Do any of you subscribe to the NFL Ticket?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks like today is the day for Sunday Ticket posts, as there is another one on the site.

I have had it for five year, and I have been lucky to have always have had Super Fan given as a credit since it started. As far as next year I will take a look at things in the household at that time. I found myself doing a few other things on sundays so I will look at the old budget at this time. A major reason why I have contiued is I have been getting superfan as a credit, I dont know how long that train will last.

Look foward to the Superfan posts in intensity in June/July!! They are one of the most pasionite either way

Looks like today is the day for Sunday Ticket posts, as there is another one on the site.

I have had it for five year, and I have been lucky to have always have had Super Fan given as a credit since it started. As far as next year I will take a look at things in the household at that time. I found myself doing a few other things on sundays so I will look at the old budget at this time. A major reason why I have contiued is I have been getting superfan as a credit, I dont know how long that train will last.

Look foward to the Superfan posts in intensity in June/July!! They are one of the most pasionite either way

Satjay,
Seeing your in the Detroit market, you would have to have the ST in order to see your favorite team regardless. Unless of course it's the Lions, and from what I remember, they can't give those ticket away.
If your team is outside of the Detroit area, the ST is defiantly a worthwhile item to have, even in the difficult times in your area, next year you and others may have to look closely to see if it's affordable to you.

Everyone is in a different situation, I personally but money aside for the ticket so I have it when the renewal process comes up. I don't like the fact the price goes up every year and they ask for more money for HD, but what are you gonna do, either buy it or skip it.

I did not know that when I paid for the ST this year that my team would be on locally most weeks (Pittsburgh Steeler's) ... as it turns out, I paid when I didn't have to, but you don't know about next year

Jimbo

Satjay,
Seeing your in the Detroit market, you would have to have the ST in order to see your favorite team regardless. Unless of course it's the Lions, and from what I remember, they can't give those ticket away.
If your team is outside of the Detroit area, the ST is defiantly a worthwhile item to have, even in the difficult times in your area, next year you and others may have to look closely to see if it's affordable to you.

Everyone is in a different situation, I personally but money aside for the ticket so I have it when the renewal process comes up. I don't like the fact the price goes up every year and they ask for more money for HD, but what are you gonna do, either buy it or skip it.

I did not know that when I paid for the ST this year that my team would be on locally most weeks (Pittsburgh Steeler's) ... as it turns out, I paid when I didn't have to, but you don't know about next year

Jimbo

Oh I for sure love it, and yes it would make sundays dull with only one game on sunday (seeing lions are horrible and I see many blackouts next year) Plus as my young kids get older more $$$ seem to go to them for needs

Just got to see what cost they put together for next year and how the household budget is looking and give it the old college try for a credit next year again for superfan, though not counting on that next year. I have been lucky getting it and I know it can not go on forever

Yea, I just looked at your location & feel for your economy; I used to live in Waterford & half my GF's family was involved in the automobile industry. I have all American cars & just purchased a new GM to help the cause. It will work itself out in a good way.

I've had ST since 2000 and don't plan on dropping it. The current DirecTV contract with the NFL runs through 2009 I think so it will be interesting to see who goes after it. With what DirecTV pays the NFL it will be hard for another single provider to outbid them unless the NFL decides to open ST to all providers for a fee or the cable companies somehow ban together to bid against DirecTV. I don't think Dish has enough market share by themselves to outbid DirecTV. Maybe that's the way it should go and I'd think it would drive down the cost.

I've had ST since 2000 and don't plan on dropping it. The current DirecTV contract with the NFL runs through 2009 I think so it will be interesting to see who goes after it. With what DirecTV pays the NFL it will be hard for another single provider to outbid them unless the NFL decides to open ST to all providers for a fee or the cable companies somehow ban together to bid against DirecTV. I don't think Dish has enough market share by themselves to outbid DirecTV. Maybe that's the way it should go and I'd think it would drive down the cost.

What provider other than Directv would have the capacity to carry ST in SD and HD?

Probably none and that's one of the reasons DirecTV might keep hold of the contract after this year. On the other hand, ST could be marketed like HBO or Showtime through several providers for a fee. There are a number of different ways ST could be repackaged and the present business model dumped. I'm not saying they (NFL) wants or will do that but they could. The NFL has to be somewhat careful not to get crosswise with their major networks with whatever they decide to do with ST.

I am a Cleveland Browns fan. Yes I know. Its hard times right now.
I have had ST & SF for three years now. Because I lived in Norfolk VA and Wash DC.
I since moved to Cleveland. It was to late to cancel..so I just kept it.
I will be moving back to Norfolk VA this summer. I will not reup. Cost to much for the product
I am getting on the field here in Cleveland. I might reup in the future if the team gets better. But I will just watch the local games (Redskins) down in VA until then. Catch highlights on NFL network on the Browns.

I have and love ST and SF.Because of my zip code in Frederick MD,I have to get the Washington DC locals even after begging for Baltimore.FCC says no I guess.If I didn't have the package, there were several weeks for each of the last 3 seasons,that I could not have watched the Ravens because Fox or CBS was carrying the Redskins. I have read on some of these forums about changing the address to another zip code. I wonder if that really works.I would love to get the Baltimore locals and would even be willing to pay an extra $5 a month.

Im looking into buying the ticket next year but after reading the comments here about no HD w/o an addon fee i may think twice about it.

One suggestion i thought would be cool for the ticket is adding local commentators on a selectable feed (like SAP feeds). Im a fan of the Denver Broncos and living here in Los Angeles on nights they play the (ugh) Raiders, I've sat at work and listened to the Raiders Radio Network whine about how bad (or good) their team is. I was lucky enough that on opening week, I was able to tune into KOA 850AM from Denver (something to do with AM waves & the right conditions in the atmosphere) and listen to the Broncos Radio Network. Granted its alot of work syncing play by play & airing rights as well as fighting for commercial time but i would love to hear play by play commentary that supports my team. Any takers on that idea?

Directv has put themselves in a position with the Sunday Ticket where I believe they cannot afford to NOT be the exclusive provider of this package.

Over the years this exclusive package has cost me hundreds of potential DISH Network sales. All customers where perfectly happy going with DISH Network over Directv until they found out they could not get Sunday Ticket.

If Dish somehow managed to be the exclusive provider next fall for the Sunday Ticket, we are just talking one massive amount of churn from customers cancelling Directv and switching to DISH Network.

Even if the rights to Sunday Ticket where not exclusive, the churn is still going to be bad for Directv because there are alot of people out there who put up with Directv over cable or DISH Network just because they want to watch their football games on Sunday and take advantage about a discounted offer for new customers.

Directv has put themselves in a position with the Sunday Ticket where I believe they cannot afford to NOT be the exclusive provider of this package.

Over the years this exclusive package has cost me hundreds of potential DISH Network sales. All customers where perfectly happy going with DISH Network over Directv until they found out they could not get Sunday Ticket.

If Dish somehow managed to be the exclusive provider next fall for the Sunday Ticket, we are just talking one massive amount of churn from customers cancelling Directv and switching to DISH Network.

Even if the rights to Sunday Ticket where not exclusive, the churn is still going to be bad for Directv because there are alot of people out there who put up with Directv over cable or DISH Network just because they want to watch their football games on Sunday and take advantage about a discounted offer for new customers.

You are correct.
If in your hypothetical situation, I would think that it would be much more likely that the ST would open up to other providers, than move to another exclusive contract with the other Sat company ...

IF it ever leaves D*, it won't be for another individual company.

If the NFL would realize how much more money they could make by allowing all the networks to offer the Ticket, it would be a no-brainer to do away DTV's exclusive rights. There's no way DTV could offer the NFL as much money to keep the rights as the NFL would stand to make otherwise.

If there is one thing the NFL knows about it is how to make money.

Some real good points, though from reading some of the posts in the Dish section, would Dish folks want Sunday Ticket, many of the posts I read say they apreciate the fact that the "Cost is not being passed down to them"??? And they know for Sports its Directv, for movies its Dish?

Time has come where all providers should carry NFL ST. This will make more money for NFL and would cost the customer less. Plus customers don't have to change providers they are happy with to receive the sports packs they want.

Satjay,

Jimbo

Oh I for sure love it, and yes it would make sundays dull with only one game on sunday (seeing lions are horrible and I see many blackouts next year) Plus as my young kids get older more $$$ seem to go to them for needs

Just got to see what cost they put together for next year and how the household budget is looking and give it the old college try for a credit next year again for superfan, though not counting on that next year. I have been lucky getting it and I know it can not go on forever

Given the current state of my Lions, I was ready to switch my allegiance to another team, (Steelers), but not at this price. Besides like Jimbo said, I think I actually saw the Steelers at home more than I saw the Lions from my own living room.

I'm not a huge homer but I've had ticket for awhile. The value in it has been reduced simply because of the new NFL scheduling. Most of the important games are being broadcast already for ratings and then on top of that with the addition of Thursday night games, Monday night football and the key match ups you usually see on Sunday I really wouldn't have missed any games this year. The gaems I would have missed were scrub games anyways. Second year in a row that has happened.

With the added costs of Sunday Ticket and Superfan its just not worth it. If they included Superfan I'd probably get it again but right now its not worth it for me.

It would be interesting to see if the NFL opened it up to all providers. The issue will be price. Should the NFL dictate a standard rate? What should that rate be? Given the price fluctuation since its inception, it seems like they aren't sure what customers will tolerate.

What about allowing the provider to choose the cost? Would providers use it as an incentive, ie keep it at the minimum price that the NFL charges or would they subsidize it to attract new subs? There are some interesting possibilities.

Then again, if I was direct, I would try to maintain exclusivity forever; if I was the NFL, I would want as many potential subscribers as possible...

There have been no fluctuations but it has risen at a rate along with everything else as demand has maintained and also risen; its never gone down and then up and down and the up again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)