DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 3/26/2008 1:24pm - 210 changes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
My only concern with getting Flint/Saginaw/Bay City Locals in HD is I've heard they are horrible on either DirectTV or Charter, cant remember. I just hope that doesnt translate to Dish when then finally launch those channels in the next 5 years :(

I can watch Sci-Fi in HD all I want.. The only thing I want from Dish is my locals in HD.. And I haven't seen one word from Dish on Mobile, Al locals.. So I guess I will just keep on waiting.. Now there are other national HD channels that I want. Right now, I don't care which provider adds them. But from a business standpoint, I love Dish, and just want them to get on the ball so I can get back to selling them.. Been a little tough to get a customer to pick them over D* lately..

Not at all. If you listen to what I have said on the Podcast and in the Pub area I said this week.

I am beginning to think that the only HD excitement this week is these threads. Unbelievable how much time has been wasted on the senseless hope that there would be new HD this week.

If the guys at Dish are watching, shouldn't this tell them something about the intense interest? Shouldn't it tell them something when people who have been with their service for five, ten years are thinking about leaving over this?

For me, at least, it's not about the lack of new HD, it's about the lack of transparency. I would really like to get a new HD box. But I am not up for the committment until I know more. Just tell us something.

BAck to work. Nothing to see here.

I'm one of them. Been with Dish for 10 years.

S~

Tell me about it. I have been saying for the past two years to move the internationals on to one bird. 118.7 is that bird. Move the LILHD onto 61.5 and 148. Use those as your LIL HD source to the wings, National HD should be at 129, 105 or 121. Sense 105 and 121 is out of the picture momentarily, you could easily launch all of your nationals over at 129.

Realistically, the eastern arch is a good idea since they are in this bind. So for now for maximum penetration they can do what they are doing but in the mean time they need to throw some bones out there for the boneheadedness that they have been going through the past 6 months.

I think the question we should ask is about the flag changes... What is happening here?

Channel Package Flag Changes:
119 - BIO - EchoStar8 110W TP 21 ConUS beam changed channel package flags
121 - HISTI - EchoStar8 110W TP 01 ConUS beam changed channel package flags
128 - WE - EchoStar7 119W TP 12 ConUS beam changed channel package flags
184 - ANIML - EchoStar7 119W TP 02 ConUS beam changed channel package flags
190 - REAL - EchoStar8 110W TP 05 ConUS beam changed channel package flags

I think the question we should ask is about the flag changes... What is happening here?

my guess is those are now Free Preview

Free Preview.

New free preview channels. Should be available to everybody for a few weeks. It'll be nice to have History Intl. back for a while.

Picture does not do her justice! If you can get Detroit OTA check her out on FOX 2 Detroit.

I hope so.

A web search on "hot news anchor" produced this one from Albuquerque, Lauren Sanchez:

lauren-sanchez-picture-1.jpg

I can watch Sci-Fi in HD all I want.. The only thing I want from Dish is my locals in HD.. And I haven't seen one word from Dish on Mobile, Al locals.. So I guess I will just keep on waiting.. Now there are other national HD channels that I want. Right now, I don't care which provider adds them. But from a business standpoint, I love Dish, and just want them to get on the ball so I can get back to selling them.. Been a little tough to get a customer to pick them over D* lately..

Yikes.. High Churn and Poor Sales is not a good recipe for business success.

Finally, HD locals in my area (Orlando)! I can't wait to get home. I am sorry for you folks whose HD content didn't increase with these changes, but I am a very happy camper.The wait has been very long.

Thank you Dish!!

The biggest question is, "How much did Charlie pay Tricia Helfer to promote the BSG season premiere on Charlie Chat only to not make SciFi HD available for it even though it has been uplinked for over 3 months?"

The Abilene TX SD locals were already at 148. I thought these channels were already available. I live near that DMA and I'm down there every one has a D500 or 1000 plus a 148 dish on their roof. They may try and put the SD along with their HD locals on 61.5 so they don't have people needing 3 dishes.

Yes, this is actually weird. They are already up there according to the EKB, on that SAME transponder, and all ACTIVE... Digi or JohnH, any idea what is going on with that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)