Dish Tech who was killed today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tyler95023

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 24, 2009
Hollister, CA
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) ?
preschoolcrash.jpg
1 of 1
CBS

Close
ico016x014close_modal.gif

preschoolcrash.jpg

CBS
1 of 1

One person is dead after a garbage truck and a van collided, sending the truck into the side of a daycare center in Sacramento.

The accident happened Thursday on Folsom Blvd., between Watt Ave. and Howe Ave., just after 9:30 a.m., say Sacramento Fire Department officials.

A Sacramento County garbage truck was heading westbound on Folsom Blvd. when a Dish Network van driven by 32-year-old Avinesh Singh, came from the other direction, turned into the path of the garbage truck, and hit it head-on, say investigators. The truck then veered and hit the overhang near the play area of a preschool.

The impact of the crash made rescue attempt difficult.

Singh was taken to the hospital where he died of his injuries.

"We had a long extrication for the victim that died. It took us about close to a half hour to get him out," said Capt. Doucette. "And the driver of the garbage truck, it probably took us close to 20 minutes to get her out."

None of the children were hurt. They were in the back of the daycare, and did not see the accident or its aftermath.

"It could have been a lot worse," said Sacramento City Fire Captain Jim Doucette. "The kids could have been outside. And it could have been really, really bad."

The garbage truck driver sustained major injuries, but they do not appear to be life-threatening.

The parents of all the children at the daycare center were notified of the crash.

From all of us here at IAV Satellite Inc.,

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of Avinesh Singh who died today. We hope there was minimal pain and suffering and also hope he rests peacefully. It is tragic when a life is ended so soon espicially while doing a job that provides for himself and his family. We, here at IAV Satellite Inc., will remind our employees to be resilient and strong with safety in mind both on and off the job while hoping others do the same.

Please update us with any information regarding services for Mr. Singh's family.

May the Lord be with you Mr. Avinesh Singh.

Very Truly,
Lorraine Garcia
Tyler Pim
Anthony Garcia

Last edited:
It is still under investigation but it was very sudden.

Also only a few miles away from the shop.

They family is going to have a lot of hard ship soon,

Would anyone be willing to help out the family if I get info on donations.

Last edited:
It is still under investigation but it was very sudden.

Also only a few miles away from the shop.

They family is going to have a lot of hard ship soon,

Would anyone be willing to help out the family if I get info on donations.
I emailed our area GM and Sac's GM, as soon as I get any info on donations at bank or by mail I will update.

What a sad story indeed.

A number of SatelliteGuys members PMed me overnight asking if they could ask to collect donations for Mr. Singhs family here on SatelliteGuys. And while I would love to at this point we have no way of knowing if donations would actually get to his family, however if the proper trust is setup then we would allow it. I just want to make sure the money is going where it is supposed to.

I am hoping that sA::shaggy is able to get us that information.

I know we have lots of folks here that work at that office and this is a great loss to them and my thoughts and prayers also go out to them as well as Mr. Singh's family.

Death is not my favorite topic to talk about.

If there is a trust at a bank setup where I could just mail or stop by a branch and make a deposit I will.

Especially if this guy was the victum of a fail policy that all satellite installers seem to face. Like someone else said hope this was not caused because he was having to race to an appointment.

What a sad story indeed.

A number of SatelliteGuys members PMed me overnight asking if they could ask to collect donations for Mr. Singhs family here on SatelliteGuys. And while I would love to at this point we have no way of knowing if donations would actually get to his family, however if the proper trust is setup then we would allow it. I just want to make sure the money is going where it is supposed to.

I am hoping that sA::shaggy is able to get us that information.

I know we have lots of folks here that work at that office and this is a great loss to them and my thoughts and prayers also go out to them as well as Mr. Singh's family.
I am in contact with the area GM for Sac and he will get back to me as soon as the family has made their decisions. But until that point I would say as well that no donations should be collected unless the family wishes to do so. I know some families/religions actually look at that as an insult rather than a helping hand, much like we are used to. but I will get back with that info.

Especially if this guy was the victum of a fail policy that all satellite installers seem to face. Like someone else said hope this was not caused because he was having to race to an appointment.

Sad to say we will never know.

EDIT: After watching the video (seeing the van on the rollback, and the minimal damage to the drivers side) I would safely bet he was either not wearing his seat belt, or something forward of the bulkhead hit him (if it it even had a bulkhead).

Last edited:
Sad to say we will never know.

EDIT: After watching the video (seeing the van on the rollback, and the minimal damage to the drivers side) I would safely bet he was either not wearing his seat belt, or something forward of the bulkhead hit him (if it it even had a bulkhead).

After seeing additional pictures of this wreak I retract my "EDIT".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts