dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If I were Dish I would not return the channel until Fox dismisses all legal action on the Hopper and comes to reasonable terms on all other contracts coming due soon.

I agree with you on this. Dish could say, yeah, lets renegotiate the rates for the other channels, how about getting paid "LESS" for them instead of more. When the contract comes due for the other channels Fox could say that they want Fox News renegotiated, the flipside of what they are wanting to do now. It might be in their best interest to negotiate everything now and make sure it is all reasonable before returning Fox News but if they change contracts to make them all due at the same time then that will be very bad news as they will try to hold all the channels hostage as other companies already do.

Did you have to walk to school 5 miles in your bare feet, uphill both ways?

Naw it was only a 7 block walk and we had to wear shoes or die from exposure. I started first grade in 1946 in the Red River Valley of the North in a small farming community of 2000 people.

Dish charges me for a lot of channels I do not want in order to get the few I do want. Dish bundles them in ever more expensive packages. Dish wants fox news ala carte in their negotiations from the other fox channels that fox is trying to bundle into a package. Fox has turned the tables on dish. How much is QVC worth to you? Why is it in my lineup? Oh, dish bundled it with the 10 channels I do want.

Did you just conjure up some randoms thoughts in your head and them post them on here? Where did you come up with your information?

Naw it was only a 7 block walk and we had to wear shoes or die from exposure. I started first grade in 1946 in the Red River Valley of the North in a small farming community of 2000 people.
Image_1_Alfalfa_Lilttle_Rascals.png

Where was this wagon circle when Disney, AMC, CBS, etc... was happening?

they negotiated with them, that is what they need to do with fox.

Well, you used to watch them....I hear ratings are down and they kicked a bunch of subscribers to the curb trying to get more for their other channels. You mean nothing to them. Just keep that in mind. I hear Mr. Ergen is laughing at them, saying he told them so....he'll win this battle. Fox should have kept the Fox News channel issue to the Fox News Channel issue. When Fox retorts and cries censorship you know Dish is winning the war.

If I were Dish I would not return the channel until Fox dismisses all legal action on the Hopper and comes to reasonable terms on all other contracts coming due soon.
Oh, I am still watching them. There are other places besides Dish. And what else do you hear?

Well, I filled out that form, let them know I thought Dish was doing the right thing and shouldn't renegotiate channels not within a contract. Just got an email that indicated that I received a $50 credit. Thanks to Fox, my wife gets to see the Outlanders Season Two. W00t!

Where was this wagon circle when Disney, AMC, CBS, etc... was happening?

they negotiated with them, that is what they need to do with fox.
Disney didn't pull the channels. They allowed the contract to be extended, for nearly a year! Fox said no extension. 'We want more money for our diluted channels not part of this contract or else we'll pull FNC!' Dish went *gasp*, chuckled, and walked away.
Dish charges me for a lot of channels I do not want in order to get the few I do want. Dish bundles them in ever more expensive packages. Dish wants fox news ala carte in their negotiations from the other fox channels that fox is trying to bundle into a package. Fox has turned the tables on dish. How much is QVC worth to you? Why is it in my lineup? Oh, dish bundled it with the 10 channels I do want.
QVC actually makes your bill cheaper. ;)

Are you making things up? I have not seen anything reported anywhere that DISH wants FOX Ala carte.
I think they misunderstood the part where FXX, FS1, etc... weren't part of the FNC and FBNC contract.

Well, I filled out that form, let them know I thought Dish was doing the right thing and shouldn't renegotiate channels not within a contract. Just got an email that indicated that I received a $50 credit. Thanks to Fox, my wife gets to see the Outlanders Season Two. W00t!
I also replied telling them not to give in. Got my $50.00 credit today.

ABC Family HD, one of the Disney HD's...It was the HD versions of the channels. The SD channels remained. That was 2009? Maybe 2010...

Sent them a message yesterday saying hold fast, and don't give in. And they sent me a $50 credit today! Very nice. That paid for my new Wireless Joey Access point. :)

Disney didn't pull the channels. They allowed the contract to be extended, for nearly a year! Fox said no extension. 'We want more money for our diluted channels not part of this contract or else we'll pull FNC!' Dish went *gasp*, chuckled, and walked away.
QVC actually makes your bill cheaper. ;)

I think they misunderstood the part where FXX, FS1, etc... weren't part of the FNC and FBNC contract.
Are you making things up? I have not seen anything reported anywhere that DISH wants FOX Ala carte.
I'm saying fox wants their channels bundled. Dish wants them not bundled (ala carte).
Fox has as much right to require bundling as dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)