Dish size for Hispasat 1C in Massachusetts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

anis_ber

Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
hello
im seeking 2M Monde (Morocco)on hispasat1C,i couldnt get the same channel on galaxy 95W, im allowed to place the dish in the balconee only and a hugh wall is facing the dish when pointed to 97W
i found out that hispa has this channel on 12172 H
i hope its has a strong signal , and it's still brodcasting
my question is what is the size of the dish i have to use to get this channel,i dont care about other channels,i only aim
12172 H and maybe 12132 H as well
i live in methuen MA, i know an installer who has a winegard 76cm, but doubt it will be enough
thx for helping me out

yes it is still there. That transponder is strong so the Winegard 76cm dish would be fine

I've been able to pick them up on the same dish here in Minnesota (with its 9 elevation)

yes it is still there. That transponder is strong so the Winegard 76cm dish would be fine

I've been able to pick them up on the same dish here in Minnesota (with its 9 elevation)

thanks a lot
sounds good,i have invacom SNH LNB, it should work out

As for elevation, I picked Boston and its a 26 elevation for Hispasat...Heckuva lot easier than the 9 elevation I have ;)

Hispasat at 30W has a strong signal and receivable with a 30" dish all the way west to MN.

There are a lot of duplicate channels on that satellite that are similar to Galaxy 19 at 97W. Good luck to you and have fun with 2M.

Hispasat at 30W has a strong signal and receivable with a 30" dish all the way west to MN.

is there an echo in here? ;)

There are a lot of duplicate channels on that satellite that are similar to Galaxy 19 at 97W. Good luck to you and have fun with 2M.

Too bad the Cuban mux isnt duplicated on 97W :)

hello again
now im planning to install a dish at 30W
i just found out that 2M Monde is not in lyngsat's list, has it moved from this satellite?
anyone who gets this sat, please tell me if there is 2M Monde in Hispasat 1C 12132 H 27500

thx

2M Monde

You are right. 2M Monde is gone from Lyngsat's listing for Hispasat 1C. The 2M homepage now only advertises the following location: GALAXY 25 (97° W), 11 991 Mhz Vertical 22000 3/4.

I watch it sometimes at 97°W, but there are too many trees over at 30° W so I couldn't get it there anyway.

It looks like you may not be able to get it after all. Sorry to hear that!

The 2M homepage now only advertises the following location: GALAXY 25 (97° W), 11 991 Mhz Vertical 22000 3/4.
thx for the answer
2M homepage= screen on 30W, is that what you mean?
if so, it's too disappointing since i cant get 97 in my balcony

For those who have Hispasat 30W

hello

now i was planning to install a dish at 30W
i just found out that 2M Monde is not in lyngsat's list, has it moved from this satellite?
anyone who gets this sat, please tell me if there is 2M Monde in Hispasat 1C 12132 H 27500

thx

Mike Kohl shows it active as of 5/11 on his list
global-cm.net/MPEGlistATL.html

it's driving me crazy man
is this website reliable and up to date
i visited hispasat website and found the channel but lyngsat says the channel has left on 04/28/09
did u understand Othea's post, does he mean he sees 2M screen on 30W showing nothing?

identify which satellite first:

im allowed to place the dish in the balconee only and a hugh wall is facing the dish when pointed to 97W
If you find your channel on 97º, there are tricks to hang a dish off the balcony to achieve line of sight to the satellite.
Some folks who face north, have even put up a mast with their dish looking south over their apartment.
So, before you give up, let us explore some options. - :cool:

edit:
This is encouraging , from our own, The List:
Code:
[FONT=Fixedsys]..
[/FONT][SIZE=2]11993    Channel                                                        Last
V 22000[/SIZE]   Name Video Pid Audio Pids PCR Provider Encryption Updated

705 M2 Morocco 272      273       272  Globecast              [COLOR=Red]5/22/2009[/COLOR]
[FONT=Fixedsys] ..[/FONT]

Last edited:
I beleive it was not there last sunday as I had to re-locate the Hispasat dish for a friend. I remember I saw TV Marti and the Arab channels but 2M Morocco had a black screen on his receiver. Other TP's were also working ok. I did not re-scanned again anything as the Spanish channels were all working. I guess they removed the channel recently then.

also Globecast's site shows it free on 97W

top channel

Attachments

• Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 195
If you find your channel on 97º, there are tricks to hang a dish off the balcony to achieve line of sight to the satellite.
Some folks who face north, have even put up a mast with their dish looking south over their apartment.
So, before you give up, let us explore some options. - :cool:

edit:
This is encouraging , from our own, The List:
Code:
[FONT=Fixedsys]..
[/FONT][SIZE=2]11993    Channel                                                        Last
V 22000[/SIZE]   Name Video Pid Audio Pids PCR Provider Encryption Updated

705 M2 Morocco 272      273       272  Globecast              [COLOR=Red]5/22/2009[/COLOR]
[FONT=Fixedsys] ..[/FONT]

thx for the advice but im in the 1st floor and there are 3 floors, i need a loooooong mast which is not practical, an installer guy was here and tried everything but no way, i already gave up since i cant do what i want in a rental apartment
actually you gave me 2M frequency in 97W, i need to know if it's still available on 30W

I beleive it was not there last sunday as I had to re-locate the Hispasat dish for a friend. I remember I saw TV Marti and the Arab channels but 2M Morocco had a black screen on his receiver. Other TP's were also working ok. I did not re-scanned again anything as the Spanish channels were all working. I guess they removed the channel recently then.

hello
could you please try to call him to verify if 2M has gone?
i appreciate your help

Status
Please reply by conversation.