dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Longer than that... Went from at250 to at120 years ago.

These disputes truly stink and will make people consider cutting the cord (if possible). Seems every provider will face them eventually.

The advantage to cord cutters now, is they have that outlet with SlingTV. Just like SlingMedia, Dish finds a way to keep their hooks in. That is a greatand bold move on Charlies part. We all have to give him props for that one. Even Mitch, who hates Dish, paidfor a Sling Box, and if he wants it on a tablet, has to pay Echostar again. Kinda makes one laugh.

I can forgive the mistake. When Fox News first came to Dish it started at the second tier and stayed there for about a dozen years. Looking at the old EKB changes pages I saw FoxNews Free Preview listings as late as January 2009. It was moved down to the first tier after I was keeping track of such things.

On April 1, 2008, the day Sky Angel left satellite I ran the following entry:

4/1/08 (The EKB is a prank free zone this year)

• Channels 419 and 5419 Fox Sports Bay Area were transformed into Comcast Sports Bay Area today. The EPG name was changed from FOXBA to CSNBA. The HD channel 5419 is still not available to subscribers.
  • Penthouse TV seems to have replaced TEN on channels 489 and 495 at 119?.
  • The Sky Angel channels (9700 range except 9710) are all showing slates telling former Sky Angel subscribers that Sky Angel no longer provides satellite service and several former Sky Angel channels are available through Dish Network.

I just sat down at my desk and see that you guys already figured it out. I looked back through the old brochures I have and see that Fox News was in the Top 200 back in the first part of 2009 and then was moved to the Top 120 at the end of 2009 and has been there ever since. This looks to be the time period where the Top 100 changed to the Top 120.

.....either way, there has been a lot of drama with dish as of late, and it will have some repercussions.

True, as Mr. Ergen spews his vitrol towards a (very valuable) partner publicly. :boom

The full financial impact WILL NOT be realized for at least a month or so, longer if Fox News is not put back soon, main reason being the latency phase I've been talking about, the trickle down part. It takes time to schedule new service and an installation. Dish customers will not drop service until just before or the day that new service/equipment is installed

True, as Mr. Ergen spews his vitrol towards a (very valuable) partner publicly. :boom

The full financial impact WILL NOT be realized for at least a month or so, longer if Fox News is not put back soon, main reason being the latency phase I've been talking about, the trickle down part. It takes time to schedule new service and an installation. Dish customers will not drop service until just before or the day that new service/equipment is installed

So sounds like old Charlie gave them a taste of there own medicine then? Kinda classic in the big picture...Wonder how they liked it?

So sounds like old Charlie gave them a taste of there own medicine then? Kinda classic in the big picture...Wonder how they liked it?

Excuse me, but I don't remember any representatives of Fox going on a worldwide network slandering someone they're supposedly negociating with. I HAVE watched this which sticks to the facts and doesn't resort to petty name calling like Ergen did. http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3964391010001/fox-viewers-fighting-dish-over-blackout/?#sp=show-clips

It's all about decorum and class. Obviously Ergen doesn't have either and when it comes to the way he treats his customers and "partners", his people skills suck.

Reactions: huskerhead

You think that's objective? They are parroting the strengths that FOX is undoubtedly standing upon in the negotiations. They vilify DISH (and all content providers) for having tiered programming when it is the channels insisting on grouping. Numbers they're citing for "fox viewer massive complaints" through FOX orchestrated conduits amounts to ~1% of dish customers.

They also try to enhance their perceived position of strength by discounting DISH's relative position in the content provider rankings.

You have to consider the source for any information you are given.

I hope you don't watch the white house press secretary news briefings and believe everything they say. I mention this just to illustrate the idiom "take it with a grain of salt".

Not sweating it as its a bonus, but no credit next for me as of yet, I will take a look at my next billing cycle which should be posted this weekend

Excuse me, but I don't remember any representatives of Fox going on a worldwide network slandering someone they're supposedly negociating with. I HAVE watched this which sticks to the facts and doesn't resort to petty name calling like Ergen did. http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/3964391010001/fox-viewers-fighting-dish-over-blackout/?#sp=show-clips

It's all about decorum and class. Obviously Ergen doesn't have either and when it comes to the way he treats his customers and "partners", his people skills suck.
Again with the slander comments, for $&@/'s sake, it's not slander. Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true.

Again with the slander comments, for $&@/'s sake, it's not slander. Repeating something over and over doesn't make it true.

OK I'll bite. Change gears.

Would you say Ergen's name calling and childish behavior is befittin' of a quality CEO, a mature man that should exercise good people skills.....one who is supposed to be working with NOT AGAINST a partner? If I was talked down to like that, in public no less, I'd tell Ergen where he could shove his satelite transponders. Dish needs Fox. Fox does not need Dish.

Ergen calling Fox "arrogant" is the pot calling the kettle black. ;)

OK I'll bite. Change gears.

Would you say Ergen's name calling and childish behavior is befittin' of a quality CEO, a mature man that should exercise good people skills.....one who is supposed to be working with NOT AGAINST a partner? If I was talked down to like that, in public no less, I'd tell Ergen where he could shove his satelite transponders. Dish needs Fox. Fox does not need Dish.

Ergen calling Fox "arrogant" is the pot calling the kettle black. ;)
Again, you fail to mention the flaw of that, when you fail to mention the underhanded tactics Fox is pulling also. Advising customers to switch. Saying it is Dish who is in control of Fox News on their satellite system. Lying about how many subs have left. I am not even calling Fox evil. This is called business. This is what both companies must do. So yes, I say Ergens BUISNESS attitude is befittin' of a quality CHAIRMAN(He is not the CEO) and is acceptable.

I Just watched the video (mind you I am a Foxnews fan), and it proves that what Charlie is saying is true, Foxnews is adding another channel into the negotiation.

They state that Dish has lost every carriage dispute this year. Curious to what are they basing this on? Just more FUD perpetuated by the news, like the 90,000 lost subscriber number Carry is making up.

They state that Dish has lost every carriage dispute this year. Curious to what are they basing this on? Just more FUD perpetuated by the news, like the 90,000 lost subscriber number Carry is making up.

If the negotiation tactics did not benefit Dish, they wouldn't continue the practice.

I'm sure there are some deals Dish would consider a "loss," but they must be winning most.

Winning doesn't mean they get everything wanted or asked for, just a deal they're relatively content with.

If the negotiation tactics did not benefit Dish, they wouldn't continue the practice.

I'm sure there are some deals Dish would consider a "loss," but they must be winning most.

Winning doesn't mean they get everything wanted or asked for, just a deal they're relatively content with.
What is it they say about a good compromise? It is not a compromise unless both parties walk away feeling like they lost something afterwards?

Obviously some people don't like it when people tell the truth and get hot when the facts are presented.

What's more funny is that this is what Fox News channel is supposed to be about.

Charlie didn't say anything that wasn't true, as if he did a lawsuit would be filled now by Fox.

Fox News could be back on Dish TODAY they have already agreed to the pricing for Fox News and Fox business. The issue is Fox trying to raise the prices of other channels which are not part of this contract. And that is the sticking point.

If Fox News wants you to see them then this deal must be for Fox News and Fox Business only. The other channels will have to be negotiated when there contact is up which is over a year away.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)