dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
A credit for the folks that "should" be getting Fox News? You failed to read the terms and conditions of what you signed up for. No one "should" get this if you clearly review the contract you signed up for.

So if Dish can go a month without paying for Fox News while charging it's customers the same price they did when Fox News was included in their packages, they save what 10 to 12 million dollars? Sounds like the folks are the losers here.

Well Dish has added other content as well during the year, and your rates didn't go up, did they, for the added content?

Are you willing to pay more to cover the added increase for FS1, FS2, FXX and the like?

Maybe Dish is not for you?

Reactions: Tampa8
I have been banging the drum on that.

Most complain about Dish's fees. However, I do not see as many complain about DirecTV's. I have always sensed this since my first post when we had a similar package that was higher with DirecTV and not getting any premium movie channels in it like Encores and feeds of The Movie Channel. For the most part, I have found Dish to be cheapest. I even some say they will switch to DirecTV. Maybe they are looking at the promo prices...

Most complain about Dish's fees. However, I do not see as many complain about DirecTV's. I have always sensed this since my first post when we had a similar package that was higher with DirecTV and not getting any premium movie channels in it like Encores and feeds of The Movie Channel. For the most part, I have found Dish to be cheapest. I even some say they will switch to DirecTV. Maybe they are looking at the promo prices...

The only fees directv has is for additional boxes which is still cheaper than Dish.

What you save with Dish in programming, you pay in fees

The only fees directv has is for additional boxes which is still cheaper than Dish.

Could not agree more Claude. I just like Dish mainly for the equipment. They do fee you to death, that's for sure, I pay $58 just in fees, which is ridiculous. However, like I said I really do like my Hoppers and Sling. The Genie is good, tried that route, but for my use, the Hopper is just that bit better to have Dish even if it is a little more.

What would the cost of a 6 tuner set up, with the option to transfer to a mobile device, Whole Home HD DVR cost, without a network connection...

Your post makes no sense. You are asking that Dish actually draw a line in the sand and reduce your bill each year? Will NOT ever happen. There are channels that folks will cancel over....and those channels seem to be ESPN and the network locals. That's reality, whether you like it or not. Those rate increases will continue.

A credit for the folks that "should" be getting Fox News? You failed to read the terms and conditions of what you signed up for. No one "should" get this if you clearly review the contract you signed up for.

But you are missing the overall point - Fox is demanding a rate increase for FS1 and other channels that is tied to the Fox News deal. This issue is causing this issue. No doubt Dish has a hostile attitude for Fox - after all Fox has tried to destroy the Hopper and other friviolous claims.

My bad, you clearly know everything considering you read and understood the terms and conditions when you signed up. Perhaps you should of read my post with the same scrutiny you read those terms and conditions with. I never asked Dish to draw a line and I'm not looking for them to reduce my bill on a continual basis. All I said is that they should simply provide a credit of some sort for the absence of a channel. I've watched channels disappear one by one and I've watched my bill rise at a level that would make it seem like I was still getting the same slate of channels I got when I signed my contract. Just ask anyone in the NY market about paying for regional sports when we don't get a single channel anymore. What about rate increases tied to the hardware we have? Why does the DVR free go up or why does it cost a $1 more a month to lease the same box I've had for multiple years? I am shocked at the number of people posting that seem to be against the idea of a credit while a channel is taken down.

My bad, you clearly know everything considering you read and understood the terms and conditions when you signed up. Perhaps you should of read my post with the same scrutiny you read those terms and conditions with. I never asked Dish to draw a line and I'm not looking for them to reduce my bill on a continual basis. All I said is that they should simply provide a credit of some sort for the absence of a channel. I've watched channels disappear one by one and I've watched my bill rise at a level that would make it seem like I was still getting the same slate of channels I got when I signed my contract. Just ask anyone in the NY market about paying for regional sports when we don't get a single channel anymore. What about rate increases tied to the hardware we have? Why does the DVR free go up or why does it cost a $1 more a month to lease the same box I've had for multiple years? I am shocked at the number of people posting that seem to be against the idea of a credit while a channel is taken down.
I think the reason would be:

When Dish signed the new Disney deal to include higher rates on ESPN, Disney, and ABC channels, did your rates go up? So they ate the cost for 9 months, but you are complaining about what....2 weeks of 2 channels missing so far?

Also...

"
In the event that we delete, rearrange or change any programming, programming packages or other Services, we have no obligation to replace or supplement such programming, programming packages or other Services. You are not entitled to any refund because of a deletion, rearrangement or change of any programming, programming packages or other Services.
"

http://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/residential-agreement.pdf

Also, to answer why the receiver fees go up, and any other fees go up, because that is the cost of business. As expenses go up, such as creating new software, needless replacements, needless technician visits, etc, the cost has to go up for everything. I have posted a few times about the net profit per subscriber dish makes per month. in 2013, it was $4.74. Not a huge margin for these fees not to go up.

DISH does not charge you ONE DIME when they add a channel in the middle of a year, so why would they simply drop your subscription price during a dispute? And guess what, prices would most likely go up even if programmers didn't raise their rates. Employee wages among too many costs involved in running a business to list go up sometimes a few times during a year. The answer for you is to get Direct TV with less blackouts (Although they have another one right now with another looming) and depending on your equipment and packages pay $180+ more a year. Your choice.

