dishstandsbyyou gives you a great credit for fox dispute

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My educated guess - going on what Scott heard, DISH has not lost many subs OVER what they thought they would. You have to know DISH looks at the probable number of subscribers who will leave we learned that over the NY RSN's. Charlie stated they know how many really watched RSN's and it wasn't enough to worry about those that would leave compared to what the cost to DISH was. (Fast forward Direct TV has surcharges now in areas including NY) They know FOX news channel gets high ratings, but the cost of the other channels apparently outweighs the number of subs who will leave, in their estimation. I'm not saying they are correct and they won't lose more than they thought, just at this time they may not have.

If the numbers were all that low, Dish would have released them to strengthen their negotiating position with Fox.

14 million subscribers. An educated guess tells me between 0.5 percent to 1.0 percent cancelled. That would be 70,000 to 140,000.

Probably another 20+ percent of Dish Subscribers called in and got service credits.
Fighting spitting all over my screen from laughter.
Edit: Lost the fight.

I love Dish. We work, eat and sleep Dish, but I don't buy that they're not losing a lot of subs. If they are the last thing they'll do is admit it which would weaken their bargaining position. Remember Charlie is a gambler and knows how to bluff. We won't really know until the numbers are released for Q4 2014 and Q1 2015, which is gonna be a long time from now.

I'm worried because it seems that Charlie and Rupert are personally involved and I don't want to wait and see who's less stubborn.

And that was the problem with the AMC dispute, many of us felt Charlie/DISH was being too personal about it.

Reactions: ChadT41
So according to you, it is not ok for the Chairman to call out another company.....

If I was a CEO/Chairman negociating with a well known Dish CEO/Chair and found out they went on a huge, worldwide public venue and slandered my fair company without any proof, I'd tell 'em where to shove their satelite. I think Fox has grounds for a libel suit.

You can go on hanging a sign on that pig and call it a dog for all I care.

I mean jeez louise, look at the news, look at the fall out rate.
http://www.keepfoxnews.com/

Fox warned us early December this would happen. I just ignored it. Guess I was in denial.

http://www.multichannel.com/news/di...as-lost-90000-subs-fox-news-disconnect/386701

Multichannel news is reporting that Dish has lost 90,000 subscribers since the Fox News contract expired. If they have lost 90,000 plus we have been given these credits, at some point this has to be hurting Dish.

Well I'm one that walked away from dish.....Had nothing to due with Faux news....and I made sure they knew it.....I still have another dish account in Illinois....First of they year has a lot to due with change.....Not Having NFL season ticket and MLB pushed me over the edge... that's all

Reactions: KAB
If I was a CEO/Chairman negociating with a well known Dish CEO/Chair and found out they went on a huge, worldwide public venue and slandered my fair company without any proof, I'd tell 'em where to shove their satelite. I think Fox has grounds for a libel suit.

Fox warned us early December this would happen. I just ignored it. Guess I was in denial.
Look at the news? Do you mean the "news" at that website?

This worked. Got my email for $50 credit today. Just filled out the form on that link in the OP.
Actually, I just got an email stating I got one, as well. So, I guess they are just behind a bit on catching up with all of the "dishstandsbyyou" comments. That makes it seem like there might be quite a few being posted.

What was the slander? Fox has admitted to using Fox News to get carriage deals on other channels. You just don't want to believe the truth. And your knowledge of the legal definition of slander for items in the public domain and public figures is clearly lacking.

I hope this ends very, very soon.

It will end when Fox pulls back and stops trying to tie a upcharge on FS1 to the Fox News contract. News reports say Dish has already signed off on a price increase for Fox News by itself. It's the bundling of FS1 when Dish already has an unexpired deal in place that's creating havoc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts