DISHOnline testing legit?

I replied to it because it only wanted my account #. My account has a pin # associated with it so I don't feel any harm could be done to it even if it was a scam. I can't think of any other info at risk just because my dish acct # may be out there.

Sorry Scott

I have a feeling it was legit.. but someone should have used BCC. I recognize about 80% of the email addresses and names on the list.

What I find strange is I am already using DISHONLINE without issues...

Sorry Scott but the 1 that came to me was direct from the dishnetwork email address to the email addy they have listed w/o any BCC. I've never gotten the gmail 1 or it went to spam & I never saw it.

I have a feeling it was legit.. but someone should have used BCC. I recognize about 80% of the email addresses and names on the list.

What I find strange is I am already using DISHONLINE without issues...

I'm not so sure it was legit. I agree with the others that have posted, seems awful fishy to me. Not to mention the e-mail address I used is the same one on my Dish account so it doesn't make sense that they would not be able to find my account number.

What is the gmail email address it came from? Can one of you that received it PM me with the address (unless you want to post it here, of course)?

I'm not so sure it was legit. I agree with the others that have posted, seems awful fishy to me. Not to mention the e-mail address I used is the same one on my Dish account so it doesn't make sense that they would not be able to find my account number.

That was my third reg flag...

hack

I replied to it because it only wanted my account #. My account has a pin # associated with it so I don't feel any harm could be done to it even if it was a scam. I can't think of any other info at risk just because my dish acct # may be out there.

If they have the acct # then they can log in to E* and start using a scan s/w prgm to work on breaking your pin. Then once it is hacked they can get all info in your acct. Like your social security # & CC #. I would advise you to go now and change your pin to keep s/w confused. :confused:

Even if this is a scam and they don't really have your account number, I would be concerned about the fact that they seem to have only sent this email to people that signed up for the beta.

If this is a scam (which, honestly, it really, really looks like), then they somehow got the names and e-mail addresses of people that signed up for the beta. I don't see any reports of anyone getting these emails that didn't sign up for the beta. So if this is a phishing scam, how did they get the list of beta volunteers? That's where I would be concerned.

sold 2 them

Even if this is a scam and they don't really have your account number, I would be concerned about the fact that they seem to have only sent this email to people that signed up for the beta.

If this is a scam (which, honestly, it really, really looks like), then they somehow got the names and e-mail addresses of people that signed up for the beta. I don't see any reports of anyone getting these emails that didn't sign up for the beta. So if this is a phishing scam, how did they get the list of beta volunteers? That's where I would be concerned.

My guess is that someone that works for or keeps tabs for E* sold it to them.

Hey guys, I've been reading the forum for 4-5 months now. Just registered today to let you know that I signed up for the beta and got this e-mail today as well (along with digiblur's response). Someone messed up somewhere, but just an FYI, the only thing relating to Dish that would have had my e-mail is Dish themselves (I wasn't registered on any forums, etc).

Scott or Digi...any more information that you guys know of...if not...and im sure you will do this...please update us asap as I am one of the idiots that didnt pay attention and emailed my acct # haha

Hopefully nothing crazy happens

I should have asked on here if anyone knew anything before I did anything

It appears that the e-mails may have come from a real DishNet employee, albeit a stupid one.
The real question is if this is official communication, or if this is a rogue employee.

If it is a legitimate communication, then it was handled very poorly and unprofessionally. (I still stand by my "red flags" post.)

I bet it was someone using the wrong email account at work. Dish will probably now ban all personal email account access at work after this blunder. The person was probably sending the email and forgot they were in their personal email vs the corporate one.

Just received this response...

RE: DISHonline Invite Requests

Account # ***-**** Thanks Tommy Tutone

The stars have the first 7 digits of my account...so any ideas now???

The first 4, if not first 6 or more, #'s of Dish accounts refer to what group you reside in, 8255 generally for direct dish custs, other variations for bundled custs. w/ phone companies. Don't fear 80's music either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)