Wow, sounds like I touched a nerve. Perhaps you could remind me of all those channels Dish continues to add each year? What I do know is that Dish along with all other pay tv services have contracts that expire and channels are pulled when negations fail. Both parties claim to be on the side of the subscriber and yet the side that actually sends out the bill each month finds a way to raise the bill each year. I get that the cost of running a business goes up but a good business will also find a way to reduce costs and either hold the line or make that increase as small as possible. If the average pay tv bill is indeed headed to $200 per month in the coming years then a great many of you will wish you said something rather then defend the status quo.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Wow, sounds like I touched a nerve. Perhaps you could remind me of all those channels Dish continues to add each year? What I do know is that Dish along with all other pay tv services have contracts that expire and channels are pulled when negations fail. Both parties claim to be on the side of the subscriber and yet the side that actually sends out the bill each month finds a way to raise the bill each year. I get that the cost of running a business goes up but a good business will also find a way to reduce costs and either hold the line or make that increase as small as possible. If the average pay tv bill is indeed headed to $200 per month in the coming years then a great many of you will wish you said something rather then defend the status quo.
LHN, SEC, Pac-12, Not to mention the streaming capabilities of all the WatchESPN and Showtime Anytime. Just to name a few.

Also, they still are the lowest cost provider, on everyday price...so that would fit your example of
making it minimal.

Reactions: Tampa8 and fbara
Well Dish has added other content as well during the year, and your rates didn't go up, did they, for the added content?

Are you willing to pay more to cover the added increase for FS1, FS2, FXX and the like?

Maybe Dish is not for you?
That rate increase is coming next month.

Reactions: mitchflorida
That rate increase is coming next month.
Rate increases are going to happen no matter what happens. If Dish accepted all these contracts and didn't fight, the $5 we are paying more, would be even higher. Could you imagine a $10 increase?

I think the whole lot of them, programmers and MPVDs are in bed with one another. These little skirmishes are nothing but propaganda, an excuse to raise rates 15 years ago these things never happened and pay TV increased usually on an annual basis, but just a dollar or maybe two per month each year. Not this $5 and $7 increase crap. The cost of pay TV has certainly risen higher than average inflation over that time period.
And, please don't give me that this costs "x" and this costs "y" I realize there are costs, but the do not rise as high and as fast as they rise programming costs and fees. It is simple price gouging and they all do it.

You list a number of complaints about Dish:

1. No Fox News
2. No NY sports network
3. Channels disappearing.
4. Lack of credit/freebies when a channel is pulled off.

Why do you even stay if you are this unhappy? I mean it sounds like for years you have been pissed off. Are you sure you are even under contract? You must have done an upgrade over the years as well to bind you to a contract term again.

And yes I do read the terms and conditions. Sounds like you need to wait your contract out and look for another provider.

DISH should be commended for what it is doing to hold the line on pricing. You missed the point of the fight - it is not about Fox News, it is about what Fox is doing with the other Fox owned channels and bundling them. Your anger should be directed to Fox.

Reactions: Tampa8 and ChadT41
You list a number of complaints about Dish:

1. No Fox News
2. No NY sports network
3. Channels disappearing.
4. Lack of credit/freebies when a channel is pulled off.

Why do you even stay if you are this unhappy? I mean it sounds like for years you have been pissed off. Are you sure you are even under contract? You must have done an upgrade over the years as well to bind you to a contract term again.

And yes I do read the terms and conditions. Sounds like you need to wait your contract out and look for another provider.

DISH should be commended for what it is doing to hold the line on pricing. You missed the point of the fight - it is not about Fox News, it is about what Fox is doing with the other Fox owned channels and bundling them. Your anger should be directed to Fox.

Commended? Seriously? Do you work for Dish? The original post that started this thread was about how some guy's mom got a $50 credit for the Fox News blackout after he or she posted on a site designed to let Dish know your opinion. Some members, just like myself, posted their opinions and shared their thoughts on this thread. Some pro Dish and some not. I merely stated how I was tired of all this and a credit should be issued. Regardless of who your provider is, this is the new norm and that is why people continue to leave pay tv in droves and how just about everyone 18 and older will never have a pay tv bill. Why do I stay? I stay because I like the service and equipment Dish provides. Now while I like the service and equipment, I can be unhappy about the new normal and the price increases. Oh and I can voice my opinions all the while you want to commend billion dollar companies for saving you a whole $1.50 while they treat their customers and employees like crap.

Someone stated that the primary receiver for new customers will also be $6.50 now...I did not notice that. If you have older equipment like we do with Dish (which may not be as "popular" as the Hopper), the Duo is included in the price. Don't get me wrong I wish the second Duo was not $14/month, but where else will you have independent tuners for four TVs for the price (now that cable companies are also using boxes).

No, if you look at their website, the $19.95 price is for content. In small grey print, when you choose a plain HD receiver, it says an additional $6 fee would apply. Maybe they will credit it back if you ask. If you pick a DVR, it's $6 plus an additional $15 DVR fee. It's the 120 channel package that will be gone in February as an option unless already purchased.

The February price increase raises the $6 receiver fee to $6.50.

Are you referring to the Select package for 12 months at $19.99/month (reg. $49.99/month)?

If subscribers want to contact Dish to complain about the loss of programming, and request a credit or some other compensation for it, they are certainly within their rights, and are completely justified in doing so.

If Dish is willing to do this, why would anybody here feel the need to whine about this? The DDL (Dish Defense League) here at SG never ceases to amaze me.

What is the cost of 4 rooms, 6 tuners, with the ability to transfer content to mobile devices... Whole Home HD DVR???

...I am shocked at the number of people posting that seem to be against the idea of a credit while a channel is taken down.
Simple. I don't watch either of the fox enfotainment channels that are no longer on the air. So won't ask for a credit for something I don't even notice aren't there anymore.

Reactions: bamasat
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts