Dish's site

Did I miss it or does their website no longer list the specs (inputs, outputs, etc.) for their receivers and a picture of the back panel?

They're available at the mydish.com site. There's a link under the "Support" tab on the new site.

I see that now. I would like to also see the specs for their current receivers be listed on their main web page... under "Technology > DVRs & Receivers."

WOW! So they literally change everything in a day - not just the consumer site, but literally everything on the backend, and your mad that it isn't 100% perfect in hour one on day one. You need something better to do.
First .. they didn't change in a day... they designed the site, they put it onto a new domain and then changed the main pointers. Dish didn't just magically create all of this in a day.. they aren't "god" and didn't decree and on the 8th day....

Second it should seem obvious that they've designed this new website as if everyone was on a tablet or touch screen device, or as if they were recreating a windows 8 metro ui experience like its to be the next greatest thing since sliced bread..

its not, it sucks. The buttons are spaced like everyone should be full screened with their browser, its like moving the mouse from here to eternity just to get to the support link, and then after you've hovered, the entire page has to shift down to reveal the under links.. which is slow and sloppy given not everyone is on an i5 or i7 system with 4 or more gigs of ram, etc..

And its only once the page shifts down that you see the first of the cracks in such an interface .. namely you don't have enough room to put such bigass buttons everywhere AND cover the same amount of content .. the inverse is also as bad, when at the old site, the menus had so many options under them that the thing would scroll off a screen and not allow you to see everything there without combinations of movements (scroll with click)

So under something like Entertainment .. you have room for 6 buttons .. and what do they do? Four big buttons for only four topics, and then the other two buttons have 12 links between them ..

So they design a touch screen interface as if everyone has one, then cram things together when they don't have enough room for it .. stupid mistakes .. they could have modernized it without such problems ..

examples:

• they could have done overlay for buttons, rather than slide everything down, its faster
  • side buttons, thus the menus slide right, and rather than move content that's actively playing (the flash dish adverts)
  • smaller buttons, 1/3rd smaller would allow for 8 or 9 buttons rather than the 6 (or even half the size they are now)

Welcome to the future people.. Metro UI is invading and the idiots are drinking Microsoft's Kool-Aide. Just like Unity .... commonsense for the common UI is just dying.

Those are listed on the Blockbuster@Home page...

ChannelChart.png

Yea but it should also be listed under the HD channels section, under the BBMP wich is not on the pull down menu. Its not easy to find what channels are in BBMP as its not on the main page like everything else is. Also, with dish showing that they get the disney channels in HD, isnt that false advertising? They are leaving themselfs open to lawsuits and consumer complaints.

Yea but it should also be listed under the HD channels section, under the BBMP wich is not on the pull down menu. Its not easy to find what channels are in BBMP as its not on the main page like everything else is. Also, with dish showing that they get the disney channels in HD, isnt that false advertising? They are leaving themselfs open to lawsuits and consumer complaints.

As of February 1st Blockbuster Movie Pass was re-branded to Blockbuster @Home™. For anyone who is having issues finding the new information I have also provided a link. DISH - Entertainment - BLOCKBUSTER

Looks "ok" but for crying out loud it won't load on iPad safari (message says "to many redirects"). Using Skyfire for iPad loads the site, but won't login to user account.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Welcome to the future people.. Metro UI is invading and the idiots are drinking Microsoft's Kool-Aide. Just like Unity .... commonsense for the common UI is just dying.

Let's just hope the Windows 8 Beta that's coming out will be more refined than the Developer Preview is. After the novelty wore off, I got tired of the way I had to navigate in the DP, so I'm back on Windows 7 now.

Let's just hope the Windows 8 Beta that's coming out will be more refined than the Developer Preview is. After the novelty wore off, I got tired of the way I had to navigate in the DP, so I'm back on Windows 7 now.
aren't they calling it the Consumer Preview rather than label it with such a "negative term" like "beta" ? ;)

what really amazes me about companies like dish ... is that they don't seem to question direction, so long as its different. And why does it seem they are intent on making a web site ... influenced solely by one platform. They *can* see the http user-agent string .. so just like mobile sites exist to deal with mobile phone browsers, they could simply direct people to one of two sites, one for pc's (win7/Mac X and below) one for internet devices ... thus making navigation less problematic or constrained to one style that doesn't work as well for one or the other..

