DishNetwork Uplink Activity Report - 5/7/2008 1:37pm - 122 changes

Remember back in Feb when this was posted?

"Supposed New HD thats already Uplinked
* 9463 Tennis Channel
* 9483 MGM
* 9484 MOJO (formerly called INHD)
* 9492 Smithsonian
* 9494 World Fishing Network
????"

then today...
"9463 - TEMP renamed to TOON (NA)
9463 - TEMP renamed to TOON (NA)
9484 - TEMP renamed to TDIS (NA)
9492 - TEMP renamed to BRAVO (NA)
9494 - TEMP renamed to ESNWS (NA)
9494 - TEMP renamed to ESNWS (NA)"

So is 9483 still going to be MGMHD?;)

Talon Dancer

Do you think there will be any more activity today with regards to actually making any of these Nat'l HD channels available?
It's hard to say. From what I've seen sometime they're available in a few hours, sometimes days or months. And sometimes they are never available. Having said that rumor has it a couple should be available by the end of the week.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.:)

* 9463 Tennis Channel
* 9483 MGM
* 9492 Smithsonian
????"

then today...

Talon Dancer

the list in feb was only the channels that were in test at the time, my understanding is that those channels have been used to test a few different channels over the course of them being uplinked.

voom movies is showing "little man tate". a pretty standard "american" movie. maybe this means an upgrade in content. kinda like encore or hdnet movies. older flicks that are pretty good. instead of older flicks from argentina and papua new guinea that youve never heard of. so long "world" i cant say i will miss ya

* 9463 Tennis Channel
* 9483 MGM
* 9492 Smithsonian
????"

then today...

Talon Dancer

Wasn't the MOJO Temp Channel the one that was converted to CNN HD?

the list in feb was only the channels that were in test at the time, my understanding is that those channels have been used to test a few different channels over the course of them being uplinked.

i think you're right. they made it officially today by changing the name from temp to the actual name of the channel. if they do drop some or all of the voom channels due to recent circumstances this could mean more new national hd real soon;)

Exactly! AFAIK four of these were just test video streams that may or may not be made available in the future. But it still raises the question about MGM HD. Was this just a "test channel" or will it be made available "soon"?

Talon Dancer

I'm new to this uplink stuff. I live in Wausau, WI and see a few channels got moved. What does this actually mean? Thanks.

I'm new to this uplink stuff. I live in Wausau, WI and see a few channels got moved. What does this actually mean? Thanks.

If you receive the Wausau locals via 121º the channels that moved are now showing a slate telling local subscribers that the locals are now only available on the 129º location and to contact Dish to get a repoint or new dish.

Dish is removing 121º and 105º from their DBS service and discontinuing the SuperDish.

See ya
Tony

CHNG 5180 WTNH MPEG4 HD Tp 1 Spot 16 Rainbow 1 61.5w UNAVAIL HIDE HD MAP 8
TO 5180 WTNH{NEW HAVEN, CT} MPEG4 HD Tp 1 Spot 16 Rainbow 1 61.5w AVAIL HIDE HD MAP 8

CHNG 5181 WFSB MPEG4 HD Tp 1 Spot 16 Rainbow 1 61.5w UNAVAIL HIDE HD MAP 3
TO 5181 WFSB{HARTFORD, CT} MPEG4 HD Tp 1 Spot 16 Rainbow 1 61.5w AVAIL HIDE HD MAP 3

CHNG 5182 WVIT MPEG4 HD Tp 1 Spot 16 Rainbow 1 61.5w UNAVAIL HIDE HD MAP 30
TO 5182 WVIT{NEW BRITAIN, CT} MPEG4 HD Tp 1 Spot 16 Rainbow 1 61.5w AVAIL HIDE HD MAP 30

Hartford, we have a liftoff!!! :)

At least a 3/4 liftoff (why aren't you on board FOX 61?):confused: