Disney Networks Dispute Recitifed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
We are already paying for these channels with DISH, why would I sub to another provider when I am already paying for it?
I did the 21day trial for TY tv again... may be just the thing to keep me on it and kill dish finally. I'll evaluate the channels tomorrow after CFB games are over. But for $60-70 a month if I get everything vs $140 I'm paying now it may be a no brainer once and for all.

I did the 21day trial for TY tv again... may be just the thing to keep me on it and kill dish finally. I'll evaluate the channels tomorrow after CFB games are over. But for $60-70 a month if I get everything vs $140 I'm paying now it may be a no brainer once and for all.

Is there a way to set timers and record shows on YTTV? And is so, how many can be recorded (or saved) at the same time?

Something tells me this will resolve
Very Quickly (less than a week, today or monday)
OR
Will become HBO (years/perm) lockout.

The customer 'blowup' will be large and swift for one or both sides.

Is there a way to set timers and record shows on YTTV? And is so, how many can be recorded (or saved) at the same time?
Yes you can google how to instructions they have YT videos to show you how and so on. Since it may have everything I need it is likely to push me over edge as a 22+year Dish customer once and for all.
Just sign up for the trial and test it a while that is what I'm doing.

This isn't just a dish thing but these carrier contracts and the negotiations are a real pain. It seems like a constant problem with one company or another. We still have locals that are off air on Dish (we OTA but the guide is still messed up even though dish said they would fix it.) If we switch to AT&T or cable or whatever then we will still run into carrier contract problems.
It seems that with streaming directly the carriers are just a legacy of the past and they haven't figured out a new model yet. My team is usually on deep cable (BTN) but of course today we play a ranked team on ESPN2. Have ESPN+ for other sports but that doesn't cover live sports on the broadcast channels. At some point something has to give and it just may be us leaving dish after 20+ years.

We are already paying for these channels with DISH, why would I sub to another provider when I am already paying for it?
Better suited is if you know someone with another provider, who might "let you watch your preferred programming."

That's what I do, specifically with my local RSNs, since Dish purged them.

Disappointing... I've been using Directv Stream for awhile now, and would have gotten rid of Dish already, but the boss lady likes Dish.
With Dish dropping/being forced to drop 25+ channels? Maybe it's time to get rid of Dish completely.

The boss lady is setting up for a wedding today, using her phone to watch her football game, using the Directv Stream app. Maybe this will be the push for her to say cancel.

I really hate calling into Dish (or any cable company) trying to get credits. With 25 channels, they better be taking off a LOT more than $5.

And all the programming from those channels ( except for ESPN) is on Disney’s streaming services, Hulu and Disney+, some on ESPN+, now before/same day/day after as they are on Traditional Channels.

I wonder if Dish is using that fact in the negotiations to get pricing down since the programming is no longer exclusive to Traditional Providers.
It never was

Reactions: charlesrshell
It seems that with streaming directly the carriers are just a legacy of the past and they haven't figured out a new model yet. My team is usually on deep cable (BTN) but of course today we play a ranked team on ESPN2. Have ESPN+ for other sports but that doesn't cover live sports on the broadcast channels. At some point something has to give and it just may be us leaving dish after 20+ years.

Not sure what this means. This would suggest that the "new model" services have figured something out that DISH hasn't. If that were the case, YouTube wouldn't have had the same issue with Disney/ABC less than a year ago:

Switch providers if you want but don't be surprised when the same issues pop up at your new provider.

I really hate calling into Dish (or any cable company) trying to get credits. With 25 channels, they better be taking off a LOT more than $5.
I sat on chat for over 20mins arguing and they wouldn't budge beyond a one time $5 credit.. I'm not picking up the phone to argue I shouldn't have to. I clearly told em the time it took me to sign up with another service was worth way more than $5 already. Soon as I mentioned espn in the chat they had a canned response too...I instantly threw that nonsense back in whoever I was chatting with face...such BS. You want to argue contacts....fine but be prepared to give customers enough back to get another service to hold them over for at least 1 month.

Disappointing... I've been using Directv Stream for awhile now, and would have gotten rid of Dish already, but the boss lady likes Dish.
With Dish dropping/being forced to drop 25+ channels? Maybe it's time to get rid of Dish completely.

So does DIRECTV stream work similarly to You Tube TV? Does it offer cloud storage as well?

Can this get me out of the remainder of my contract (11 months) or am I still going to be forced to pay the ETF when I cancel?

The thing that bothers me the most about this is no advanced warning! That's the greed on both sides. It proves, without doubt, neither Dish nor Disney has a care about the viewers.

I have been understanding towards Dish through all the past inconveniences, but this might be the one. Correct me if I am wrong, I can't think when this has happened without us having to watch endless crawls.

I know this seems random, but this is the type of thing that would make me NEVER consider Republic Wireless. I can only imagine that they get into a carriage dispute with Crown, which seems to be the biggest owner of cell towers. To me, not worth the chance.

My personal opinion is this is why the traditional satellite/cable model is slowly dying. The likes of a YouTube TV and such do go through the same carriage issues, but it's much simpler to drop on of those for another service than calling Direct or Comcast to come out and swap equipment. The networks know that they have the advantage. I'm just glad that my kids are beyond the "we need Disney Channel" phase.

I personally like keeping satellite because every winter we get hit some kind of down line that knocks out power and internet; and when that happens, we put the boiler, refrigerator, and TV on the generator. While cable is out for days to roughly a week (at max), we still get TV.
The real problem is that 3 or 4 companies own all the channels