dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
And, please don't give me that this costs "x" and this costs "y" I realize there are costs, but the do not rise as high and as fast as they rise programming costs and fees. It is simple price gouging and they all do it.
With Dish's average net profit per sub at under $5/month, that doesn't exactly strike me as a big enough margin to qualify their pricing as gouging.

Reactions: Tampa8
I'm sure, if y'all think they need any donations, they'll gladly accept them from you since, you think they need to make more off of you.

Reactions: GaryPen
Commended? Seriously? Do you work for Dish? The original post that started this thread was about how some guy's mom got a $50 credit for the Fox News blackout after he or she posted on a site designed to let Dish know your opinion. Some members, just like myself, posted their opinions and shared their thoughts on this thread. Some pro Dish and some not. I merely stated how I was tired of all this and a credit should be issued. Regardless of who your provider is, this is the new norm and that is why people continue to leave pay tv in droves and how just about everyone 18 and older will never have a pay tv bill. Why do I stay? I stay because I like the service and equipment Dish provides. Now while I like the service and equipment, I can be unhappy about the new normal and the price increases. Oh and I can voice my opinions all the while you want to commend billion dollar companies for saving you a whole $1.50 while they treat their customers and employees like crap.

Fox News being pulled (or similar channel) is NOT why people leave pay TV in droves. Look at the demographics. People leave pay TV for two things: (1) increasing bills, and (2) they die off so to speak and are not replaced by someone else younger in the demographic cycle. The younger folks are into all the new techno gadgets and this is why Dish is pursuing a limited "over the top model." People leave Pay TV not when a single channel is pulled off, but when the bill gets too much.

So now it is about how Dish treats it's employees? I thought it was about Fox News. But no, it was about RSNs in the NY market. But then it was about channels being pulled off and you not getting a 50 cent credit on your bill, and now it is about how Dish treats its employees. (Personally, I do not care how Dish treats its employees - it is not my problem.....so long as they have people answering the phone if I call [which is really, really rare]).

Look, it just does not sound like Dish is the company for you.

Fox News will come back when Fox gets real on its demands, or when Charlie sells the company, or if he loses his mind. None seem to be happening real soon.

The only fees directv has is for additional boxes which is still cheaper than Dish.

What you save with Dish in programming, you pay in fees
So you save on fees with DIRECTV ,but pay more for the programming and with DISH you pay more with FEES and less on programming. Either way you just about break even with either service.

Reactions: foghorn2
If subscribers want to contact Dish to complain about the loss of programming, and request a credit or some other compensation for it, they are certainly within their rights, and are completely justified in doing so.

If Dish is willing to do this, why would anybody here feel the need to whine about this? The DDL (Dish Defense League) here at SG never ceases to amaze me.
I love it the DDL(DISH Defense League). I think that they work hand in hand with the DISH Pom Pom Waivers that I come across so often when you say anything he least bit negative about DISH. :cheer

Makes me wonder if DISH doesn't have some of their employees set up here with false ids ,so they can work here on this site to defend DISH. Propaganda ,isn't it wonderful.:yessign

I love it the DDL(DISH Defense League). I think that they work hand in hand with the DISH Pom Pom Waivers that I come across so often when you say anything he least bit negative about DISH. :cheer

Makes me wonder if DISH doesn't have some of their employees set up here with false ids ,so they can work here on this site to defend DISH. Propaganda ,isn't it wonderful.:yessign

It's hardly propaganda when reporting the simple truth, I left several years ago for Directv, but came back. Why? Directv had better programming overall, but lessor equipment options. At the end of the day, however, Directv did not have the Pac 12 Network and Dish did. People change for sports coverage, but beyond that, few ever do.

Are you referring to the Select package for 12 months at $19.99/month (reg. $49.99/month)?

Yes - and the offer is only good until 1/15. With the price increase in Feb you won't be able to enroll in Select any more. The new price list shows Select as a grandfathered package.

I don't watch them either,but I sure as hell called to get my credits. I'm all about saving money on my bill anyway I can.

But by doing that and asking for Fox News credits, you are sending the wrong message and effectively helping Fox Corporate. Dish keeps records of all its credits and why you are requesting them.

Reactions: bamasat and ChadT41
But by doing that and asking for Fox News credits, you are sending the wrong message and effectively helping Fox Corporate. Dish keeps records of all its credits and why you are requesting them.
I'm sorry ,but in my household saving money off of my already bloated DISH bill is priority #1. I also got credits bigger than for Fox, for CNN in November. IF they remove a channel off of my service,whether I watch it or not, I want money for the loss. They still charge me for it whether it is on the service or not, so why not refund money when they take it off my service? As for helping FOX, I have no intention of ever helping them. But they will do just fine regardless of what I do or you do. But with the train of thought you are espousing ,that means that every time DISH goes up on the programming packs ,which is yearly, and I continue to pay my bill, I am sending the wrong message to them as well and helping DISH corporate.

Reactions: Tampa8
so many people miss the point entirely over Dish's main objections: Fox is holding people hostage by insisting on jacking up rates on other Fox channels as part of a package deal. This is not really about Fox News. This is about Fox trying to screw us all and cram all sorts of other channel fees down our throats. Why do so many Fox viewers miss this point entirely?
This by no means is a new tactic.Every single broadcaster does the same thing.From Abc/Espn/Disney to Cbs/Showtime,to Turner,and Nbc/Comcast.This is why I say something needs to change.Whether it be A la carte,or something else,it needs to happen soon.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

When Dish signed the new Disney deal to include higher rates on ESPN, Disney, and ABC channels, did your rates go up? So they ate the cost for 9 months, but you are complaining about what....2 weeks of 2 channels missing so far?
Chad your Dish bias is unbelievable,yes we did pay an increase for Disney in advance of the contract renewal.The packages went up from 5 to 15 prior to the renewal,then 5 to 7 after the renewal.So yea,we paid more.

I don't think so. The actual Dish employees make no secret about who they are. And, DIRT is an awesome resource that just does a great job, which is way more effective than flag-waving.
It's the customers with the weird emotional attachment to a brand or company that I never understand. You see it in IOS vs Android forums, or the old Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD forums right here on SG. Some people just don't understand that you can prefer something, even like it quite a bit, but still complain about its shortcomings. In fact, wanting something to improve and be its best is a much healthier attitude than blind devotion.

So now it is about how Dish treats it's employees? I thought it was about Fox News. But no, it was about RSNs in the NY market. But then it was about channels being pulled off and you not getting a 50 cent credit on your bill, and now it is about how Dish treats its employees. (Personally, I do not care how Dish treats its employees - it is not my problem.....so long as they have people answering the phone if I call [which is really, really rare]).
I care about how EVERY company treats its employees, as it is my problem, and is every American's problem. But, that's only because I care about more than just myself.

This by no means is a new tactic.Every single broadcaster does the same thing.From Abc/Espn/Disney to Cbs/Showtime,to Turner,and Nbc/Comcast.This is why I say something needs to change.Whether it be A la carte,or something else,it needs to happen soon.

This one is a little different and a little more extreme on Fox's part. They are using Fox News and FBN as leverage for other channels that are still under contract. It would be normal and expected if Fox was trying to leverage popular channels for more favorable rates on other also out of contract channels, but that is not the case.

ala carte will never happen with Congress.

I do see the point in rates rising across channels, but seriously it is out of control.

There was a bill for locals whereby any operator could carry it at whatever price was offered to the customer by the channel. That way the customer could opt in or opt out as necessary and decide if it was worth it for the locals. I don't think this went anywhere.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)