DMYCO Receiver

It is one of the many boxes sold for the sole purpose of hacking. I would move on and look for another box.

Reactions: Magic Static
wow i didnt realize that. I have order a Linkbox 9000i HD FTA iPTV PVR.
any thoughts on this receiver?

I'm not much on combo STBs. It seems they are never fully free of bugs in some aspect of their design. But the Linkbox does have some support where as hacker boxes don't.

wow i didnt realize that. I have order a Linkbox 9000i HD FTA iPTV PVR.
any thoughts on this receiver?

I don't like mine. Maintaining time sync is impossible because it doesn't use NTP servers and some transponders sync you to the correct time while other transponders give you weird results. And this box is slow to lock onto a signal (10-15 seconds) or you could be on the sat but don't have a picture or sound until you select a different transponder and then return to the program that you want to watch. There have been problems with the IR remote control - in my case, I had to replace the IR receiver inside my 9000i. And the original IR remote went bad so I replaced it. 1080p has never worked but 1080i does. I've only had my 9000i for about a year. I haven't played with IPTV much but there are a lot of defunct pre-programmed links . Also, the ALi channel editor didn't work for me - downloads from the receiver worked fine but uploads to the receiver corrupted the data that required advanced methods to restore the receiver to a usable state. Otherwise, it works but for $160 I expected better. There's a lot of junk electronics being sold these days - not just satellite equipment - I have a video doorbell that developed problems after about 6 months of use - not worth the money I paid for it. /rantoff

so whats the best box out there.

I have no idea. Everyone has their opinion as to which is best. You'll have to wade through the review section since there's no comparison tables that I know of. This thread addresses issues on 101.0W and possibly relates to issues receiving the Luken Mux on SES2 (87W) that will impact your decision as to which STB or PCIe card to buy. It comes down to what you want and what you're willing to live without.

Reactions: primestar31
From what i’ve seen online dmyco boxes are very similar to the freesat receivers. I also have a linkbox 9000i and just as mentionned above, it’s not worth the asking price. It’s 10 X the cost of a freesat v7!

so whats the best box out there.

From what I've seen on this and other FTA websites, there's no one size fits all solution and if you're looking for an industry standard, as far as I can tell, there isn't any. Just not enough people doing FTA to force the industry to set specific guidelines for manufacturing.

As you've seen, most people have varying degrees of success with different brands. It all depends on what actually works for you. Is FTA worth pursuing? I think so, and I installed dishes for 30 years. I actually got into FTA because the one channel my wife and I watched every day was forced to go digital.

I learned one thing right out the gate. Price does not necessarily guarantee performance. However, there is one thing you can count on and that's getting help when you need it on this website. Great bunch of guys and gals on here. :D Great hobby.

As the Octagon SF 8008 is a new release STB, have you tested for your recommendation? Is the blindscan function working?

One poster so far at Rick's says blindscan "works well with this box".

To me, that box is WAY overkill for a person just starting out. In fact I'd go so far as to say it's overkill for nearly anybody that just wants to watch some tv.

Here is another Receiver Ustym 4K PRO is identical to the SF 8008, is also 4k, 2 tuner DVB-S2X, I have the Octagon SF4008 I was really disappointed on this receiver they never came up with blind scan, the Octagon SF8008 is selling in Europe for about 135 dollars plus shipping.
The Ustym 4K PRO should be out for sale in November, both receivers are Enigma2 receivers.
Check them out.
Regards.
Tunder

Reactions: martin-f
As the Octagon SF 8008 is a new release STB, have you tested for your recommendation? Is the blindscan function working?

Hi Brian ive personally not tested it but member Scopus is testing one here at the moment, Scopus tells it as it is he has nothing to do with Octagon,

Code:
https://www.satellites.co.uk/forums/threads/octagon-sf8008-e2-4k-uhd.174449/page-3#post-1058651

Ustym 4K PRO is identical to the SF 8008

This is true and it works out cheaper than the Octagon, ive paid for this model and awaiting delivery, when my box arrives i will give a honest report in this thread here.
Code:
https://www.techwatch.co.uk/forums/threads/new-set-top-box.117116/

Reactions: Titanium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)