I pointed out the mistake with ABC Family and all the Disney Channels being listed in HD on DISH's new website to the powers that be and instead of saying something like "whoops we will fix that ASAP" they instead thanked me for looking at their new site...

The channels are still listed there in HD...

I just got a call from a friend at ESPN a few minutes ago who told me they are about to get wired with a DISH Network headend. (They already have a DIRECTV headend) so now I am thinking...

Did DISH and DISNEY come to a deal and settle a long running feud?

Could we see some nice surprises today from the NEW DISH in the uplink report?

I don't honestly know for sure, but it does appear that anything is possible with the new DISH.

Here is the complete HD channel list as it appears now.

5StarMAX Encore (East) History Starz (East)
A&E Encore (West) HLN Starz (West)
ABC Family ESPN Investigation Discovery Starz Comedy
ActionMAX ESPN2 Lifetime Starz Edge
AMC Food Network Lifetime Movie Network Starz Kids and Family
Animal Planet Fox Business Network MLB Network Style
BBC America Fox Movie Channel msnbc Syfy
BET FOX News Channel MTV TBS
Big Ten Network Fox Soccer Channel Nat Geo Wild Tennis Channel
BIO FX National Geographic Channel The Hub
Bravo G4 NBA TV The Movie Channel (East)
Cartoon Network (East) Galavision NBC Sports Network The Movie Channel (West)
CBS Sports Network Golf Channel NFL Network The Movie Channel Xtra (West)
Cinemax (East) GSN NHL Network TLC
Cinemax (West) H2 Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite (East) TNT
CMT Hallmark Channel OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) Travel Channel
CNBC Hallmark Movie Channel Planet Green truTV
CNN HBO (East) RFD-TV Turner Classic Movies
Comedy Central HBO (West) Science TV Land
Cooking Channel HBO 2 (East) Showtime (East) Univision (East)
Discovery Channel HBO 2 (West) Showtime (West) USA
Disney Channel (East) HBO Comedy Showtime 2 Veria
Disney Channel (West) HBO Family Showtime Showcase VH1
Disney XD HBO Latino Speed Channel Weather Channel
Do It Yourself (DIY) HBO Signature Spike TV WGN America
E! Entertainment Television HGTV Sportsman Channel

Kind of interesting that those Channels are still on the web site, I called Dish and the Csr was clueless as usual!!!!!!!!

That was the first mistake. CSRs will always be left in the dark on such issues. Find Joe Clayton's direct number then you are getting answers. DIRT is a million times more knowledgeable than CSRs, and I believe that they are in the dark on this matter.

Regardless of how this turns out, I think it is poor business practice for Dish to advertise product that doesn't exist and may not exist. Why mislead current and potential subscribers and generate potential ill will. My customers would crucify me if I advertised the existence of products and services I don't currently have. This will be even more unsavory if it turns out those HD channels aren't forthcoming at all. If they are coming soon, just list them tagged as "coming soon". That avoids the controversy, I would think. This reminds me a bit of the time a couple years or so back when Fox News was added to AT120. It was also listed on the site initially as being available for DA. Except it wasn't. As I recall, Scott reported back from Team Summit that the higher ups were unaware of the controversy and thought it was available to DA subs.

Last edited:
It matters little if these HD channels are coming tomorrow or next week or at all. Clearly, as the new site exists today, this is false advertising. DISH seems to have a blatant disregard of the truth and of its customers in this regard. (And this comes from one who is more DISH fanboy than not.)

It matters little if these HD channels are coming tomorrow or next week or at all. Clearly, as the new site exists today, this is false advertising. DISH seems to have a blatant disregard of the truth and of its customers in this regard. (And this comes from one who is more DISH fanboy than not.)
I have to agree with you.

I have to agree too,because unfortunately bad word of mouth travels faster that good.:tsk:

New site's HD lineup is mis-leading.

Anybody else notice that on the new site that lists all of Dish's High Definition channels, there's channels listed that aren't really in HD?
(See screenshot) mislead.png

If you look closely at that list..the channels NOT in HD do not have HD next to them n(i.e TNT-HD and conversely Dis-E)