dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I must not have complained enough lol. I sent in my comments on Jan 2 and I have not gotten a credit or even a email. Ive been a dish customer since 2001....Did you guys that got credits give your account number or just email when you left feedback?
Just my email tied to the account.

If that dig was directed at me, I have a DirectTV installation scheduled for Jan. 14 in the morn, not that it's any of your business.

Hope that helps.:hatsoff
Good for you! If you aren't happy with a service you should move on to another. I look forward to your positive comments about DirecTV in the appropriate forum once you get it installed and cancel Dish. You have made clear your disdain for this carrier. I appreciate the feelings of betrayal and unfocused sense of anger you feel towards your soon-to-be former TV service provider. I hope the venting you have done in the Dish forum has given you some solace. Now it's time to move on. Your CONSTRUCTIVE comments (positive or negative) are more than welcome in this and any forum on SatelliteGuys!

I sent in my comments on Jan 2 and I have not gotten a credit or even a email. Ive been a dish customer since 2001....Did you guys that got credits give your account number or just email when you left feedback?

I too only gave them my phone and email, so we shall see. No credits yet for me either. Unfortunately I posted a comment on the DishStandsForYou website only after it made front page on SlickDeals, so I'm not holding my breath. :(

I think they're probably counting that 90,000 number as subscribers who cancelled as well as those who've complained and those who've received a credit.

You would think Dish would crawl back to the bargaining table and accept Fox demands if they lost almost 10% of their customers. So I am calling BS on that #
I was a dedicated Fox New watcher, but I'm still with Dish and putting up with CNN and their non stop "Breaking News" from Airline disasters to Terror Attacks in France.
The only good thing is less or little politics, seems Fox is too hell bent on politics and less on "Breaking News", you would think with all the commercials that Fox News shows
(approximately every 6 minutes) they wouldn't be demanding so much $$$.

The Blaze doesn't cut it it's too much talk discussion, very boring. on the plus side I get Sky News on my Roku.
So I can live without Fox, if it means paying extra.

Reactions: ChadT41
LOL. They went from 1.38M to 947,000 but are saying Dish lost 90K customers? But it appears they lost 433,000?

EDIT: It should be noted that would be from last years same time period ratings to this years. I think most people understood that, but for those that do not.

Reactions: TheKrell
You would think Dish would crawl back to the bargaining table and accept Fox demands if they lost almost 10% of their customers. So I am calling BS on that #

90,000 is less than 1 percent of Dish Customers . Not 10 percent.

The math is 90.000 divided by 14 million equals 0.64 per cent. I think it is higher than that but Dish refuses to release the numbers. I wonder why if they are so low.

Because they have zero benefit in doing so. It will not prevent anyone from leaving that wants to go, and provides Fox, and competitors with an insider information, in addition to releasing more then necessary to potential stock holders. That would be the worst business move they could make.

Reactions: TheKrell and Bobby

The math is 90.000 divided by 14 million equals 0.64 per cent. I think it is higher than that but Dish refuses to release the numbers. I wonder why if they are so low.
As soon as a credible source for that 90,000 is produced, it will have some meaning. As it is right now, it is just a WAG from a Fox executive, hardly a 'fair and balanced' source.

Personally I think it is a heck of a lot less than that, and my guess is as good as any... :)

Im guessing at the current state less than 50K customers have left. Especially when you see FNC took a 433K loss of viewership.

Reactions: KAB

Thanks for the math lesson! my bad!

Im guessing at the current state less than 50K customers have left. Especially when you see FNC took a 433K loss of viewership.

Now I have left...Had nothing to due with Fox....and told them....I still have dish with a 922 in another state.....You know new year and new change!!!

Mine was directed towards Fox News specifically, but even with other factors I do not really see more then 50K leaving. If that number is more, it's only slightly more. I should get that published online though, so it becomes a fact appersntly. Lol.

Dish is refusing to release numbers? Really, where has that refusal come at? Please enlighten us.

The numbers will be released when the quarterly reports are released to Wall Street. Just hold your pants on for a bit. It will come. It may not be stated in the detail you want, but you will get some numbers.

For the record Fox will know soon enough the specific numbers....you see Fox gets compensated for the number of viewers, when the royalty check shows up Fox will know the real number of viewers, up or down. It won't know the specific reason why someone left.

So far it has been reported by Neilsen. They lost 433K subscribers compared to the same number last year.

Interesting. I got an email today from Dish with my account number stating that DIY network was now part of my programming. Did anyone else get this email or what that my perk? Lol

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts