DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 4/16/2008 11:59am - 9 changes - CNN HD ADDED

Who decides what channels are to be released anyway? Is it Charlie or some guy stuffed in a cubby whole somewhere trying to sabatoge E* by choosing the crapiest channels to launch?
Yep, you guessed it. Some cubby hole guy makes the all HD decisions for E*.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I'd love chiller too. I LOVED the old Friday the 13th the series back in the day.

But honestly, the only time I really watch the cable news channels is during disasters.

So with hopefully no disaster happening for a long time, I won't be going near them.
Of course...Hurricane Season is right around the corner for us down here in New Orleans...<Gulp>

I think I'd rather have the Weather Channel HD for Hurricane Coverage :)

Who decides what channels are to be released anyway? Is it Charlie or some guy stuffed in a cubby whole somewhere trying to sabatoge E* by choosing the crapiest channels to launch?
Yep, and as you can see, he hasn't been too busy lately....

42-15493672.jpg

"Ha ha! You fools! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against Charlie Ergen when customer satisfaction is on the line! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! HA HA HA..."

You know, the biggest problem I have with them is the total lack of communication. Everytime we ask about something their reply is "SOON". That means absolutely nothing, and is insulting. I wish they would tell us SOMETHING. If they said "Look, we know you want Sci-Fi HD and USA HD, and we're currently trying to negotiate a contract. We don't know when exactly we can turn the channels on, but we will keep you posted." I would respect the hell out of that. But they don't even give us that courtesy.

Well CNN ok but they got to stop dragging their feet and get SCI-FI HD and USA Network going as well.

If they said "Look, we know you want Sci-Fi HD and USA HD, and we're currently trying to negotiate a contract. We don't know when exactly we can turn the channels on, but we will keep you posted." I would respect the hell out of that.
If you end up talking to the people at E* responsible for programming, that is exactly what they are saying.

And, logically, there cannot be any other situation.

What else could there be ? You think that the situation is:

" Gee, we could add those channels now, but we love losing customers to other companies, so we don't. "

:rolleyes:

Well be nice to see more National HD this week if not I guess we all half to wait another week..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)