DISH's OTA Adapter replacement with silver insurance?

WickedStepMom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 24, 2019
Missouri
We have a Hopper 3 and in 2019 my husband installed an OTA antenna and I purchased a AIR TV adapter because it was the same but cheaper than the one Dish carried so if Dish was in dispute with a prime time channel and we could no longer watch those shows, we then had a back up. We've had a couple of these antennas due to lighting or they just stopped working. Dish replaced them and I'm assumed it was because I had the silver insurance. Our current OTA is no longer working. When I spoke with a Dish Rep several weeks ago she told me that my Dish silver insurance will not cover the cost of a new one, only the shipping cost. Was she telling me the truth or just trying to get rid of me? For what I've been paying for this insurance and for as long as I've had it, I could have purchased numerous OTA adapters. Looking online for them, I'm finding 2 and am not sure if they are the same. The black one is what I've always had and the white one is something new to me.
So....#1, was the rep telling me the truth or should I call back and ask for a supervisor? #2, if I have to purchase a replacement, which should I get?
Thanks.

Attachments

• AirTV adapter.jpg
    AirTV adapter.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Dish OTA adapter.jpg
    Dish OTA adapter.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: charlesrshell
We have a Hopper 3 and in 2019 my husband installed an OTA antenna and I purchased a AIR TV adapter because it was the same but cheaper than the one Dish carried so if Dish was in dispute with a prime time channel and we could no longer watch those shows, we then had a back up. We've had a couple of these antennas due to lighting or they just stopped working. Dish replaced them and I'm assumed it was because I had the silver insurance. Our current OTA is no longer working. When I spoke with a Dish Rep several weeks ago she told me that my Dish silver insurance will not cover the cost of a new one, only the shipping cost. Was she telling me the truth or just trying to get rid of me? For what I've been paying for this insurance and for as long as I've had it, I could have purchased numerous OTA adapters. Looking online for them, I'm finding 2 and am not sure if they are the same. The black one is what I've always had and the white one is something new to me.
So....#1, was the rep telling me the truth or should I call back and ask for a supervisor? #2, if I have to purchase a replacement, which should I get?
Thanks.
The OTA adapter, either one, is an add on device that was purchasable and not internal to the Hopper. So, like anything else that was purchased as an add on, it's on you. Now, the AirTV adapter for the Hopper is no longer available so you have to purchase through Dish. Be advised that AirTV has adapters that are for the AirTV Sling Device. It is not the same as what you need.

Thanks for the information. Was hoping that if I do have to purchase another adapter that an AirTV would work since they are cheaper than the ones in the Dish store.

Reactions: charlesrshell