DishAnywhere Quit Working

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

az99

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2014
My dishanywhere service was working ,poorly but working. My HWS was replaced because it was noisy. Now the anywhere does not work. Rebooted, checked broadband, made sure the correct HWS was selected in lower left of screen. Just shows a continual spinning LOADING.
I called Dish and got the normal clueless CS agent. Got to level 2 tech support with the same result.

Any help would be appreciated.

If you're talking about Dish Anywhere on a PC or Mac then it could take a while before it starts working right. Took about 2 weeks for me after a receiver replacement several months ago. Just be patient and one day it will be working. Until then it should be working fine on phones and tablets.

The receiver DishAnywhere is currently associated with is shown at the bottom left of the window and should have a green dot next to it. If not, try logging out and back in. Then go to Accounts and Devices and see if your current receiver is listed there. Compare the receiver number with the one shown on the actual receiver (Menu twice). The logout/in is usually enough to jolt DishAnywhere into picking up a new receiver but not always!!!

When I replaced my receiver, the DishAnywhere web site was all confused. The DVR page showed programs I did not record, presumably from the previous owner (reconditioned replacement). It DID show the programs I had recorded, too. The guide also showed the wrong locals and other programming, and the clock was off by an hour. It took a couple of months for the guide to correct itself, and 3+ months for the My Recordings page to remove programming from the previous owner. Repeated attempts to contact Dish to correct the situation were ineffective. Dish obviously does not care about the computer app. The iPhone/iPad app was correct from the day I replaced my receiver.

About a week ago, DishAnywhere on my Mac did not connect to my receiver. That lasted a day or two and after that, the MyRecordings list was correct so it is possible Dish made changes that corrected the stale program bug.

To add in, when comparing the receiver numbers, make sure they match exactly. A few years ago there was a known issue with DA adding a zero that was easily overlooked.

I select from the 2 listed Hoppers. I triple check the #. I tried logging in and out 5 times. The indicator never turns green. A little white box displays and says offline.

My experience was similar to kwindrem's. When my HWS was replaced, Dish Anywhere was very confused. The DVR page showed programs that I did not record, presumably from the previous owner (reconditioned replacement). It DID show the programs I had recorded, too, and the clock was off by an hour. In my case, the clock eventually fixed itself, but several months have gone by, and Dish Anywhere still shows about a dozen shows (some with multiple episodes) that were recorded BEFORE the date that I received the replacement receiver. These phantom recordings cannot be played or erased. They just sit there in the Dish Anywhere list of DVR recordings. Otherwise, Dish Anywhere did work OK after about 24 hours.

In my experience, Dish Anywhere is very buggy software.

I select from the 2 listed Hoppers. I triple check the #. I tried logging in and out 5 times. The indicator never turns green. A little white box displays and says offline.
You've done everything that normally restores connection. BUT as I said in my previous post, I had this situation for a couple of days MONTHS after replacing my HWS. The situation eventually resolved itself on it's own. Give it a day or two and yours may come back on it's own.

The other thing I experimented with was to empty the browser cache and remove the DishAnywhere cookie.

Good luck.

I put the dishanywhere app on my tablet. That works but it does not going thru dishanywhere.com

I put the dishanywhere app on my tablet. That works but it does not going thru dishanywhere.com
That's typical. Same here, and with others. DishAnywhere.com is very buggy and not maintained well. I can't get it to work at all on Firefox (Mac). When I reported issues, they said it would be a MINIMUM of 3 months before engineers would look into it.

I was never able to make it work on a Mac.
It is not just FF. It does not work with IE either.

Reactions: KAB
I tried both Safari and Firefox.
Dish rep said it does not work on Mac just ipad and iphone.

I tried both Safari and Firefox.
Dish rep said it does not work on Mac just ipad and iphone.

Stopped reading after Dish rep said.... :biggrin2
When I think of some the inane things they have told me over the years before I just stopped asking them anything.....

Reactions: osu1991

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)