DISHOnline testing legit?

i received an email over a month ago inviting me to the beta test. it did not ask for account info, and i joined the beta program no problem.

harshness said:
Somewhere back in the posts, someone mentioned seeing a Tweet. The thread search may be your friend.

If you're getting your official news through Twitter i feel sorry for you. The dish Twitter account is run by employees that don't respond to direct questions asked by someone they know is a customer i.e. Myself being one

If you're getting your official news through Twitter i feel sorry for you. The dish Twitter account is run by employees that don't respond to direct questions asked by someone they know is a customer i.e. Myself being one
Regardless of the bile you taste over Twitter and its attendant twits, the question was whether or not there was any secondary support for the beta test e-mail from DISH and the Tweet would seem to qualify as an corroborating source.

I follow the twitter. Its all just retweets of people praising their customer service who don't know nay better.

I also did not receive the first "Gmail" letter, but received the apology letter. I have not replied to it because it requested my account number and I found that suspicious. I think I will wait to see what happens to people who gave their account number!

Yeah the twitter feed is a lot of fluff, with a lots of "Rah Rah's" patting DISH on the back, but what do you expect its run by the PR department.

With that said however sometimes some good info comes from those Tweets, so you need to take the good with the bad.

We normally try to post the good ones to the SatelliteGuys Twitter Feed. :)

I also did not receive the first "Gmail" letter, but received the apology letter. I have not replied to it because it requested my account number and I found that suspicious. I think I will wait to see what happens to people who gave their account number!

you'll probably just get a call from direct or att uverse trying to sell you service.

you'll probably just get a call from direct or att uverse trying to sell you service.

i am pretty sure att collected account numbers from dish when they were partners and is now using that to their advantage. illegal probably, but ive heard some weird stuff from customers about phone calls they get from 'dish' that turn out to be sales agents for att or direct.

Finally got a response back from DIshOnline support yesterday regarding this issue:

Please be assured that the emails you received on June 7, 2010 from a DISH employee on a Gmail account were in fact from DISH Network® in response to your interest to be part of the DISHOnline beta program. We inadvertently sent our response to your inquiry simultaneously with our response to others who had made similar inquiries and mistakenly used a Gmail account rather than our standard DISH e-mail account. Again, we apologize for any confusion.
If you need to speak with someone directly, please do not hesitate to contact Bruce Eisen at dishonlinesupport@dishnetwork.com
Thanks,
The DISHOnline Team