Dish to Drop Weather Channel?

I remember The Weather Cast and how short lived it was. Wasn't that a record to how short lived a channel was on the air? The Weather Channel made a very quick return.

Please stop asking. The same question over and over again won't bring it here closer if it even is coming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Are you saying WN is still a maybe on DISH after all this time? Granted it's not confirmed because it's not on air yet.

If we all want this to end, then DISH should finish the job. I'll agree it's a little tiring to go week after week and not see WN when we first got this rumor/news in mid March, and asking the same question.

right now there is two hd channels for weathernation and a app.that should be coming i would like to see the weather channel stay and have a alternative weather channel the more the better so that way you have a variety to watch your weather everyday lets say like weathernation broadcasts local affilates severe weather you can actually go any watch that channel and the weather channel you can still watch the weather you want to watch along with specials on that channel.

i think i know what is the problem with this it is all one sentence with multiple thoughts in it which means it should be broken up into more than one sentence but it isnt i dont have any idea how to read such an mess

right now there is two hd channels for weathernation and a app.that should be coming i would like to see the weather channel stay and have a alternative weather channel the more the better so that way you have a variety to watch your weather everyday lets say like weathernation broadcasts local affilates severe weather you can actually go any watch that channel and the weather channel you can still watch the weather you want to watch along with specials on that channel.
Amen! That was what I was hoping DISH would do but, that seems unlikely since we're in this thread.

Reactions: bluegras
whateverhappenedtopunctuationandcapitalizationthewaysomeofthesepostsarewrittenitmakesreadingthemnearlyimpossibleandtheposterlookslikeanuneducatedmoronwhenimsuretheyrenotofcoursesomeofthesepeoplewouldhavewrittentheirnotinsteadbutidigressireadastudyawhileagothatdetailedhowapersonsuseofspellingandgrammarwasonlyanindicatorofhowwellthatpersonunderstandsspellingandgrammarandnothingelsespellingandgrammarhasabsolutelynocorrelationtothewritersintelligencehowevertheperceptionthatthewriterisablitheringidiotpersistsandanyopinionsexpressedwithpoorspellingandgrammararediscardedbytheaveragereader

Reactions: osu1991 and ChadT41
whateverhappenedtopunctuationandcapitalizationthewaysomeofthesepostsarewrittenitmakesreadingthemnearlyimpossibleandtheposterlookslikeanuneducatedmoronwhenimsuretheyrenotofcoursesomeofthesepeoplewouldhavewrittentheirnotinsteadbutidigressireadastudyawhileagothatdetailedhowapersonsuseofspellingandgrammarwasonlyanindicatorofhowwellthatpersonunderstandsspellingandgrammarandnothingelsespellingandgrammarhasabsolutelynocorrelationtothewritersintelligencehowevertheperceptionthatthewriterisablitheringidiotpersistsandanyopinionsexpressedwithpoorspellingandgrammararediscardedbytheaveragereader
And now my head hurts...

Thanks for getting my headache started early today. :coco

The Weather Channel was good 10-15 years ago. Headline News was good 10-15 years ago. TechTV was good 15 years ago. They had niche audiences who actually cared about the programming. Media companies don't care for niche markets, they want to appeal to larger audiences than: People who want to know the weather in detail, People who want to get news headlines, and People who enjoy technology. In all three cases, the watered down the programming with more "broad appeal" type programming that nobody cares about, lost their core audiences, and didn't gain broad audiences. In The Weather Channels case, they now over-hype everything. OMG the wind got above 1.5 MPH, what should you do? They will soon have a unique name for every cloud system.

G4(who took over TechTV) is now out of business. I am sure there are still people who care about Headline News and The Weather Channel, but I am not one of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts