DN Superdish LNB Mounts

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Apprentice

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 28, 2008
Wichita Kansas
Does anyone know of a super dish LNB mount that would let me change it from 3 LNB's to a single?

I have done a few google searches but have not found anything yet.

I am just wanting to grab 119 for ION and Nasa and the others are just sitting doing nothing. I would rather have a single LNB pointed directly at 119. Seems like I would possibly have a better signal that way?

Chuck

On a 105 SuperDish, the 105° and 110° are under the hood.
The 119° LNB is the one off to the side.
Just remove it and wire yourself up to the 110° LNB and aim that for NASA.
See 105 SuperDish LNB cluster below.

On a 121 SuperDish, you could remove the outboard LNB (which is for 110°), I suppose.
The 121° and 119° aren't conveniently separated.
I guess you could put the 110° LNB down the main LNB arm, but it hardly seems worth the trouble.
See 121 SuperDish LNB cluster below.

By the way, all the LNBs on SuperDishes are Bandstacked. (DishNetwork calls 'em DishPro)
Hope that won't cause you any troubles.

Also, a 18" dish is sufficient for 119° NASA, so it's kind of a waste of a nice SuperDish.
The forum has some discussion of using SuperDishes as-is, for regular FTA reception.

Attachments

• SD105.7750.jpg
    SD105.7750.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 193
  • Superdish121_lnb.jpg
    Superdish121_lnb.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 180
I have a ton of super dish's so figured I might as well use them :)

figured that the extra dish space would give me better signal with less fade if it was dead on instead of to the side. just a thought and nothing better to do with them really lol.

I use hose clam or wire. One could use ducktape if they wanted, to at least hold it in place while you wire it up or clamp it. I got a ton of SuperDishes some brand new in the box. I still got the 105 lnb's but sold the 110 and 119 lnb's. I still have several of the 110 lnb's that had the pointy end on it that are used. I hate just seeing them sit there without a good home. I would like to use some of these for wi-fi links but the lnb's I have no use for.

Anole kinda hit the nail on the head. The SD setups have one LNB that is near bore sight and should work fine. The bigger dish will help compensate for the off center

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts