dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think people should complain. Like some others I have felt DISH needs to do this with programmers for sometime now. But they do need to know when they lose a channel just how many will actually take the time to complain because that is an indication of how many might switch. Sometimes as a provider you just have to pay more than you want to when looking at the big picture. CNN was not one of those times, CBS, FOX, TNT/TBS are those times. The catch 22 is costs are already very high and people are already downgrading or not using traditional sources. That's what DISH and others are faced with.

I think people should complain. Like some others I have felt DISH needs to do this with programmers for sometime now. But they do need to know when they lose a channel just how many will actually take the time to complain because that is an indication of how many might switch. Sometimes as a provider you just have to pay more than you want to when looking at the big picture. CNN was not one of those times, CBS, FOX, TNT/TBS are those times. The catch 22 is costs are already very high and people are already downgrading or not using traditional sources. That's what DISH and others are faced with.
Complain, or voice your opinion of that channel? Complaining just sounds like a 2 year old that got his toys taken away. Voicing concerns with the loss of a channel is a register of how many people are concerned with the channel and how many truly are willing to pay that extra dollar.

I just left some unpleasant remarks and while I am not a fan of Fox News, I am sick and tired of all these disputes. Dish argues that the content provider is asking for some sort of absurd rate increase and in order to keep costs down, they have fight for a better rate. Yet prices continue to rise each year. While Dish maybe the cheaper of the content providers, what difference does it make when you pay less and get less. I'd actually like to see them provide a some sort of credit to everyone who should be getting Fox News. I am in no ways a fan of the content providers who's tactics are just about as absurd as you can get but in the end fair is fair and no one should be paying the same rate when getting less.

Excellent points. Dish is getting quite a reputation based on their track record for giving you less than what you paid for. These disputes are really getting old. Time to drop 'em.

Complain, or voice your opinion of that channel? Complaining just sounds like a 2 year old that got his toys taken away. Voicing concerns with the loss of a channel is a register of how many people are concerned with the channel and how many truly are willing to pay that extra dollar.
I think actually to complain. I don't think many are calling to voice a concern other than to know why the channel isn't on.
If no one even notices a channel is gone as I did apparently for quite some time with CSNNE that may be indication there is no reason to pay more than DISH wants to. I can only go on myself and what I see for posts here. I didn't miss it and still don't, and virtually no one has complained about it missing. If that carried over to no real numbers calling to actually complain to DISH over it, if I'm DISH I don't pay more than I think it is worth.
Change that to NESN, and calls from New England will come pouring in likely the day it isn't available.

Excellent points. Dish is getting quite a reputation based on their track record for giving you less than what you paid for. These disputes are really getting old. Time to drop 'em.

Not good points, don't want disputes change to a provider that has less disputes. If your set up costs the same somewhere else why wouldn't you have switched by now? These disputes are not new. We know for a fact most people do not switch over these disputes. Those few that do would do so over other things they don't like anyway not just because of the dispute with rare exceptions. A national channel permanently gone which rarely happens might be another story depending on the channel.

I'm not getting less, I get far far more with DISH than I would for the same money with Direct TV. I would have to drop down a package AND drop a receiver to pay the same. Oh, and I would have to pay a $3 surcharge with Direct TV for RSN's.

As far as I know, ROKU only has various FOX videos, it doesn't stream FOX News live. Anyway, I'm considering getting the basic Direct package (19.95) in addition to keeping my Dish AEP because this FOX dispute may be long term. After a year, i'll decide which one to keep and which one to drop. If I elect to keep Direct, i'll upgrade to their Premier package. I prefer Dish because I'm more interested in movies and other entertainment than sports. The sports provided by Dish is adequate for my watching needs.

I'm considering the same for one TV with a plain HD receiver. It's $25.95 with the one box $6 fee. I won't leave Dish because you will have to pry my Hoppers out of my cold dead hands. There is a side benefit to the DirecTV dish pointing a different direction than Dish's - TV during wet snow (Eastern Arc) and direction of heavy rainstorms. I'm going to try to get them to give me a longer discount period as a "disgruntled" Dish customer.

