dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Someone ought to start a poll and ask who is to blame and more greedier? DISH or FOX? I would love to see the numbers on this site. Then Mitchflorida could find just how outnumbered he is in his opinion.:bounce

Taking a poll about what a bunch of people thing without knowing any facts is really silly. I say we take a poll and let those hardcore viewers of Fox News absorb the total increase on Fox News and the other channels Fox is pulling in. Let the folks that want Fox at all costs have that burden. Sounds fair enough.

According to Fox, it's about Dish censoring news. Where have you been? :)

I blame both sides on this.imo they are both greedy!! :)

Well, think this through - if Dish opens up and caves - then what? Our bills go up. Dish is largely indifferent here - except as increases go higher, many subs cancel. So Charlie is protecting our bottom line as well. It's kind of a simple concept. I don't want to pay more, so I don't want Dish to cave.

Taking a poll about what a bunch of people thing without knowing any facts is really silly.

You must be talking about yourself. How many Dish subscribers have cancelled? How much money is Fox asking for Fox News and Fox Business Network? Please post the answers here so we can all know the "facts".

Reactions: whitewolf8214
When I cancelled Dish over a week and half ago and they have everything back and today they sent me a free PPV certificate out for a free movie If I could pass it along to somebody i would that could use it!! Here it is..

Your free DISH Pay-Per-View movie certificates
Finance

DISH
To
me

Today at 4:52 AM
Account Number: ****************

Dear

Below are 1 Pay-Per-View certificate(s).

Certificate Number(s)

Expiration Date2015-04-11

To view our wide selection of new release Pay-Per-View movies, please visit mydish.com/orderppv. For Video on Demand movies, visit mydish.com/ordervod.

Please note that Pay-Per-View certificates are only valid for Pay-Per-View (channels 502-558) and Video On Demand (channels 1 and 501) movies up to $6.99. They cannot be used for movies rented from DISH Anywhere™ or Blockbuster@Home.

Thank you for being a valued DISH customer.
:)

Well, think this through - if Dish opens up and caves - then what? Our bills go up. Dish is largely indifferent here - except as increases go higher, many subs cancel. So Charlie is protecting our bottom line as well. It's kind of a simple concept. I don't want to pay more, so I don't want Dish to cave.
Keep on believing that. Our bills go up every year ,roughly the same as customers of other providers. Perhaps we don't notice when other carriers lose channels, but with Dish losing channels for extended periods has become a constant problem. It would be great to save money, but so would watching what we want.

Yep.

Every time there is a price increase, people yell and scream and cancel their service. Certainly their right to do so. People use the reason that Dish should cave and pay more is that it will save customers. Okay, if they pay more, and the 2016 price increase is twice as much due to caving, how many will cancel due to that price increase? So, Dish has to balance it...people lost due to driving a hard bargain with Fox versus potential people lost due to having to charge even more due to caving to Fox.

People complain that "Well, my price goes up anyway". There are so many agreements that have to be negotiated per year, big ones like Disney/ESPN/ABC, ones like Turner/CNN/HLN, at some point, all the other ones, all the channels on Dish have agreements that eventually run out. And I seriously doubt any of those providers are asking for less than the previous contract. So, without even considering Fox, is it a surprise that Dish has to raise prices 5-10% per year? Everybody is having to do so due to the new contracts.

Reactions: mopee3
Keep on believing that. Our bills go up every year ,roughly the same as customers of other providers. Perhaps we don't notice when other carriers lose channels, but with Dish losing channels for extended periods has become a constant problem. It would be great to save money, but so would watching what we want.

Yea our bills go up, but how much more? Every channel wants "pennies per day." Go ahead and look, Dish is more economical and has much better equipment. Believe whatever you want, but facts are facts

Change providers and see if it gets better. Directv is more. Comcast is a ton more. But wait, just wait until the merger w/Time Warner, its just going up.

Please don't let the door hit you as you exit. Good riddance.

