Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
L447 spooled last night only to customers who had L446. It contained only one fix.

* Fix for loss of audio on off-air channels

Great job Scott & Co!!! Batting two for two--TBS HD and L4.47. Now if you can convince E* we need more and better HD channels now and not later everyone would be happy.

I think the real reason they released it last night was because I finally called and complained about it yesterday afternoon. :D

Got through to a level 3 tech who said a fix was in the works.

Great job Scott & Co!!! Batting two for two--TBS HD and L4.47. Now if you can convince E* we need more and better HD channels now and not later everyone would be happy.
Obviously, E* would add any HD channels that a) they have the rights to add, and b) they feel are the best use of their limited bandwidth.

If you notice, I bitched about it in my MultiChannel News article last week. :)

Today they fixed it so I praised them. That was a good turn around for them so they deserve the praise.

I hope the fix doesn't kill my OTA audio which is working just fine, thanks.

Ted

Most curious.... Yes there is/was a bug...but not everyone experienced it. Common...yeah...but I wonder what the commonality is with those who experienced it and those that didnt?

I for one didnt have the issue either....

I guess we will never know...

Most curious.... Yes there is/was a bug...but not everyone experienced it. Common...yeah...but I wonder what the commonality is with those who experienced it and those that didnt?

I for one didnt have the issue either....

I guess we will never know...

I never saw the issue either so it's quite the curious problem. Lots of people ran into it. Curious what it was myself that made it different for everyone.

Different OTA channels in different markets. It was likely a combination of factors that would cause it that didn't happen everywhere.

In my case I noticed one channel that had the audio from one of its other subchannels, and some had no audio at all.

Now I am kicking myself for deleting that Bionic Woman episode that recorded with no audio. One report in another thread said that audio reappeared on a recording that had previously not had any before the L447 update.

L447 Software ReleasE

L447 brought back the sound on the OTA channels in stereo but not the 5.1 optical so it must have bee a quick fix. We never had a problem with our 622 but did with the 722, especially CBS in Boston.

L447 brought back the sound on the OTA channels in stereo but not the 5.1 optical so it must have bee a quick fix. We never had a problem with our 622 but did with the 722, especially CBS in Boston.
I don't think it's an L447 problem. I suspect that WBZ is broadcasting in 2.0.
I've posted a question over on AVS -- maybe Robert Yankowitz (RF Systems Manager, CBS Boston) will respond as he's done in the past.

Curious, I had a recorded movie on the sundance channel drop the sound about a third of the way through last week, hope this is not a problem that goes deeper than just over the air channels? Am using the 622 receiver.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)