I'm considering the same for one TV with a plain HD receiver. It's $25.95 with the one box $6 fee. I won't leave Dish because you will have to pry my Hoppers out of my cold dead hands. There is a side benefit to the DirecTV dish pointing a different direction than Dish's - TV during wet snow (Eastern Arc) and direction of heavy rainstorms. I'm going to try to get them to give me a longer discount period as a "disgruntled" Dish customer.

Which package is that low with DirecTV (,or is that a promotional price)? I thought Family was close to $30 currently. Your first box for 1 TV would be included in the base price. I believe I read additional boxes will be going from $6 to $6.50.

Which package is that low with DirecTV (,or is that a promotional price)? I thought Family was close to $30 currently. Your first box for 1 TV would be included in the base price. I believe I read additional boxes will be going from $6 to $6.50.

No, if you look at their website, the $19.95 price is for content. In small grey print, when you choose a plain HD receiver, it says an additional $6 fee would apply. Maybe they will credit it back if you ask. If you pick a DVR, it's $6 plus an additional $15 DVR fee. It's the 120 channel package that will be gone in February as an option unless already purchased.

The February price increase raises the $6 receiver fee to $6.50.

I am not update to date on Direct, but I thought I read that new customers, not sure on the date now pay a fee for first receiver

so many people miss the point entirely over Dish's main objections: Fox is holding people hostage by insisting on jacking up rates on other Fox channels as part of a package deal. This is not really about Fox News. This is about Fox trying to screw us all and cram all sorts of other channel fees down our throats. Why do so many Fox viewers miss this point entirely?

I think you're in the wrong thread, Portland Chris, but most of them do get the point. They just don't care. Of course, that won't stop them from bitching when the rates go up.

Edit: My bad. You are in the right thread. Sort of. ;)

I just left some unpleasant remarks and while I am not a fan of Fox News, I am sick and tired of all these disputes. Dish argues that the content provider is asking for some sort of absurd rate increase and in order to keep costs down, they have fight for a better rate. Yet prices continue to rise each year. While Dish maybe the cheaper of the content providers, what difference does it make when you pay less and get less. I'd actually like to see them provide a some sort of credit to everyone who should be getting Fox News. I am in no ways a fan of the content providers who's tactics are just about as absurd as you can get but in the end fair is fair and no one should be paying the same rate when getting less.

Your post makes no sense. You are asking that Dish actually draw a line in the sand and reduce your bill each year? Will NOT ever happen. There are channels that folks will cancel over....and those channels seem to be ESPN and the network locals. That's reality, whether you like it or not. Those rate increases will continue.

A credit for the folks that "should" be getting Fox News? You failed to read the terms and conditions of what you signed up for. No one "should" get this if you clearly review the contract you signed up for.

But you are missing the overall point - Fox is demanding a rate increase for FS1 and other channels that is tied to the Fox News deal. This issue is causing this issue. No doubt Dish has a hostile attitude for Fox - after all Fox has tried to destroy the Hopper and other friviolous claims.

A credit for the folks that "should" be getting Fox News? You failed to read the terms and conditions of what you signed up for. No one "should" get this if you clearly review the contract you signed up for.

So if Dish can go a month without paying for Fox News while charging it's customers the same price they did when Fox News was included in their packages, they save what 10 to 12 million dollars? Sounds like the folks are the losers here.

So if Dish can go a month without paying for Fox News while charging it's customers the same price they did when Fox News was included in their packages, they save what 10 to 12 million dollars? Sounds like the folks are the losers here.
When Dish signed the new Disney deal to include higher rates on ESPN, Disney, and ABC channels, did your rates go up? So they ate the cost for 9 months, but you are complaining about what....2 weeks of 2 channels missing so far?

Also...

"
In the event that we delete, rearrange or change any programming, programming packages or other Services, we have no obligation to replace or supplement such programming, programming packages or other Services. You are not entitled to any refund because of a deletion, rearrangement or change of any programming, programming packages or other Services.
"

http://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/residential-agreement.pdf

Call, complain and get your credit.

Your rates are going up regardless, so might as well get a credit for the in conveince.

If dish issues enough credits they may actually learn a lesson when it comes to negotiations and will resolve these disputes faster and hopefully without interruption.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)