line. Your ongoing argument that you present on and on is that you would be very happy if your Hopper Duo had the Youtube app available. Face it, it ain't gonna happen. So, you have available options to watch the Youtube app, you can get a Hopper 3 or purchase any one of several available app streamers. I mentioned the 4K Fire Stick because it is the least expensive 4K streamer out there. I did that because you also go on and on about how you manipulate every possible way to save a penny here and there. I really don't care what you do, I'm just tired of the incessant "if only my Hopper Duo had Youtube..."

Reactions: charlesrshell
I'm not trying to talk you into or out of anything. I am simply mentioning options available to you to get to your bottom line. Your ongoing argument that you present on and on is that you would be very happy if your Hopper Duo had the Youtube app available. Face it, it ain't gonna happen. So, you have available options to watch the Youtube app, you can get a Hopper 3 or purchase any one of several available app streamers. I mentioned the 4K Fire Stick because it is the least expensive 4K streamer out there. I did that because you also go on and on about how you manipulate every possible way to save a penny here and there. I really don't care what you do, I'm just tired of the incessant "if only my Hopper Duo had Youtube..."
Well, at least I have my own thread about that issue now, which you are free to ignore. The purpose of that thread is just to get Dish (or maybe just one of their resellers) to stop the false advertising, or at least clarify their advertising claims. Picturing a Hopper Duo next to a blurb about YouTube now being included on the Hopper just continues to give me false hope.

now-you-two-90f4ec919c.jpg

At the risk of straying farther afield, someone mentioned “Thunderbirds” and “Fireball XL-5” previously. Just to let you know that Amazon Prime Video has these as well as “Stingray”, “UFO”, and “Captain Scarlet”. There are some other shows and movies, too. Stuff from my nerdy upbringings…:)

At the risk of straying farther afield, someone mentioned “Thunderbirds” and “Fireball XL-5” previously. Just to let you know that Amazon Prime Video has these as well as “Stingray”, “UFO”, and “Captain Scarlet”. There are some other shows and movies, too. Stuff from my nerdy upbringings…:)

What? No Supercar? :crying

• Haha
Reactions: pattykay