Dish site is down this morning

I was able to get in this morning. Nothing seems to have changed, however I was reset back to paper billing and my autopay was removed. You all may want to check that. There were no new Dish America packs (silver, gold) available for me to switch to either.

*** EDIT: Logged out and logged back in, and saw that autopay and paper billing was re-set again. Something wrong... Hopefully they do not send out paper billing or remove my programming because autopay was not working.

When I try to access Dish Anywhere I get "This Connection is Untrusted...this site's identity can't be verified...if you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue".

When I try to access Dish Network's main web site I get nothing at all, and sometimes I get my modem's set up page! :( :eek:

Last edited:
I can log in as well, dont have any choices for the HD packs, maybe that is something you have to call in for. Not a of deal for me as I don't see myself switching Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Still working fine for me, and I just logged in with out issue.

Those having issues try changing your DNS servers

I am using OpenDNS and the DNS servers are as follows:

I got in just fine.

I went to www.dish.com, which redirected to http://www.mydish.com/?
I then clicked on LOG IN/OUT out at the top, which sent me to https://identity1.dishnetwork.com/saml/module.php/authSynacor/login.php?AuthState=blahblahblah

viewing the SSL certificate, it shows as valid:
ssl.jpg

Still working fine for me, and I just logged in with out issue.

Those having issues try changing your DNS servers

I am using OpenDNS and the DNS servers are as follows:

Those having issues, have you tried doing as I explained above?

For those needing help in doing this check out https://store.opendns.com/setup/

Scott, I just tried using the OpenDNS servers that you posted and I am getting the exact same results:

When I try to access Dish Anywhere I get "This Connection is Untrusted...this site's identity can't be verified...if you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue".

When I try to access Dish Network's main web site I get nothing at all, and sometimes I get my modem's set up page! :eek:

I'd be pretty embarrassed today if I were Dish.. This is pretty bad even for them
While Christopher Chin's (the DISH domain administrator) head is spinning for letting the domain lapse, the propagation of the DNS information isn't something DISH can do much about. The ISPs that aren't observing the TTL (Time To Live) of the DNS entries are the ones that should get the blame for those that aren't getting the information needed to access the site. Then again, it is possible that whomever hijacked the domain set a very high TTL that hasn't yet expired.

Of course if the website wasn't passing you from domain to domain just to log in (www.dishnetwork.com to www.mydish.com to www.dish.com to my.dish.com to identity1.dishnetwork.com to my.dish.com), things wouldn't be nearly as complicated.

I cannot get the Dish site either on IE. I know that Scott put up a work around. However, it doesn't work for me. Dish not emailing its customers about their problem and a work around is just a cover up like Target did until they were exposed.

Well if I go in through my VPN I can get to dish.com .. But when I try to go to the login page it gives me:

The requested URL /saml/saml2/idp/SSOService.php was not found on this server.

Not sure what that is..

Still can't get anywhere on my non VPN connection

So it's been down for over a day now. Is anyone at Dish concerned about it or is it part of a cost saving measure? Will we see our costs increase once they fix their website?