Reactions: mopee3 and Tampa8
You must be talking about yourself. How many Dish subscribers have cancelled? How much money is Fox asking for Fox News and Fox Business Network? Please post the answers here so we can all know the "facts".

How many have cancelled? Who knows, but its doubtful many have. Don't believe for a second the bogus Fox comment about 90k have cancelled. If you even look at how the determined that number you'd even agree. We'll also find out the cancellation numbers when 4th quarter data is released to the markets. You really believe there was a surge between 12-22 and 12-31? I call b.s. on that, it won't even be noticeable.. What will Q1 show? Probably in line with historical numbers. People are under contract, have a hassle in switching, or will have to pony up more cash after promo period ends. Psst....Dish is cheaper.

Yea there is a ATT Uverse option available to some. Go for it if it is in your area...its not in most of the USA, but yep there are some big sign up bonuses....bye.

I also know a helluva lot more about all this than you do. Guaranteed.

All I know is that my father-in-law, who is a cult-following watcher of FNC, thinks that Dish is anti-American because he heard that Dish is censoring them.

Reactions: ChadT41
Educate him. Or at least by trying, get the idea across that his is not the only way of looking at it.

Reactions: ChadT41
Yea our bills go up, but how much more? Every channel wants "pennies per day." Go ahead and look, Dish is more economical and has much better equipment. Believe whatever you want, but facts are facts

Change providers and see if it gets better. Directv is more. Comcast is a ton more. But wait, just wait until the merger w/Time Warner, its just going up.

Please don't let the door hit you as you exit. Good riddance.

Yea there is a ATT Uverse option available to some. Go for it if it is in your area...its not in most of the USA, but yep there are some big sign up bonuses....bye.

I also know a helluva lot more about all this than you do. Guaranteed.[/QUOTE]

Calm down Charlie...err Chris . You have convinced me you are the smartest man In the room, but Man you need to work on your people skills

All I know is that my father-in-law, who is a cult-following watcher of FNC, thinks that Dish is anti-American because he heard that Dish is censoring them.

Ask him if he feels good about Fox pulling the move they did - negotiate terms w/Dish on Fox News. and then ask for MORE for FS1 and FXX, even though a contract is in place. Ask him if he wants to write a check for the rest of us to absorb this. Or I guess he can switch....adios I say.

I was going over my online banking site and found that Dish had charged me with a $62.56 charge. So I went on my mydish account and could not find any charge but I did find my regular amount.
I called Dish and the woman who I talked that the $62 was the result of a $50 credit for Fox news disaster. I got no notice from Dish but I just checked and did find a free pay for, view movie cert.

He isn't even a Dish subscriber. He just saw the blurb. But since it came from his trusted source, it has to be accurate.

He isn't even a Dish subscriber. He just saw the blurb. But since it came from his trusted source, it has to be accurate.
Not a political post, but more a generational post. Folks of a certain age, when they see something reported on TV, generally believe it to be true, and have no reason to distrust what they just heard. Let's say we hear that Comcast and AMC are in a dispute, and AMC runs a scroll on their channels how Comcast dropped the channel. Those without inside info, or those that don't follow the industry, will tend to take that word as fact. Also comes from a time when if they heard it on TV from what they consider an official source, they believe it to be true, no reason to doubt.

Not sure if it's generally younger folks and/or us here, but we tend to take any "official" communication with a grain of salt, and check multiple sources.

I went to the web site and told them that the Fox issue didn't effect me since I don't watch FNC. But I did post about the lack of an RSN here in upstate NY.
So far no credit.

Not a political post, but more a generational post. Folks of a certain age, when they see something reported on TV, generally believe it to be true, and have no reason to distrust what they just heard. .

I resent that comment. I'm of a certain age, as you put it (66) I don't believe every thing I hear.
I got my BUD in the mid 80's. I've been with Dish so long that I had to buy and install my own system. There was no such thing a a Dish tech to do installs.
So before you make generalization, THINK!

Reactions: 356B
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)