DISHOnline testing legit?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I got the apology e-mail but never saw the original from the gmail account.

Huh.

Why would the message come from a gmail account? This just screams phishing attempt.

I used to see lots of legitimate businesses around here using public email accounts. Of course I didn't deal with them, as a matter of principle -- I said they were legitimate, I didn't say they were intelligent!

I used to see lots of legitimate businesses around here using public email accounts. Of course I didn't deal with them, as a matter of principle -- I said they were legitimate, I didn't say they were intelligent!

Apparently I was wrong about the phishing attempt. Mea culpa.
But it was still a ridiculously stupid way of handling the situation.

They should have:
* sent the e-mail from a corporate "@dishnetwork.com" or "@dishonline.com" email account,
* used BCC so they don't reveal the names and e-mail addresses of other subscribers (surely a privacy policy violation),
* instead of having people reply via e-mail, provide a link to a page on the dishonline.com site asking them to re-register with their e-mail addresses and account numbers

If they did this, this whole thread would have been a lot simpler.

As I said, this was a ridiculously stupid way to do this.

I got the second letter apologizing about using gmail, sent a reply that I wanted to beta test, but wasn't going to send my account number over email, and hasn't yet bounced.

Hello,

I'm a Dish employee and I also got the appology letter and not the original.

ROLANDO.MARTINELLI is listed in the employee directory as the Programming Coordinator.

I have posted this on the internal BB to try and get an answer.

Way to get yourself fired, dude. You just admitted to something that is possibly a violation of company policy, and left a trail for them to find you.

If you did post "this on the internal BB", surely they can track who posts there?
And if they can, they now know that you have posted internal company information to a public message board, which is surely a violation of company policy.

Then again, you do "have a little captain in you".

I know people will think this post funny considering I was posting stuff here when I was working @ DirecTV. But at least I wasn't connecting my online activities directly with internal company activities that they could use to identify me. At DirecTV, simply posting any proprietary information to a public message board like this one (even if that information was publicly available on DirecTV's own website) was a fire-able offense.

Last edited:
I just got this email, and never received the first email. The email address is this
DishOnlineSupport <DishOnlineSupport@dishnetwork.com>

Hello,

Due to a recent technical glitch we inadvertently sent an e-mail to multiple users using a Gmail account address. We understand that this might have seemed like a spam e-mail but want to assure you that it was not.

If you are interested in joining our DISHOnline beta (which we hope you are), please provide us with your DISH account number by responding to this e-mail.

We apologize for any inconvenience that the prior e-mail may have caused.

Sincerely,

Rolando Martinelli
DISHOnline.com

Still could be the work of a rogue employee using Mr Sparkling Cider's name without his permission. Anyone can spoof an e-mail address. Call me paranoid, but until they post an apology or press release directly on the dishonline.com site, I wouldn't trust it.

Hello,

I'm a Dish employee and I also got the apology letter and not the original.

ROLANDO.MARTINELLI is listed in the employee directory as the Programming Coordinator.

I have posted this on the internal BB to try and get an answer.

Just joined today, 1st post..... more confusion AFAIC.

If you did post "this on the internal BB", surely they can track who posts there?
And if they can, they now know that you have posted internal company information to a public message board, which is surely a violation of company policy.

How is this posting internal company info? It is public info. If you go on google and search for his name and dish network it comes up with his title.

I'm not posting sensitive company info.

And for what I posted on the internal BB was just a query as to what the email was about. Nothing about posting to a public forum.

By the way, the answer I got was that the email was an error and to disregard.

I signed up with my email address a few months ago, never got a response. However I apparently got accepted and can log in and view anything I subscribe to. Its pretty sweet. Just might want to try accessing it with your same info to login to your account information.

I signed up with my email address a few months ago, never got a response. However I apparently got accepted and can log in and view anything I subscribe to. Its pretty sweet. Just might want to try accessing it with your same info to login to your account information.

I just tried it too, and it worked great. I just started poking around in it. Does anyone know if it streams to mobile devices yet?

I'll pass on trying this now... they probably hate me due to the reply-all ;) I'd wake up one morning to find out they killed my hd absolute for some spanish only package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)