dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The two senators that brought it forth backed out saying they were satisfied with how far it had gotten, but lost momentum.

I care about how EVERY company treats its employees, as it is my problem, and is every American's problem. But, that's only because I care about more than just myself.

We cannot solve every ill in the world.

You care about how Dish treats its employees, but don't care about how Fox is treating you? Look, Fox is tying the renewal for Fox News to an upgraded charge to carry FS1. As I understand it the contract for FS1 (ala Speed) is not up any time soon. In reality, it is Fox that is playing you here. Call them and rip them a new one. You are letting yourself be conned. This is NOT about Fox News, it is about how Fox is using Fox News for leverage on its other channels.

The two senators that brought it forth backed out saying they were satisfied with how far it had gotten, but lost momentum.

So it was a bill they never wanted to go anywhere anyway? It would have solve the local blackout problems and stations would have to negotiate in the open.

Charlie already said he would sign the increase price in Fox News. Considered it fair by the market. FS1 not so much

They knew it wasn't going to go anywhere. Just wanted to bring light to the issue.

We cannot solve every ill in the world.

You care about how Dish treats its employees, but don't care about how Fox is treating you? Look, Fox is tying the renewal for Fox News to an upgraded charge to carry FS1. As I understand it the contract for FS1 (ala Speed) is not up any time soon. In reality, it is Fox that is playing you here. Call them and rip them a new one. You are letting yourself be conned. This is NOT about Fox News, it is about how Fox is using Fox News for leverage on its other channels.
I didn't say I didn't care about how Fox was treating me, did I?

I want to make sure I understand... it's ok for me to pay money for channels that I don't watch, but it's not ok for me to ask for a credit when those channels are taken down? Come on now. So I should pay money for channels that aren't available to ANYONE?

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I want to make sure I understand... it's ok for me to pay money for channels that I don't watch, but it's not ok for me to ask for a credit when those channels are taken down? Come on now. So I should pay money for channels that aren't available to ANYONE?
tumblr_m94co6Jqnp1qe61euo1_1280.jpg

All you do is complain. Why not complain to Fox and lay into them for USING you.

Look, the reality is Dish is not for you. It appears you can either be unhappy or move on. It is what it is.

Stockholders shouldn't discourage customers from using their product, right? You may not like the negative pub, but I think everyone has a right to voice opinions about what is going on here (within reason). Neither Dish nor Fox are wearing halos.

Chad your Dish bias is unbelievable,yes we did pay an increase for Disney in advance of the contract renewal.The packages went up from 5 to 15 prior to the renewal,then 5 to 7 after the renewal.So yea,we paid more.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
I am convinced that Dish could raise prices 100% and there are some diehard fanboys around here that would welcome the increase and defend Dish and Charle Ergen to the end.

I like Dish, but.... When Dish raises its prices 100%, I'm outta here. I will not pass Go, I will not collect $200, and I'm takin' Boardwalk with me! :D

You quote numbers like the packages going up $5-15 per increase. However, what I find funny, is their net profits. I will be interested in seeing what the net profit is for Dish in 2014, and see if it still remains under that $5 increase. If it does, then it would be reasonable to assume that the increase was necessary to go into place, because the cost of the channels(all the channels) have increased prices each year.

Stockholders shouldn't discourage customers from using their product, right? You may not like the negative pub, but I think everyone has a right to voice opinions about what is going on here (within reason). Neither Dish nor Fox are wearing halos.

and I am free to voice mine as well. Some folks just like to complain about everything, no matter what the issue is. My issue is the complaining by the uninformed. The reality is that this is on Fox, they are the ones tying the renewal of Fox News to FS1 and other channels. Dish has supposedly signed off on the dollars for Fox News, but Fox wants to make Dish pay more for FS1, despite a signed contract in place that does not come due for awhile. So its OK to complain, but one should have the complete facts before doing so.

You quote numbers like the packages going up $5-15 per increase. However, what I find funny, is their net profits. I will be interested in seeing what the net profit is for Dish in 2014, and see if it still remains under that $5 increase. If it does, then it would be reasonable to assume that the increase was necessary to go into place, because the cost of the channels(all the channels) have increased prices each year.
I hope you are a Dish stockholder. If not, you must not have very much to occupy your time?
Reason I ask is you (not that's it's any of my business) seem to spend an inordinate amount of your time worrying yourself about Dish's income statements.
And all things Dish for that matter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts