Dish vs Coolsat case

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Who? The only one I can think of off the top of my head are the folks who make the traxis.

I had a similar experience with my sonicview. I downloaded firmware from their website with the nagra2 crack built in. When I mentioned it here it suddenly went away and an older firmware was posted on sonicview's site. They are being sued now as well. Its unfortunate because they make a nice box.

DreamBox is one that is legit, always have been always will be.

ohhh please;
You should know that it may have been privately hacked (outside manufacturer's control), but hacking have NOT and will NOT be paid for by manufacturers in any shape or form at all - unlike other manufacturers.
Dreambox don't even care about the North American market!

which 3 sats? I thought they were all there but AMC21

itd be nice to have 77w , 85w and 125w ku positions added and if 91 ku was split into circ and linear. the box is great except these locations cannot be used with usals. i emailed coolsat a month ago. but i guess i was talking to dn. haha.

crackt out,

Coolsat 8000/8100 & DiSEqC 1.1

I've been watching some Coolsat 8000/8100s on fleabay. I know a lot of guys here like their coolsats. I have a Pansat 9000 but it doesn't do DiSEqC 1.1. I read Ice's review on the 8000 and it looks like it doesn't support DiSEqC 1.1 either. Is that true for the 8100 also? (Didn't mean to hijack this thread)

I know the Coolsat 8000 has Diseqc 1.1 in it's setup menu, but I honestly can't say that it works, because I don't have that type setup. I suspect that it DOES work, but maybe we'll hear from someone who has tried it. The only downside to the CS8000/8100 that I know of, is the lack of blindscan. The CS8000 has changed quite a bit since it's initial review.
:)

The 8000 doesnt work with Diseqc 1.1...never has had that option
The 4/5/6000 do and it works flawlessly

just confirmed on my 8000

NO Diseqc 1.1

options are diseqc, motor, usals, SMATV
Diseqc allows 1-4 as options

Doing some research, the Diseqc 1.1 was implemented in the hacker firmware between Jan and April 2009. I loaded several of them, and the versions after April all seem to support the Diseqc 1.1 standard. Again, though , I can't say that they work, but they are options in the Diseqc menu. Now back to fixing up my screwed up CS8000 ( try loading a bunch of different versions, and see what you get. :) )
:)

yes the diseqc 1.1 was implemented in hack soft. as well as the first more complete sat list and the no beep on antenna setup. no reply from coolsat in a month on my issues. sucks support is dead and that the greedy stb manu's never made source public. i hope DN has assumed the coolsat moniker as well as the support that is owed to me as a consumer because as of right now, i as a coolsat owner am f'd. haha. but assuming ownership would mean DN is on the hook for warranty and legit support. is this a confirmed event ?

crackt out,

I'd be really surprised if Dish provides support but they'd be smart to keep the support phone number and email address going. I'll bet you'd find some stupid hackers who call coolsat (Dish Network) saying "When are you going to release new files so I can get PPV and the adult channels on 119/110?" Dish Network replies, "We have special support available for people smart enough to contact us directly. We need your full name, address, and driver's license number or social security number to activate the support you deserve."

I'd be really surprised if Dish provides support but they'd be smart to keep the support phone number and email address going. I'll bet you'd find some stupid hackers who call coolsat (Dish Network) saying "When are you going to release new files so I can get PPV and the adult channels on 119/110?" Dish Network replies, "We have special support available for people smart enough to contact us directly. We need your full name, address, and driver's license number or social security number to activate the support you deserve."

i think you missed my point. i could give a rats a$$ about DN programming. i was only wondering if dish would provide factory support if they indeed assumed the coolsat brand. not all people who buy satellite equipment, do so to pirate signals. the whole fta scene has been blurred by free tv'ers. FTA is even misused as a term. FREE TO AIR means just that. the stb manufacturers would probly be to blame. since they used FTA as a bad marketing label. it seems to me that when the manufacturer and the pirates are the only ones with box source code they must be in bed together. i just didnt understand how DN could assume the brand and not provide warranty and support. i mean they could but itd only be to kill the brand which leaves the consumers bent over.

crackt out,

i just didnt understand how DN could assume the brand and not provide warranty and support.
I think you assume facts not in evidence.
i mean they could but itd only be to kill the brand which leaves the consumers bent over.
That would probably sound like a win | win to the DishNAZIs.
Spoil the name, and screw the customers. :rolleyes:
Dish has its own brand (Echostar) of FTA receivers it sells in Europe.
One less competitor in the world market.

Where is it stated E* took over the brand? This is what I read:

As a result, Freetech agreed to forfeit all of its liquid assets and inventory to DISH Network and shut down operations immediately.

To me this means the Coolsat US distrubutor is defunct. The assets are now E*'s to do with as they see fit.

I see E* sending any inventory to the industrial shredder and auctioning off anything remaining for cash.

EBay

Picked up a 5000, a Pansat 2500 clone and BEC 6600 for under 50 shipped
There are 8000 & 8100's there also

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)